HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Robbiem

An extension is almost certain. Unlike Paris where park three is constantly pushed back there are a lot of land pressures in hong kong so disney may be forced to do something. If covid restrictions are more permanent it could also put the pressure on to get get guest numbers up

im guessing the 2025 date is a decision date not opening so the second park could open In the late 2020s? Does the government have to agree to spend if Disney hits the go button? OLC issued shares to fund Disneysea so hong kong could do something sim for their expansion

Asa

Building a small park is not the same as building a cheap park.

HKDL has criteria to meet (mainly attendance figures) if it wants to extend the phase 2 land. It is under pressure to at least release it for temporary housing. (Although I wonder who would want to live in temporary housing that is so far away from everything.) It is far from an automatic matter.

Passing the security law just makes HKDL in the same boat as SHDL. So I don't see how WDC will not want to invest if it is economically feasible.

Asa

im guessing the 2025 date is a decision date not opening so the second park could open In the late 2020s? Does the government have to agree to spend if Disney hits the go button? OLC issued shares to fund Disneysea so hong kong could do something sim for their expansion

Of course govt have to agree since they are the larger shareholder with 52%. It is like you and your partner have a business in equal share. Then your partner said he wants to make a branch in another location. If you don't put up your share of the money then your partner could own the branch all by himself.

To issue public shares in HK then you need to float the company (HK International Themeparks Ltd) on the stock market. For that to happen HKDL needs to make money for 3 years in a row.

Magic Feather

The thing that makes me so sad about the HKDL situation is that (imo) the second park pad is the best location for a Disney Park, and definitely the most beautiful. While HKDL gets gorgeous mountains in the background, the second park would have an entire shoreline along the bay to play with, almost like an even better Tokyo DisneySea. With the current status of HKDL, I unfortunately doubt we see it any time soon, but I really hope Disney is able to hold onto that land until they are ready.

Robbiem

The thing that makes me so sad about the HKDL situation is that (imo) the second park pad is the best location for a Disney Park, and definitely the most beautiful. While HKDL gets gorgeous mountains in the background, the second park would have an entire shoreline along the bay to play with, almost like an even better Tokyo DisneySea. With the current status of HKDL, I unfortunately doubt we see it any time soon, but I really hope Disney is able to hold onto that land until they are ready.

i agree the location is definitely the most beautiful of any Disneyland. I never thought about the mountain and ocean backdrops but you’re right two different but amazing locations. I so hope Hong Kong gets the love it deserves

BrianLo

Site B is too small for a proper land or mini-land but is a strategic site as it could be used to expand Arendelle, Toy Story Land, Fantasyland or even Adventureland. It could feature a proper E-ticket or a descent land expansion.

Mini-land isn't totally off the table. Site B is about the same size as Mystic Point or Walt Disney Studios Paris' Ratatouille courtyard. But of course that doesn't preclude it from just being an expansion of TSPL or Arendelle. I hope for another isolated E-ticket though like the former two examples.

BrianLo

DisneyBay. Keeping spreading it until it happens.

I know everyone turned their nose up at a water park, but I still think it's a good idea using some of the hotel expansion slots. Particularly if Ocean Park is DOA.

disney.dreams

Not really Disney-related, but this definitely affects the future of HKDL.

The law was issued at 11 pm last night. Before that time, none of us knows about the details of the law,
but the government claimed that the majority of Hong Kongers support it.
Up till now, the government still not release the English version of the law,
so as to stop the spread of the content of that unreasonable law to foreign countries
and at this moment, the police is using the law to arrest many protesters.
This is hong kong, and yes, it's totally ruined by the Hong Kong Government and the PRC : )

ParkPeeker

Could you please direct me to that forum? I can't find it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom