Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

We use glue sticks in my room, too. I don't like Elmer's glue. It's messy. I have some bottles that I keep stored away, but we use them only for special projects that need the heavier glue. I don't think we used them at all this past year.

I also do not use any form of glitter in my room. I hate glitter.

I'm not a fun teacher, am I?
Elmer's glue so fun spreading it on your hands and then peeling it off

Doodlelicious

I couldn't deal with middle and high schoolers. No thanks.
This upcoming year will be my Senior year in college and unless it is messed up by the virus I will get an opportunity to Student Teach both Elementary and Secondary school aged students. This will give me experience on both end of the teaching spectrum so I can have some sort of idea where to lean once I start searching for jobs.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
This upcoming year will be my Senior year in college and unless it is messed up by the virus I will get an opportunity to Student Teach both Elementary and Secondary school aged students. This will give me experience on both end of the teaching spectrum so I can have some sort of idea where to lean once I start searching for jobs.
I am certified ages birth-11, so essentially through 5th grade. I had to do early childhood student teaching, and then the "real" student teaching. One quarter in K-2, and one in 3-5. I got 4th grade for my first placement, then K for my second placement. When I was applying for jobs, I really wanted 3rd grade. I ended up getting 1st, and I love it now. I didn't think I would, but I do.

PUSH

Original Poster
College ruled paper all the way!!!

and mechanical pencils!
Not for 1st graders. Their handwriting is too big, and their fine motor skills aren't developed enough to not break the lead. Ticonderoga pencils all the way! I don't allow anything else in my room. And none of those crappy Cra-Z-Art crayons. Crayola or bust.

If you're a primary teacher, and you think differently... you're wrong.

Doodlelicious

I am certified ages birth-11, so essentially through 5th grade. I had to do early childhood student teaching, and then the "real" student teaching. One quarter in K-2, and one in 3-5. I got 4th grade for my first placement, then K for my second placement. When I was applying for jobs, I really wanted 3rd grade. I ended up getting 1st, and I love it now. I didn't think I would, but I do.
In some ways I really think I would love having the little ones because they have such unique creative thinking minds and that really excites me a lot with Art. The older students however that would be taking Art classes for the most part already have some sort of interest in it and their minds are sort of set on what they creatively want to accomplish with Art. At least that was the way I was when I got into high school. So I am a bit torn either way. I do think no matter what I am going to love my job.

@PUSH Crayola Crayons are the best.

PUSH

Original Poster
In some ways I really think I would love having the little ones because they have such unique creative thinking minds and that really excites me a lot with Art. The older students however that would be taking Art classes for the most part already have some sort of interest in it and their minds are sort of set on what they creatively want to accomplish with Art. At least that was the way I was when I got into high school. So I am a bit torn either way. I do think no matter what I am going to love my job.
Teaching is really fun. I honestly don't know what else I'd do. There's a lot of BS (not Bob Saget) in education, but it's worth it.

Doodlelicious

Teaching is really fun. I honestly don't know what else I'd do. There's a lot of BS (not Bob Saget) in education, but it's worth it.
I have learned a lot over the past 3 years of college and this last few months of online learning was quite different to say the least. I am hoping I can go back to my University and complete my Senior year the correct way so I can get the full experience out of my education and also the social aspect of school as well. For an Education Major it is vital in the Senior year because of the Student Teaching and if that part is removed because of this virus or somehow changed in a way I don't even know of yet, I feel I will be losing out on part of my education. We shall see what happens as my State has said that schools are going forward in the Fall with restrictions. We shall see when the time comes.

PUSH

Original Poster
My mail people and UPS people are going to hate me. I have a package of some sort coming Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Tomorrow is 20 lbs worth of books. Wednesday is just one book. Thursday is a stamp to stamp my books with my name. Thursday is also a different package with a different book. Thursday is also another heavy box of books. And Friday is a package of four 32oz bottles of hand sanitizer I'm stocking up on for my classroom, since schools aren't sure whether they'll have enough hand sanitizer to go around in the fall.

Then some other time I'll have another box of books coming from Scholastic Book Clubs. I used a bunch of bonus points from that I've had for the past few years. Those have not shipped yet, though, so they could be a couple weeks.

Can you tell I'm working on updating my classroom library? All of the Scholastic books are diverse books, though, since I've realized I have really little diversity in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom