Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

trr1

Oh dear ... Cirque du Soleil filed for bankruptcy. (Seee N&R for news story.) :(
The company says its The Land of Fantasy show will continue in China, but all other performances at other locations will be rescheduled including Cirque du Soleil’s Drawn to Life show at Disney Springs.

“Performances will resume once the pandemic is under control, pending an easing in government lockdowns and travel restrictions, and in accordance with the new corporate structure in place,” a spokesperson said.

The company says tickets for suspended and rescheduled performances are still valid and are advising ticket holders to keep their passes as they will receive more information soon. Anyone with questions can contact their customer service e-mail at contact@cirquedusoleil.com.

As fans wait for shows to resume, the company invites everyone to watch its Cirque Connect specials Friday at 3 p.m. on their website to watch previous performances.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
This is really sad news. Cirque du Soleil La Nouba was one of the most entertaining shows I have ever seen at WDW.

They also had a couple of great shows out in Vegas, some years ago. Their show at WDW was created especially for that family audience, and was very enjoyable as well. So many talented performers -- sorry to see the shows fold.

EDIT:: Just saw trr1's update, so some shows will return -- after the pandemic restrictions.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The company says its The Land of Fantasy show will continue in China, but all other performances at other locations will be rescheduled including Cirque du Soleil’s Drawn to Life show at Disney Springs.

“Performances will resume once the pandemic is under control, pending an easing in government lockdowns and travel restrictions, and in accordance with the new corporate structure in place,” a spokesperson said.

The company says tickets for suspended and rescheduled performances are still valid and are advising ticket holders to keep their passes as they will receive more information soon. Anyone with questions can contact their customer service e-mail at contact@cirquedusoleil.com.

As fans wait for shows to resume, the company invites everyone to watch its Cirque Connect specials Friday at 3 p.m. on their website to watch previous performances.

Thank you for that -- an update already! :)

Doodlelicious

They also had a couple of great shows out in Vegas, some years ago. Their show at WDW was created especially for that family audience, and was very enjoyable as well. So many talented performers -- sorry to see the shows fold.

EDIT:: Just saw trr1's update, so some shows will return -- after the pandemic restrictions.
I agree, the performers in the shows are outstanding.

Doodlelicious

Not to change the subject, but in my State of New Jersey it was planned that restricted indoor dining would to be opened as part of Phase 2 this week, but because of recent spikes in mostly my area in Southern NJ and well to put it lightly crowds of idiots at bars not following the protocol that will not be happening. Governor Murphy made the announcement that he is reversing the decision.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not to change the subject, but in my State of New Jersey it was planned that restricted indoor dining would to be opened as part of Phase 2 this week, but because of recent spikes in mostly my area in Southern NJ and well to put it lightly crowds of idiots at bars not following the protocol that will not be happening. Governor Murphy made the announcement that he is reversing the decision.
We only have patio dining here right now.

I’m not ready to dine in anywhere anyway.

Doodlelicious

We only have patio dining here right now.

I’m not ready to dine in anywhere anyway.
I am with you especially since the recent spike of cases in Southern Jersey where I am from. If I do go out for drinks with my friends it is outdoors only. I always take my mask as do my friends where ever we go. These people at these bars that seemed to be the issue were tightly crammed together and the majority of the people were not wearing masks. The bars were outside and mostly beach bars I believe, but people need to use common sense when there is that many people in a confined space.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I am with you especially since the recent spike of cases in Southern Jersey where I am from. If I do go out for drinks with my friends it is outdoors only. I always take my mask as do my friends where ever we go. These people at these bars that seemed to be the issue were tightly crammed together and the majority of the people were not wearing masks. The bars were outside and mostly beach bars I believe, but people need to use common sense when there is that many people in a confined space.
These pre-date your time with us.
First one is the Premier (akin to your governors):

And this one of course is Pretty Boy ... before it was definitively decided that masks were a good thing:

Doodlelicious

These pre-date your time with us.
First one is the Premier (akin to your governors):

And this one of course is Pretty Boy ... before it was definitively decided that masks were a good thing:

I love the term "Yahoo's". I think this country needs to start using that. "Moist" that was a very popular word a few years back here in the States. 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom