2020-Gaming discussion

The_Jobu

The_Jobu

A review embargo lifting is not the same thing as a coordinated effort to bomb a game.

I didn't say anything about the review embargo, I meant the journalists that spammed perfect 10 scores. Is the game a 0? Certainly not. Is it a perfect game? No. Perfect games can be counted on one hand, if that. I personally feel that no game can ever be perfect. Like no game can be 0, its just an extreme used to push a perogative.

It can still be a very good game, excellent even, but I think objectively, it is not a perfect game.

Tony Perkis

I didn't say anything about the review embargo, I meant the journalists that spammed perfect 10 scores. Is the game a 0? Certainly not. Is it a perfect game? No. Perfect games can be counted on one hand, if that. I personally feel that no game can ever be perfect. Like no game can be 0, its just an extreme used to push a perogative.

It can still be a very good game, excellent even, but I think objectively, it is not a perfect game.
I think you’re splitting hairs when a lot of reviews thought the game was closer to 10 than a 9 due to their preference of it being a 9.6-9.8.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Please see Terms and rules

Some recent posts (now deleted) are not acceptable.

Lock down in a video game thread? Seriously? Nothing is that serious in the world of gaming the owner here needs to keep an eye here. Sheesh.

Totally unrelated: Can anyone recommend a good wireless headset below $50?

Check buildapc reddit, you'll get lots of great deals on wireless headsets. If you see the Corsair ones under your price point I strongly urge you to grab them, they are top of the line.

The_Jobu

I think you’re splitting hairs when a lot of reviews thought the game was closer to 10 than a 9 due to their preference of it being a 9.6-9.8.

I dont feel that way at all, I think you're dancing around the point. Critics pushed the game to 10 (or close enough) for their own reasons rather than objective reviews. Likewise users pushed the game to 0 for their own reasons.

The_Jobu

Lock down in a video game thread? Seriously? Nothing is that serious in the world of gaming the owner here needs to keep an eye here. Sheesh.

Check buildapc reddit, you'll get lots of great deals on wireless headsets. If you see the Corsair ones under your price point I strongly urge you to grab them, they are top of the line.

It wasn't anything serious, just arguing.

Thanks for the Corsair tip, I hadn't considered them, got to check that out.

Tony Perkis

I dont feel that way at all, I think you're dancing around the point. Critics pushed the game to 10 (or close enough) for their own reasons rather than objective reviews. Likewise users pushed the game to 0 for their own reasons.
Then what, you just want everyone to give games blanket 7’s and 8’s just to maintain some sort of trepidation of seeming to exuberant about something?

I see a lot more valid reasons to give this game a 10 than I see valid reasons to give this game a 0 or 1. I do not buy, for a second, that reactions to 10 and 0 are equally invalid.

The_Jobu

Then what, you just want everyone to give games blanket 7’s and 8’s just to maintain some sort of trepidation of seeming to exuberant about something?

I see a lot more valid reasons to give this game a 10 than I see valid reasons to give this game a 0 or 1. I do not buy, for a second, that reactions to 10 and 0 are equally invalid.

Please dont put words in my mouth. I dont want anyone to do anything. I comment on what I see based on reasoning and logic.

And you are well within your rights to believe that all the professional reviews are without bias and the game is a perfect 10 and ignore the low scores conversely as irrelevant. I dont want to change your mind because you cant change someones mind. You can present all the most irrefutable arguments (not that I am) and they will just say no, and the conversation goes nowhere. People get way to personal about games lately, as if it is an attack to point out a lot of people dislike a game (or that a lot of people enjoy a game).

You dismiss the 0s as I dismiss the 10s and the 0s. The game may likely be closer to 10 than 0, that's not what I'm arguing.

Please note at no time am I even stating whether this game is good or bad. All I'm pointing out is that the extreme disconnect between users and access media clearly suggests the game is not universal loved. There are many games that do enjoy universal adoration, this game is not one of them.

I offer no comments on my own thoughts of the game's merrits. I wish you many happy hours with a product you greatly enjoy. That's what gaming is all about.

Tony Perkis

Finally finished the The Last of Us: Part 2.

It’s a masterpiece, but a lot will hate it. It’s vindictive and bitter at the same time as hopeful. I love it and was ed at its ambitious final chapter.

erasure fan1

I wish you many happy hours with a product you greatly enjoy. That's what gaming is all about.
Yes, 100% this. People can argue with me until they're blue in the face that two worlds was a poop show. But guess what? I really enjoyed it. You can also tell me GTA 4 deserved the 10s it got. But guess what? I couldn't stand it. If you like it, play it. If not, move on to something else and just have fun gaming.

Tony Perkis

Yes, 100% this. People can argue with me until they're blue in the face that two worlds was a poop show. But guess what? I really enjoyed it. You can also tell me GTA 4 deserved the 10s it got. But guess what? I couldn't stand it. If you like it, play it. If not, move on to something else and just have fun gaming.
GTA5 deserved all the 10s. The driving mechanics in 4 are atrocious.

erasure fan1

GTA5 deserved all the 10s. The driving mechanics in 4 are atrocious.
Also the shooting mechanics is 4 are extremely wonky. I haven't played 5 yet as GTA hasn't been my cup tea. I'll try it out I'm sure if I can pick it up for really cheap. I've heard the online is a lot of fun and they are bringing it to next gen.

PopCentury

Has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? I’m about 10 hours in and the more I play the more I enjoy it.

I’m excited to see how the sequel is going to play now that we are in post breath of the wild world.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone played Horizon Zero Dawn? I’m about 10 hours in and the more I play the more I enjoy it.

I’m excited to see how the sequel is going to play now that we are in post breath of the wild world.

HZD is sooooooooo good. Man, can't wait to play that again when I've played through my backlog... which will probably be never.

It is unbelievably good and the sequel is going to be the reason I get PS5.

PopCentury

HZD is sooooooooo good. Man, can't wait to play that again when I've played through my backlog... which will probably be never.

It is unbelievably good and the sequel is going to be the reason I get PS5.

After I beat it, I am going to decide to platinum it or not. I know what you mean with a long backlog 😂. Too many games and never enough time.

Horizon, Spider-Man, ratchet & clank and god of war is all I need for ps5 lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom