Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlandogal22

The source material is Song of the South.

The original source material is what lawdogNOLA said. Song of the South was based off that - with the ride based off the folktales which included Br'er Rabbit.

PeoplemoverTTA

I dunno. Sounds like the one popping off some swear words is the real snowflake here over a Disney cartoon.

Yup. I said it before and I’ll say it again - the snowflakes are not those who pointed out the racist elements in the ride and asking for change. Theyre people hiding behind doors sobbing, swearing on message boards, or (supposedly, according to quite a few people from what I’ve heard) vomiting because of changes to a theme park ride.

❄️ indeed...

comics101

I mean not everything he did was perfect and said it himself. Everything Walt did was basically from IPs...Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, etc. weren’t his original ideas. People seem to forget that

I never said everything Walt did was perfect, but in terms of adding to the parks? His track record was darn near.

Tony Perkis

The original source material is what lawdogNOLA said. Song of the South was based off that - with the ride based off the folktales which included Br'er Rabbit.

The source material of the attraction, which includes identical character animation, is distinctly from Song of the South.

Magenta Panther

Making recently freed slaves happy-go-lucky farmers was already an ideological white wash of history.

Yeah, I guess Walt was wrong to include Remus in the film Song of the South. He should have just used the animal characters, and then none of this would...oh wait. If he'd left Remus out, Walt would have been blasted as a racist for not including Remus, for not wanting the lead in one of his films to be black. Wowsers. You see how you can't win with the PC crowd? They can't be satisfied. So IMO, you shouldn't even try. Let them whine and complain and throw temper tantrums. Or give them a chance to make their own films with a PC filter, and see what happens *cough* *cough* A Wrinkle In Time...

comics101

Not Really, tomorrowland was always pretty subpar

...🤦‍♂️

So the addition of the Matterhorn, the Monorail, Autopia, the Submarine Voyage and Rocket to the Moon was sub-par? Dang. With standards that high, you must find everything Disney does nowadays disappointing.

Homemade Imagineering

If they hadn't hidden my thread by moving it in the politics forum when I announced this was coming weeks ago, this might not have been such an unexpected phenomenon.
I was aware of that thread since it began. I didn’t begin to worry until Disney announced they were closing Splash and you said that COP would be demoed. Originally you said ”let’s not read into it that these attractions are coming to an end, because that’s very unlikely,” which kept me reassured until now 😕.

J_Carioca

The design was one of the things that captivated me the most about Splash Mountain. It’s never been about the drop or the wet factor for me, but I realize that’s not the case for most people.
No, you’re not the only one. I can remember the exact moment I fell in love with wdw. It was my first trip, and I was in the line for Splash Mountain, my first time. You know the little birdhouses that hang over the outdoor part of the queue? I saw that and heard the sound effects coming from it and I couldn’t believe the level of detail and charm. Needless to say, the ride itself blew my mind. There are too many wonderful details to count: the jumping fish ; Poppy, Pansy and Petunia, the bees magically buzzing around the beehives. I said it before: the ride is a work of art and it’s tragic to lose it.

WDW Pro

I was aware of that thread since it began. I didn’t begin to worry until Disney announced they were closing Splash and you said that COP would be demoed. Originally you said ”let’s not read into it that these attractions are coming to an end, because that’s very unlikely,” which kept me reassured until now 😕.

Yeah, I was wrong. I haven't been posting as much here lately for a myriad of reasons, but once I began to see who was on the committee and how they were tagging attractions and even scenes with a numeric system, it became obvious to me that this was going downhill.

Brer Oswald

If you think racism can only be identified when people are explicitly called derogatory names or end up being lynched, you may be misunderstanding what the word actually means.
The word has definitely taken on a new meaning in recent times. It’s supposed to refer to discrimination on a race based on the belief that one’s race is superior. Now it encompasses anything that might hurt one’s feelings regarding the background, regardless on if the intent was based on a superiority complex or not.

The whole reference to people of different skin colour as “race” is idiotic. We are all of the human race. But I digress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom