Splash Mountain re-theme announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brer Oswald

Splash Mountain is as equally important to you as anything else in your life outside of actual people? Okay.
As far as my interests and hobbies go, it’s up there. Not to mention the fact that I don’t have much in my life. I was always made fun of growing up. I don’t have many friends. Few people like me. Most actually hate me. I do have my two loving parents. But aside from that, I have the Parks, Mickey, Mario, And Splash. I do elevate Splash on its own because it’s what reinvigorated my love for the parks, and fueled my dream to be an Imagineer.

To you, it’s probably nothing. To me, it meant a lot, and it really hurts that my character has been attacked for liking it.

Now I’m pursuing an engineering degree with no goal in sight. You gotta roll with the punches, I guess.

BigDlover

As far as my interests and hobbies go, it’s up there. Not to mention the fact that I don’t have much in my life. I was always made fun of growing up. I don’t have many friends. Few people like me. Most actually hate me. I do have my two loving parents. But aside from that, I have the Parks, Mickey, Mario, And Splash. I do elevate Splash on its own because it’s what reinvigorated my love for the parks, and fueled my dream to be an Imagineer.

To you, it’s probably nothing. To me, it meant a lot, and it really hurts that my character has been attacked for liking it.

Now I’m pursuing an engineering degree with no goal in sight. You gotta roll with the punches, I guess.
Good luck to you.

davis_unoxx

Awww I’m sorry, you got a friend in me if you ever want to talk!

StarWarsGirl

Of the people in favor of removing a beloved attraction because a cartoon rabbit might be considered racist by some, how many do you think spend any time mentoring inner city youth?

2020 is the year where burning down a minority owned store, shouting slogans, or belittling those who will miss a classic attraction is more virtuous than volunteering your time to help those you purportedly care about.
And this is my entire problem with this change.

Rather than opening up conversations with the black community and saying, "How do you feel about this? What's important for change?" and then actually listening when they speak, white people (because let's face it, that's where this is coming from) want to tear down an attraction because we're so sensitive about possibly being perceived as racist. Which is my problem with white people in general. We're so determined to prove that we're not racist that we do stuff like this (which may or may not be important) rather than taking actual actions that would help black communities.

BigDlover

It's not Woke Bingo.

It's Condescending Misogynistic Bingo with just a hint of Southern Sass. Get it right! 😂
It really isn't. Just to be clear, I used "sweetie" as in children bc you didn't know how forums work. You call children sweetie. I didn't even read your username to see that you are a woman. It had nothing to do with that, honestly.

I will miss SM. It’s definitely a top 5. I hope some tribute makes it into the makeover. I think the makeover could be a top five also, but wouldn’t it be nice to have an original story? Unlike Memaid that tells us the same story as the movie we’ve all seen to exhaustion. Maybe Tiana has to rescue the Prince again because he fooled around and got a different curse. Or kidnapped up to the mountains. A story you only get when you’ve boarded a damp log.

Last edited:

Kate F

I will miss BTM. It’s definitely a top 5. I hope some tribute makes it into the makeover. I think the makeover could be a top five also, but wouldn’t it be nice to have an original story? Unlike Memaid that tells us the same story as the movie we’ve all seen to exhaustion. Maybe Tiana has to rescue the Prince again because he fooled around and got a different curse. Or kidnapped up to the mountains. A story you only get when you’ve boarded a damp log.
BTM?

champdisney

Keep your optimism in tact. Disney will soon find out how this retheme will solve nothing.

Homemade Imagineering

I will be honest, and I will say that I feel the same exact way you do about splash as I do with IASW. Call me crazy but it was the first attraction I ever knew at any Disney park, and to this day I still recreate props from the attraction. In fact, I’m working on a ride accurate animatronic doll. To see IASW on a list of attractions under scrutiny made me feel very upset, and while I understand there are stereotypes in the attraction, the message is extremely relevant and is very important to me too. I would also feel the same way about POTC or HM, but if you made me chose out of the three which one I love the most, it’s IASW. There’s just something about it that makes me feel joyful, and I really think it’s because I’ve loved it since I was only 2 years old...

disneygeek90

I will miss BTM. It’s definitely a top 5. I hope some tribute makes it into the makeover. I think the makeover could be a top five also, but wouldn’t it be nice to have an original story? Unlike Memaid that tells us the same story as the movie we’ve all seen to exhaustion. Maybe Tiana has to rescue the Prince again because he fooled around and got a different curse. Or kidnapped up to the mountains. A story you only get when you’ve boarded a damp log.
"The reimagined Splash Mountain rides will tell an extension of the “Princess and the Frog” story that picks up after the final kiss between Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen. The new backstory for Splash Mountain will follow Tiana and Louis the trumpet-playing alligator as they prepare for their first Mardi Gras performance."

orlandogal22

Thanks. I’ve learned quickly that I don’t HAVE to work for Disney. But I’m still unsure on what I want to do.
Nevertheless, I’ll keep going. Hopefully whatever I end up doing puts a smile on someone’s face.

You'll do awesome - anywhere you end up!

I am a former cast member myself - worked in Guest Services. I adored my time at Disney but that was 20+ years ago. Times have changed. Companies change too (as we've seen).

Indeed, you don't have to work for Disney. You may find your heart takes you to another company you never even thought of or considered!

I know that you'll succeed wherever you end up.

Brer Oswald

I will be honest, and I will say that I feel the same exact way you do about splash as I do with IASW. Call me crazy but it was the first attraction I ever knew at any Disney park, and to this day I still recreate props from the attraction. In fact, I’m working on a ride accurate animatronic doll. To see IASW on a list of attractions under scrutiny made me feel very upset, and while I understand there are stereotypes in the attraction, the message is extremely relevant and is very important to me too. I would also feel the same way about POTC or HM, but if you made me chose out of the three which one I love the most, it’s IASW. There’s just something about it that makes me feel joyful, and I really think it’s because I’ve loved it since I was only 2 years old...
I also feel very close to Small World. Out of all the Disney attractions, it’s the one that’s held my fascination the longest. Sometimes, I’ve felt very negatively about it. But mostly, I just love immersing myself in the attraction. I have hope that the great message will keep the ride alive. But I have little interest in visiting the parks to the extent I used to, so whatever happens happens.

bryanfze55

You do have a lot in life. You just have to find it. When I was younger, I felt the same way. I was overweight, always picked last in gym, had mediocre parents, and I never thought I’d have a girlfriend. I had very little motivation to do good in school.

But you wait long enough and life presents you with endless opportunities. I have a great wife, great kids, and I have a good (albeit boring) career that allows me to travel to Disney and other places I only dreamed of going when I was a kid. Best of all, I get the chance to be a better parent than mine were.

You’ll find your path in life. Yes, Splash Mountain is gone. I hate it, too. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be an Imagineer. If it’s your calling, then go and imagine an even greater ride than Splash Mountain. I’ll be waiting!

Brer Oswald

You'll do awesome - anywhere you end up!

I am a former cast member myself - worked in Guest Services. I adored my time at Disney but that was 20+ years ago. Times have changed. Companies change too (as we've seen).

Indeed, you don't have to work for Disney. You may find your heart takes you to another company you never even though of or considered!

I know that you'll succeed wherever you end up.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom