Fox properties missing on Disney+

RebelScum514

Original Poster
I’m not a legal expert and I’m not sure what percentage of rights Fox had to these properties prior to Disney nor do I know what rights Disney hold on these properties right now.

With that being said I’ve noticed a few movies not on Disney+ that follow Disney no rated R guide lines and are certain to be bombs.

1. The Greatest Showman
I think Fox must of funded most of these movie thus it goes to stand that Disney has a decent amount of rights towards the property.

2.X-men Series (excluding Logan due to rating)
Same as number 1

3. Boss Baby
I know that the majority of this property’s rights are either help by Dream Works or Netflix however Fox was apart of that project as well thus Disney must have some rights to the movie (though probably not enough to put on Disney+)

Princess Leia

I’m not a legal expert and I’m not sure what percentage of rights Fox had to these properties prior to Disney nor do I know what rights Disney hold on these properties right now.

With that being said I’ve noticed a few movies not on Disney+ that follow Disney no rated R guide lines and are certain to be bombs.

1. The Greatest Showman
I think Fox must of funded most of these movie thus it goes to stand that Disney has a decent amount of rights towards the property.

2.X-men Series (excluding Logan due to rating)
Same as number 1

3. Boss Baby
I know that the majority of this property’s rights are either help by Dream Works or Netflix however Fox was apart of that project as well thus Disney must have some rights to the movie (though probably not enough to put on Disney+)
I think it depends on current streaming rights. I have no idea who has the Showman and XMen rights, but they’ll eventually make their way over to Disney+. The R-rated films will go to Hulu though. Boss Baby is on Netflix, and Netflix created a kids tv show around it. I feel like that one will stay on Netflix.

Eventually, Disney+ is going to need to create a sixth box on the home page for former Fox films (like Sound of Music).

RebelScum514

Original Poster
I think it depends on current streaming rights. I have no idea who has the Showman and XMen rights, but they’ll eventually make their way over to Disney+. The R-rated films will go to Hulu though. Boss Baby is on Netflix, and Netflix created a kids tv show around it. I feel like that one will stay on Netflix.

Eventually, Disney+ is going to need to create a sixth box on the home page for former Fox films (like Sound of Music).
From what I’ve found Showman has no home and X-men is currently on AMC.

TheDuke

I was hoping older Fox classics would be on there when I did my trial but it was mainly just Disney with a few really big Fox movies like Sound of Music and Avatar

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Boss Baby was for sure on Disney+ a couple months ago. We watched it a few times. Also Dan in Real Life and other Touchstone movies were there, but are no longer there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom