Will Club Level change?

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I almost posted this in dining but I think it’s more a resort related issue.

The biggest draw of staying club level is for the lounge and food. Do we think Disney will continue to offer food, the way they do now at least, with club level stays? With most other things changing, and the lounge food essentially being a buffet, would Disney leave it the way it is now? I’m not sure that the other amenities would be enough to convince guests to book CL.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Short term there may be changes. Long term there may be changes in how they package or display food. Long term permanent changes such as never offering that type of amenity again just because of the virus that will likely be something as common as the flu in years to come, not likely.

durangojim

I don’t see how it can’t change. Depending on the resort there’s not that much space in the lounges, especially during meal times. I’m not sure how it is possible to distance effectively and yet not make people upset that they can’t take advantage of an up charge they paid for... unless they open some other temporary lounge locations in the resorts.

Pangyal

About two weeks ago, before the opening announcement, they pulled all inventory of club level rooms from the website until the end of the year. There is speculation that they are not going to offer CL at all for the time being, as well as speculation that they pulled the rooms in order to control the numbers, and many other thoughts going around. We have four CL bookings to the end of 2020 and no matter where I have tried to get an update (DVC Member Services, Guest Services, etc.), the CMs have had no clue.

i would imagine that they would have to ensure that CMs serve the food and that there is no crowding (for example, around the coffee machines). I really hope that they run it, but I’m losing hope by the day.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
About two weeks ago, before the opening announcement, they pulled all inventory of club level rooms from the website until the end of the year. There is speculation that they are not going to offer CL at all for the time being, as well as speculation that they pulled the rooms in order to control the numbers, and many other thoughts going around. We have four CL bookings to the end of 2020 and no matter where I have tried to get an update (DVC Member Services, Guest Services, etc.), the CMs have had no clue.

i would imagine that they would have to ensure that CMs serve the food and that there is no crowding (for example, around the coffee machines). I really hope that they run it, but I’m losing hope by the day.
That’s odd, I was able to book club level over the phone (for 2021) around that time.

Maybe they could offer the same type of food/beverages, but instead of in the lounge, possibly they deliver to your room? I wouldn't mind this, maybe they allow 2 room service deliveries a day or something of that sort.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Maybe they could offer the same type of food/beverages, but instead of in the lounge, possibly they deliver to your room? I wouldn't mind this, maybe they allow 2 room service deliveries a day or something of that sort.

I would be okay with them having CMs serving you cafeteria style, instead of guests hands all over everything. I feel like the room delivery would cut down on the amount of food people would eat and they would utilize the offerings less, making club level not worth it.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Club level is too profitable for them to cut, but the changes may make indistinguishable from a standard room. Short term with regards to the lounge, seating options will be cut or eliminated and food options are shifted away from self serve options to prepackaged beverages and foods. Booze and coffee will be served to you via a CM. Your in room experience will include less or no house keeping, no turndown service. You will still have access to signature services, but since FP+ has been suspended, I'm not sure what qualifying perk you will get.

Since it's clear WDW is not dropping prices (yet) and haven't announced any promos, it's really not worth it for what you will be getting. (Of course there are still a lot who don't know or don't care about getting ripped off by Disney)

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Club level is too profitable for them to cut, but the changes may make indistinguishable from a standard room. Short term with regards to the lounge, seating options will be cut or eliminated and food options are shifted away from self serve options to prepackaged beverages and foods. Booze and coffee will be served to you via a CM. Your in room experience will include less or no house keeping, no turndown service. You will still have access to signature services, but since FP+ has been suspended, I'm not sure what qualifying perk you will get.

Since it's clear WDW is not dropping prices (yet) and haven't announced any promos, it's really not worth it for what you will be getting. (Of course there are still a lot who don't know or don't care about getting ripped off by Disney)

I wonder how “short term” the changes will be.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
When it comes to things like this that generate a lot of money for them, not very long at all.

So true. We are going 9/2021. My husband is convinced they will still have a lot of the restrictions then, I explained to him no way will they have no parades/fireworks/etc when it’s the 50th anniversary. Too much money to make. So, I totally agree with what you just said.

MickeyLuv'r

Each lounge is slightly different. Off the top, all serve items like canned soda, and the Universal CL's regularly serve packaged snacks, like chips and granola bars. I've even seen that periodically at the WDW CL's. And even prior to this WDW CM's sometimes served foods.

Maybe for items like cake, they just need package cake slices into the kind of clear boxes they use in the food courts.

Other lounges, like WL, would have space challenges. It may be that those lounges don't open, or maybe they'd be able to do something like set up coffee stations in the hall outside the lounge.

A few times, when hotels were renovating their lounges, the hotels temporarily moved the lounge location to one of the hotel banquet rooms. Many WDW deluxe hotels have big banquet rooms for weddings and corporate events.

A third possibility, is, as someone suggested, they could possibly provide room delivery. Every room has a fridge, so maybe they just give you a menu card, and you check off all the drinks and snacks you want delivered to your room. Maybe they stock your fridge with drinks, and lay out a buffet of chips/gummies, and all the other non-perishable snacks you request. I'm pretty sure WDW already did this for celebrities and the like. Someone like Oprah would get mobbed if she entered a CL lounge.

Another possible option, would be for WDW to do what other hotel chains do: give people the option of a restaurant voucher, especially for breakfast, with maybe some limits -like only the 'continental breakfast' part of the menu is included. If you want eggs, you just pay a small udgrade fee.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Disney just updated the WDW website with further reopening details. There is one single line that says “club level service will be temporarily unavailable” (off the top of my head.) Anyone know what they mean by that?

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Seems self-explanatory. What is it you're asking?
It could not be farther than self explanatory, obviously or I wouldn’t have asked. It was a single line under information about resorts/checkins in and said nothing else. So I’m wondering if anyone has any idea but what they mean by “club level service” since they didn’t say “club level amenities.”

note2001

It could not be farther than self explanatory, obviously or I wouldn’t have asked. It was a single line under information about resorts/checkins in and said nothing else. So I’m wondering if anyone has any idea but what they mean by “club level service” since they didn’t say “club level amenities.”
Club level services are cancelled. People with Club level room reservations are being dropped to lower levels with the difference in price credited. We don't know anything beyond that.

nickys

Premium Member
Club Level services means Club Level period. They have stopped it for now.

Tony the Tigger

My solution would simply be to offer a limited room service menu. They’ll already deliver alcohol to your CL room anytime. (So I’ve...heard...😬)

Then if some want to bring it out to a common area and there’s room, they can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom