News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think it still depends on what attractions are open. On a normal day (and especially an after hours party) people are doing meet and greets and watching night shows or fireworks or parades. People eating attractions like large shows could also be on hold. When you take all that away plus limit dining and shopping capacity a lot of people who would not be in line for rides on a normal day could be. That could level out some of the gains from lower capacity. The 15,000 number probably won’t last long either. They will ramp that up as fast as they can. I think for Shanghai they said they were hoping to ramp up a few thousand extra people a week. Not trying to pee in anyone’s Cheerios, but there’s no guarantee that the low capacity results in some utopian theme park experience where everything is a walk on all day. Especially not at a park like DHS where there won’t be a whole lot of things to do compared to MK.

ToTBellHop

Yes...

It was along time ago when the aggregate attendance was about 10,000,000 a year less.

And has anyone been when they shut venues/food/shows down and have “lengthened out” the normal queues without fastpass? Or al virtual queues?

A lot of unknown here.
They have chosen low enough capacities to avoid images of “PACKED PARKS!“

They can’t have that.

mickeymiss

I think it still depends on what attractions are open. On a normal day (and especially an after hours party) people are doing meet and greets and watching night shows or fireworks or parades. People eating attractions like large shows could also be on hold. When you take all that away plus limit dining and shopping capacity a lot of people who would not be in line for rides on a normal day could be. That could level out some of the gains from lower capacity. The 15,000 number probably won’t last long either. They will ramp that up as fast as they can. I think for Shanghai they said they were hoping to ramp up a few thousand extra people a week. Not trying to pee in anyone’s Cheerios, but there’s no guarantee that the low capacity results in some utopian theme park experience where everything is a walk on all day. Especially not at a park like DHS where there won’t be a whole lot of things to do compared to MK.

They'll have to figure something out if they take fast passes out of the equation. Won't they?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They have chosen low enough capacities to avoid images of “PACKED PARKS!“

They can’t have that.
I actually think they don’t want to open at all and have unveiled an “active deterrence” policy. The case can be made.

And I doubt they’re looking for walkons. They’ve been trying to squeeze every cent out of wdw labor since 1994 (that date mean anything to anyone?)...I doubt that’s going to completely reverse now.

I don’t see walk ons...no chance they don’t lose money

hopemax

Yes...

It was along time ago when the aggregate attendance was about 10,000,000 a year less.

And has anyone been when they shut venues/food/shows down and have “lengthened out” the normal queues without fastpass? Or all virtual queues?

A lot of unknown here.
I remember post 9/11 when they were running only 3 boats in Living with the Land and later, in DCA, running California Screamin with only 2-3 trains. Disney has made it an "art" to play with ride capacity / queue levels. So I will be eager to see when they open, if they are operating at capacity levels to minimize queue times, or if they continue to play games, and there will be long, stretched out, socially distanced queues that still take 30 minutes.

RaveOnEd

Looks like FP+ are suspended for a while.

Kind of bummed that the free dining plan we got as incentive to move our booking from May to August is now cancelled, but we can work with that one. As long as our reservation at Art of Animation is still good in August, we'll be able to do our dining fine. We also purchased tickets as part of the reservation, but weren't due to make FP choices until June 10. Hoping we'll be contacted for making park reservations for each day we're there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Kind of bummed that the free dining plan we got as incentive to move our booking from May to August is now cancelled, but we can work with that one. As long as our reservation at Art of Animation is still good in August, we'll be able to do our dining fine. We also purchased tickets as part of the reservation, but weren't due to make FP choices until June 10. Hoping we'll be contacted for making park reservations for each day we're there.
It sounds like mostly everything will be 60 days out. So I assume they let you reserve your park each day and then once that’s done it opens you to book ADRs in that park. It sounds from that release there won’t be FP selections to make unless they bring it back by August. It says it’s suspended to use the extra queue space so I don’t think it’s coming back real soon. Who knows.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Down goes 180 day dining window. 60 days make much more sense.

Also, club level, congrats on your newest benefit, a 90 day booking window ahead of other guests at 60 days. (Speculation).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
FP+ will probably come back at some point. EMH...? :oops:
EMHs come back as soon as park reservations go away. They need some incentive to stay on property. Right now it’s going to be priority to reserve your park in advance of someone off property. Once that’s gone EMHs might be back. Not sure on FP+. It for sure will be back just not sure how long the social distancing queues last.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom