News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

PeoplemoverTTA

I would hope other guest wouldn’t be that obnoxious. Most people are helpful when they see someone in distress.

Two summers ago, my nephew (who was 5 at the time)had the day catch up to him and threw up on a POP bus. And it was packed! I was back at the hotel already, but my sister told me people were so kind, offering her paper towels to clean him up, hand sanitizer, etc. Even I was surprised at that - I can’t think of a worse place for that to happen.

Hopefully, that level of kindness and “we’re all in this together” feeling you get from other families traveling to WDW extends to the current situation!

ElvisMickey

I feel like the governor approved universals plan almost immediately. It’s a little weird that we haven’t heard anything from him about this yet.

No. He was busy with other things today. Trump arrived in Florida for a potential, historic astronaut launch at the Kennedy Space Center. He was entertaining him. Disney can wait.

davis_unoxx

I’m pro masks but I won’t go to Disney again until I can go without one... I’m an AP holder and I’m hoping I can still get a refund on it, and will just bank my 2020 DVC points. I just can’t imagine it won’t be super miserable - wearing the mask and the people. I’m a banker and we are “essential” so through all of this we have been open and we can’t even get all customers to wear a mask for the 5 minutes their conducting a transaction within our branches. Lots of yelling about it’s not the law, it’s their right, blah blah blah. I don’t disagree but it’s our policy. Now times that by 1000s a day and oh my, those poor cast members.

I haven’t seen an age on the masks, how would I ever get my three year old to keep hers on all day in the park? Or even while waiting for her meal at a restaurant? Three year olds are willful, y’all.

I don’t know if this was the right or wrong move but I can’t help but to wonder why they couldn’t just go the route if the MLB and fly balls. Back of the ticket says, you might be smoked by a line drive and we aren’t responsible. Why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?
I agree! I’m also pro mask but I don’t see how people think it’s worth it to put up with all this and still go ! I’m from Boston but I personally recommend visiting Ocracoke island in North Carolina! Beautiful town with no chain restaurants or stores, beach that is 20 miles long so easily to socially distance on! Really to everyone I recommended traveling to more locally owned places around the country! Disney can survive this pandemic, many small businesses can not. Visit Disney when it’s more back to normal!

Walt_Disney

Ok first off I’m one of the biggest advocates for Disney (But yes they do make mistakes and I’ll admit when something is done wrong) I also own a rather decent amount of stock. So I’ll also be voicing my opinion to them directly. But I’d like to vent on here and also perhaps draw attention to them in a mass group of us.

- Why are they charging the regular rates when park hours are cut, no entertainment such as parades and fireworks and I’m guessing shows also.
- Forcing the guests to wear masks. (Yes I know they help but in this case it should be up to the individual, if they don’t feel safe being around others without masks then stay home)
- it will totally ruin the Disney magic of having cast members separated by plexiglass and also wearing masks.
- I could go on and on but most my points have been made.
- So I propose we fight back and send Disney as many messages as we can telling them how we don’t like their new rules and to put things back to normal.

ImperfectPixie

- So I propose we fight back and send Disney as many messages as we can telling them how we don’t like their new rules and to put things back to normal.
They can't operate normally because then they'd become the epicenter of another hot-spot...major bad PR for them.

As much as we all want things back to normal, the virus is here for the foreseeable future. Wanting "normal" will not make the virus go away.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ok first off I’m one of the biggest advocates for Disney (But yes they do make mistakes and I’ll admit when something is done wrong) I also own a rather decent amount of stock. So I’ll also be voicing my opinion to them directly. But I’d like to vent on here and also perhaps draw attention to them in a mass group of us.

- Why are they charging the regular rates when park hours are cut, no entertainment such as parades and fireworks and I’m guessing shows also.
- Forcing the guests to wear masks. (Yes I know they help but in this case it should be up to the individual, if they don’t feel safe being around others without masks then stay home)
- it will totally ruin the Disney magic of having cast members separated by plexiglass and also wearing masks.
I don’t think anything here is “revolt worthy” other than the lack of value due to restrictions and the costs.

All the “distancing” stuff is the new normal.

“Magic” was a business plan...if that plan doesn’t work then it’s time to move on.

But I do think masks aren’t the way to go.

Last edited:

disneygeek90

As for the rates... the demand will likely still far exceed the capacity. Lowering rates won't do anything to help and would exacerbate the issue.

Unfortunately not even Disney magic can stop a pandemic. As much as people love the magical feeling Disney provides this is a real world situation that requires a real world reaction, plexiglass and all.

PolynesianPrincess

We're going in Sept and had debating switching resorts but I went online to check and no resort is showing any availability whatsoever for any dates in the near future. Must be doing this to help reduce capacity? Seems like if you were planning a trip for the fall and didn't book your resort or package yet, then you're out of luck!

PrincessLaur

We're going in Sept and had debating switching resorts but I went online to check and no resort is showing any availability whatsoever for any dates in the near future. Must be doing this to help reduce capacity? Seems like if you were planning a trip for the fall and didn't book your resort or package yet, then you're out of luck!

I would just wait a few days, when people hear about masks and reduced entertainment, they’ll cancel and thing will open up. Most of us here are regular Disney-ers and we aren’t as fazed but folks going on their one in a life time Disney trip don’t want to do it in less than ideal conditions.

Bob Harlem

I would just wait a few days, when people hear about masks and reduced entertainment, they’ll cancel and thing will open up. Most of us here are regular Disney-ers and we aren’t as fazed but folks going on their one in a life time Disney trip don’t want to do it in less than ideal conditions.

Capacity is going to be an issue, it'll be old hat at Universal/Sea World by the time WDW opens, so by then they may have their capacity up, so I'd suspect Disney starts low and watches the other parks in order to guage how they will do. First few days are going to be solid though, either way. (And forget trying to go to Universal or SeaWorld on July 4th week)

Clamman73

I was just checking my dates in November...there seems to be something amiss with theIr system cause it‘s not showing anything for anywhere....even with changing dates and resorts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Children bodies heat up faster and they aren’t able to get rid of heat as quickly. I fear there will be some heat related incidents. Parents need to be diligent about keeping an eye on your kids for symptoms if you’re going during this time period.
I also don’t think CM’s are going to reprimand someone if they are obviously overheated. I would hope other guest wouldn’t be that obnoxious. Most people are helpful when they see someone in distress.
I would like to think people won’t be obnoxious if it’s a kid but even adults can have issues in the heat. I also didn’t like that they mentioned turning water features off. People will need more places to cool off not less. Especially if you can’t always get into a store with AC depending on if the store is at capacity and there’s a line.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m pro masks but I won’t go to Disney again until I can go without one... I’m an AP holder and I’m hoping I can still get a refund on it, and will just bank my 2020 DVC points. I just can’t imagine it won’t be super miserable - wearing the mask and the people. I’m a banker and we are “essential” so through all of this we have been open and we can’t even get all customers to wear a mask for the 5 minutes their conducting a transaction within our branches. Lots of yelling about it’s not the law, it’s their right, blah blah blah. I don’t disagree but it’s our policy. Now times that by 1000s a day and oh my, those poor cast members.

I haven’t seen an age on the masks, how would I ever get my three year old to keep hers on all day in the park? Or even while waiting for her meal at a restaurant? Three year olds are willful, y’all.

I don’t know if this was the right or wrong move but I can’t help but to wonder why they couldn’t just go the route if the MLB and fly balls. Back of the ticket says, you might be smoked by a line drive and we aren’t responsible. Why can’t Disney say “enter at your own risk, we aren’t responsible beyond these reasonable precautions we have taken (sanitizing, marking 6 foot distances, etc)”?
Masks are required for all kids 3 and over.

As far as the mask rule the only way they were getting out of that is waiting longer to open. All the major players are opening with mask rules in June. Only more local attractions are not.

ToTBellHop

They are not allowing new bookings. Said so today.

Pools are intended to open at resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom