Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

The No's are taking the lead on the poll.

I totally understand. Before COVID it was stressful enough to plan a WDW vacation, and especially for the returning guest, there were expectations based on their previous visits.

The post COVID experience at WDW will probably take a couple of years resemble what we experienced prior to March 2020 at WDW. I do believe in a couple of years, the MASKS will be gone and the MOBS will be back at WDW. #MOBSnotMASKS :)

I suspect some locals and die-hards will visit when WDW opens in the initial phases.
On the Bright Side.... WDW must open at 50% (or lower) capacity....
The SURVEY SAYS - they have achieved this goal :). We're going, totally masked :).

Incomudro

Speak to your surgeon again. I wear a mask to protect YOU in case I may have something. It is not meant to keep you from catching something as long as you are wearing one. I found the perfect analogy to explain this (and forgive me if it seems a bit much).

If you and another person are not wearing pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get really wet.
If you put on pants and they pee on your leg then you're going to get a little wet.
If you BOTH put on pants and they try to pee on your leg then you're probably not going to get wet at all.

THAT is why you wear a mask. To help prevent OTHERS from getting anything you may have.

What you are referring to is known as "source control."
Source control vs personal protection. Two different ways in which masks are used.
The thing is, the source control aspect of cloth masks - on the people and under the conditions we are putting them in WDW - for the reduction in the transmission of covid 19 is all theoretical.
Not demonstrable.

CaptainAmerica

The No's are taking the lead on the poll.

I totally understand. Before COVID it was stressful enough to plan a WDW vacation, and especially for the returning guest, there were expectations based on their previous visits.

The post COVID experience at WDW will probably take a couple of years resemble what we experienced prior to March 2020 at WDW. I do believe in a couple of years, the MASKS will be gone and the MOBS will be back at WDW. #MOBSnotMASKS :)

I suspect some locals and die-hards will visit when WDW opens in the initial phases.
What's unclear from the phrasing of the question is whether people are saying "no, if masks are still required I won't feel safe being in the parks" versus "no, I feel plenty safe but I don't want to experience the parks in a mask."

celluloid

What's unclear from the phrasing of the question is whether people are saying "no, if masks are still required I won't feel safe being in the parks" versus "no, I feel plenty safe but I don't want to experience the parks in a mask."

This. It is not just a simple as one selfishly not wanting. There will be plenty of Cast Members thinking a place heavily visited and interacted with by people from far even domestically is a scary thought to return to at this time. Guests can say not a good time to go if masks seem important enough to require, than it is not worth the risk.

I know it is partially business situation with production, but I will feel safer at a theater seated away from fellow movie goers or bowling alley with my own lanes than I do heavy trafficed theme park resorts.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also missing is a split of the yes side.
  • Yes I will visit WDW while these health based restrictions are in place and I am willing to follow all of the rules in order to go
  • Yes I will visit WDW while these health based restrictions are in place because I have no intentional of actually following the rules.
Actually brings up a 3rd no category:
  • No because although I would feel comfortable going if all guests are following the rules I don’t believe they actually will which makes me uncomfortable.

Smiley/OCD

We also inject the flu into ourselves to blunt the effects of the flu over time. I see very few people volunteering to inject themselves with COVID-19.
The current (and past) flu vaccines are dead virus...you're not injecting the live virus. I would venture a guess that there are more than enough volunteers to test out the potential new vaccines.

Smiley/OCD

I would add that Disney has always been a germ factory! We always get sick with something respiratory before coming home, usually on the last day of our visit. Sometimes it's fever and chills with respiratory. We have NEVER gone to WDW without at least one of us getting sick before heading home. Our trips are typically 9 to 10 days and therefore, we must to have been exposed at some point after 5 days for it to have developed. (not a doctor just a guess as to the time limit). There is NO way that Disney can keep all these various viruses and illnesses out of WDW; too many people from too many different areas and countries. So we must all have been exposed to multiple viruses/illnesses while at Disney at some point. Just another way to think of it. I always expect to come home sick. We do all the stuff you are supposed to do such as handwashing, sanitizers, washing the doors, sinks, handles, and phone and remote with Clorox based products. That hasn't changed. We avoided handrails, etc, too. With all that we still were exposed to viruses and illnesses. That may be a good thing to build up immunity to those things, as happens with other viruses/illnesses. It's hard telling just what we were exposed to while at Disney on our many many trips the same as everyone else who visits once or multiple times.
I agree with you...I usually come down with some respiratory ailment while we're there or shortly after...but I think the recycled air in the plane coupled with the drastic change in humidity and the change in air pressure while in the plane MIGHT be a contributing factor. NOTE: I'm NOT a doctor, DON'T play one on TV or these boards...lol

Smiley/OCD

There is also another question that has not been brought up yet concerning the temperature screening...I'm not a runner, but when you're out in the extreme heat i.e. standing in line waiting to enter, doesn't a person's temperature normally rise? Wouldn't that create a lot of false positives? I really don't know the answer...just wondering...

natatomic

We do all the stuff you are supposed to do such as handwashing, sanitizers, washing the doors, sinks, handles, and phone and remote with Clorox based products. That hasn't changed. We avoided handrails, etc, too. With all that we still were exposed to viruses and illnesses. That may be a good thing to build up immunity to those things, as happens with other viruses/illnesses. It's hard telling just what we were exposed to while at Disney on our many many trips the same as everyone else who visits once or multiple times.

is it possible you’re overdoing the germ killing? I mean, you gotta expose yourself to SOME germs, and I think hand sanitizer kills all the good bacteria. I know this is just totally anecdotal, so feel free to take this with a HUGE grain of salt, but everyone I know who is constantly sanitizing everything seems to get sick way more often than those who don’t. We wash our hands with soap and water after going to the bathroom and all, but we don’t use sanitizer unless there no other option, we don’t use bleach wipes for anything, and I don’t think any of us have ever been sick after a vacation - Disney or otherwise. Again, totally anecdotal, and I’m no doctor, so this is all probably worth nothing. 🙃

Disstevefan1

You are right, the question could mean different things to different people. In my mind masks are the least of it, No fireworks, no parades, no indoor theatres, Limited sit down dining (it was hard enough before COVID) , limited park hours, no hard ticket events. no after hours events, you cant even shop like you used to (they will only let a set number of people into the gift shops at once) , now in COVIDland, I will feel strange I went into a gift shop and NOT buy anything because I took time from someone else who wanted to go in and shop. I could go on.

ImperfectPixie

is it possible you’re overdoing the germ killing? I mean, you gotta expose yourself to SOME germs, and I think hand sanitizer kills all the good bacteria. I know this is just totally anecdotal, so feel free to take this with a HUGE grain of salt, but everyone I know who is constantly sanitizing everything seems to get sick way more often than those who don’t. We wash our hands with soap and water after going to the bathroom and all, but we don’t use sanitizer unless there no other option, we don’t use bleach wipes for anything, and I don’t think any of us have ever been sick after a vacation - Disney or otherwise. Again, totally anecdotal, so probably worth nothing. 🙃
We're sort of halfway people...we generally use antibacterial soap in the bathroom (for hand washing) and kitchen (mostly for the same), but we do clean with bleach wipes (mostly bathroom and kitchen stuff) because I live with my husband and our 2 sons, and the three of them are totally gross. Regular soap in the shower. Playing in the dirt encouraged. Since the pandemic started, we do sanitize prior to and after leaving the grocery store (we each keep some in our car), and we wash our hands after everything has been wiped down and put away. Since hubby returned to work last week, he sanitizes when he gets in his car to come home, and washes his hands upon arrival. Other than that, we've not really changed much...but we're not going out much, either.

CaptainAmerica

I would add that Disney has always been a germ factory! We always get sick with something respiratory before coming home, usually on the last day of our visit. Sometimes it's fever and chills with respiratory. We have NEVER gone to WDW without at least one of us getting sick before heading home. Our trips are typically 9 to 10 days and therefore, we must to have been exposed at some point after 5 days for it to have developed. (not a doctor just a guess as to the time limit). There is NO way that Disney can keep all these various viruses and illnesses out of WDW; too many people from too many different areas and countries. So we must all have been exposed to multiple viruses/illnesses while at Disney at some point. Just another way to think of it. I always expect to come home sick. We do all the stuff you are supposed to do such as handwashing, sanitizers, washing the doors, sinks, handles, and phone and remote with Clorox based products. That hasn't changed. We avoided handrails, etc, too. With all that we still were exposed to viruses and illnesses. That may be a good thing to build up immunity to those things, as happens with other viruses/illnesses. It's hard telling just what we were exposed to while at Disney on our many many trips the same as everyone else who visits once or multiple times.
Wait you bring your own bleach products when you go to a hotel? That's diagnosable mysophobia behavior.

G00fyDad

What you are referring to is known as "source control."
Source control vs personal protection. Two different ways in which masks are used.
The thing is, the source control aspect of cloth masks - on the people and under the conditions we are putting them in WDW - for the reduction in the transmission of covid 19 is all theoretical.
Not demonstrable.

Masks work. Period. There is no gray area here. If you choose to deny science then so be it but that does not make your stance reality. I am done arguing with those that choose to keep their head in the sand because admitting the truth would offend their sense of entitlement. We have both said what we needed to say so have a good day. No further response is needed. ;)

Lilofan

You are right, the question could mean different things to different people. In my mind masks are the least of it, No fireworks, no parades, no indoor theatres, Limited sit down dining (it was hard enough before COVID) , limited park hours, no hard ticket events. no after hours events, you cant even shop like you used to (they will only let a set number of people into the gift shops at once) , now in COVIDland, I will feel strange I went into a gift shop and NOT buy anything because I took time from someone else who wanted to go in and shop. I could go on.
It would be interesting if the dressing rooms are going to be open or closed to try on merchandise.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
When a vlogger shows disney isnt enforcing the mask policy
rs_560x300-131127145911-blackfriday2.gif

Obviously everyone seems to be split on the mask/no mask and how comfortable you are with the risk factor. I'm very curious to see where Sweden lands after doing the complete opposite of every other Western country. No lockdown, no social distancing, no masks. They have scientists/biologists etc there who seem to disagree with the way we are handling this. When you do the math, taking into account population, the numbers seem fairly similar. A year or 2 from now, we may truly understand if any of these precautions helped, or just hurt tens of millions that are now out of work.

Jrb1979

Obviously everyone seems to be split on the mask/no mask and how comfortable you are with the risk factor. I'm very curious to see where Sweden lands after doing the complete opposite of every other Western country. No lockdown, no social distancing, no masks. They have scientists/biologists etc there who seem to disagree with the way we are handling this. When you do the math, taking into account population, the numbers seem fairly similar. A year or 2 from now, we may truly understand if any of these precautions helped, or just hurt tens of millions that are now out of work.
Sweden did have social distancing. They didn't shut things down but their population followed the guidelines by staying home when sick and working from home when possible.

Sweden did have social distancing. They didn't shut things down but their population followed the guidelines by staying home when sick and working from home when possible.

The government "sort of" asked for social distancing, which from the reports I have read were not followed at all, but their limit on gatherings were 500 people vs the 2 people in the UK and 5 in some states in the US. Businesses, bars, restaurants all proceeded as normal. Yes most people stayed home when sick, just as they would with any other sickness I guess. I'm just curious to see the outcome in the future, as no one really knows right now. I would just assume the way other governments talk about this virus, with basically no measures in place, there would be huge increases in positive cases and deaths, but we really haven't seen that, as of yet anyway. Only time will tell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom