News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

TrojanUSC

Are you joking? Georgia, Florida, Texas, Idaho are doing just fine...

Yep absolutely just fine. 🙄

robhedin

For what it's worth, Georgia seems to be continuing to trend downward (both in terms of new cases and deaths) since opening up three weeks ago: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

DCBaker

Premium Member
One tidbit I missed -

"We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Cast Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Disney Springs.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By visiting Disney Springs you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Let's keep each other healthy and safe."

Unbanshee

One tidbit I missed -

"We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other Guests, and Cast Members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Disney Springs.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.

By visiting Disney Springs you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Let's keep each other healthy and safe."

I, too, follow Blog Mickey on Twitter ;)

TXRob

“The reason for the difference in the daily death tallies appeared to be a lag in the tabulations by the Texas Department of State Health Services, which finally reflected El Paso deaths from earlier in the week in the numbers it officially reported Thursday.”
Left this out bud

peter11435

So walking around outside, you have to wear a mask. But inside at a restaurant where there is much more of a risk you don’t need a mask?

I’m not trying to stir up the mask debate... I’m just not sure I understand the reasoning at all.
It’s kinda hard to eat through a mask.

ThatMouse

So walking around outside, you have to wear a mask. But inside at a restaurant where there is much more of a risk you don’t need a mask?

I’m not trying to stir up the mask debate... I’m just not sure I understand the reasoning at all.

Ya that's assuming half the people even follow that rule. People will have to lower their masks to spit out their orders and yell at their kids. I would do some sort of take out and eat outside away from people, but the Gestapo will probably see me and stop me.

peter11435

Ya that's assuming half the people even follow that rule. People will have to lower their masks to spit out their orders and yell at their kids. I would do some sort of take out and eat outside away from people, but the Gestapo will probably see me and stop me.
You don’t need to remove your mask to talk. You can order and yell at your kids all you want through your mask.

TrainsOfDisney

I would do some sort of take out and eat outside away from people, but the Gestapo will probably see me and stop me.

I live a couple states away so it’s just an “imaginary visit” but same here. I would be willing to get polite pig and a tea from Joffrey’s and find a nice bench along the water. I’m not comfortable eating in a sit down restaurant right now after the reports I've read about others being infected in restaurants. Spread out patio seating maybe...

Giss Neric

Again, masks are to protect others from inhaling droplets through sneeze or cough. It's not necessarily you being the most protected although it does too. That is why they are required outside cause it's outside. Inside a restaurant, what is more important is to clean your hands cause you are touching surfaces although I'm sure the staff there are cleaning it non-stop but for added safety wash and sanitize your hands still. The tables are not close to each other so your party has distance from other parties.

Why does masks need deep reasoning and rationale. Their purpose is solely to protect. That's it. No need to divulge into details.

Just cause people are not wearing masks or social distancing, it doesn't mean you should follow. It just means that you low key just don't wanna wear it too.

TrainsOfDisney

Again, masks are to protect others from inhaling droplets through sneeze or cough. It's not necessarily you being the most protected although it does too. That is why they are required outside cause it's outside. Inside a restaurant, what is more important is to clean your hands cause you are touching surfaces although I'm sure the staff there are cleaning it non-stop but for added safety wash and sanitize your hands still. The tables are not close to each other so your party has distance from other parties.

Why does masks need deep reasoning and rationale. Their purpose is solely to protect. That's it. No need to divulge into details.

Just cause people are not wearing masks or social distancing, it doesn't mean you should follow. It just means that you low key just don't wanna wear it too.

Sorry... I wasn’t debating masks in general.

I also suggest you look into the science a bit more, my understanding (and I’m not an expert at all! So please study yourself) is that you are much more at risk seated indoors in restaurant than anywhere outside.

That was my point. You can go inside a restaurant and take your mask off, in a high risk location. But you can’t walk around outside without a mask in a low risk location.

Giss Neric

Quite questionable how effective they are and they are a huge inconvenience to society as well as money.
They are only a huge inconvenience to this country. You don't hear people complaining on the other side of the world. My cousin who is in Southeast Asia, they are enforcing that you should wear a mask once you step outside your house. Establishments like groceries, restaurants, stores will not even let you in if you are not wearing one. Money is not an inconvenience if even the poor has access to it. It doesn't have to be those N95 masks healthcare workers wear. You can literally makes your own masks. There are hundreds of videos in YouTube on how to make your own mask.

Giss Neric

Sorry... I wasn’t debating masks in general.

I also suggest you look into the science a bit more, my understanding (and I’m not an expert at all! So please study yourself) is that you are much more at risk seated indoors in restaurant than anywhere outside.

That was my point. You can go inside a restaurant and take your mask off, in a high risk location. But you can’t walk around outside without a mask in a low risk location.
Inside a restaurant, you are basically in one place the entire time, you are not roaming around the restaurant so you're not really in direct contact with others aside from your party or the server who is wearing masks and sometimes gloves. Now, outside you are more exposed to different people, going to different places, touching way more surfaces.

TrainsOfDisney

Inside a restaurant, you are basically in one place the entire time, you are not roaming around the restaurant so you're not really in direct contact with others aside from your party or the server who is wearing masks and sometimes gloves. Now, outside you are more exposed to different people, going to different places, touching way more surfaces.

This is exactly the opposite of what I have read.

In a restaurant you are inside with air circulating with other guests for an extended amount of time.

All outdoor activities have a lower risk.

I 100% think masks should be required in retail shops. I think indoor dining rooms should be fully closed.

Giss Neric

This is exactly the opposite of what I have read.
This is why you need to stop reading news, watching news and listening to news everyday. You have different information coming from different sources and you will likely believe one and disregard the others.

If you are healthy and well then the least you could do is just apply safety precautions. Wash your hands, take a shower before leaving your home and when you arrive home from being outside, wipe all stuff that is entering your home like groceries, deliveries etc. When outside, just practice social distancing and wear a mask. Is that really that hard to do?

Rider

In the meantime OS reports that most people are following the rules at City Walk and those who are asked by team members to put their mask on comply without making a scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom