News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

TrainsOfDisney

While I do not care much for the blogger culture, I will at least be grateful for plentiful coverage of this event, since it will allow us to see how much of a success or failure a possible opening may be.

The bloggers also help by keeping Disney standards in check... tourists use those bloggers for advice on trip planning and watch the videos etc.

All the “don’t stand here” signs in the photos from Shanghai look so intense. If Disney needs to go to those levels, it’s not time to open a theme park imho. However, as long as people know what they are getting into, might as well open up the gates.

Surferboy567

I asked this before but it got buried.

Since Disneyland is starting construction back up...are we expecting Disney World to do the same? They could get a lot done as the park is closed.

With the opening of Disney Springs...they feel confident to open retail. I don’t think the (domestic) parks will open anytime soon.

techgeek

With the opening of Disney Springs...they feel confident to open retail. I don’t think the (domestic) parks will open anytime soon.

I think it's telling that Disney owned locations at the Springs, including World of Disney, are specifically not opening with the area. They are counting on letting the 3rd parties guinea pig the details for a bit before taking specific risks, like food service, on themselves.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I think it's telling that Disney owned locations at the Springs, including World of Disney, are specifically not opening with the area. They are counting on letting the 3rd parties guinea pig the details for a bit before taking specific risks, like food service, on themselves.
And if guests get infected, it would look like they would sue the third party companies instead of Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There are some labor complications around that, and the fact that the operating participants are desperate to restart their businesses.

eliza61nyc

Lol sue for what??
Lol when has that ever been a requirement for the US, the "sue happiest" place on the planet. Some one will find a skeezy lawyer to say that they thought the magic in Magic kingdom meant it magically prevented people from contracting covid and Disney did not make it clear.

DisneyOutsider

Why watch a video when you are giving them money?
That's an odd way to look at it.

If it's content that @SteamboatStitch is interested in, then they should watch it. It doesn't cost him/her a dime to watch and obviously they're providing content that there is plenty of demand for. Why do you care how they get paid?

What makes you the gatekeeper of what people like to watch and what people get paid to do?

The kids call that "pocket-watching" and it's not a flattering trait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom