Question about the limited crowds

ELG13

Are they still taking regular resort reservations even though the parks will be at limited capacity for a while? Just wondering how that all works really. I would imagine (but have no clue) that they could easily exceed the limited capacity numbers just with resort bookings alone. So I guess I'm curious how it gets decided who gets in the parks and who doesn't if they are taking normal capacity resort bookings. Is it just first come first serve? They only sell so many tickets and packages and what about the passholders? I'm just wondering how it will all work when it opens.We hope to go next May and maybe by then this will all be over...but if not I'm curious as to how they will organize it all.

I have wondered the same thing! There would have to be some sort of 'pecking order' (i.e. on site vs off), I would think. But then what about APs? Or locals? This will be tricky...

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

While they are taking resort reservations for July 1 and later, we don't know at what capacity they are filling each resort.

Currently they are sending out emails canceling specific guest reservations, I don't know if anyone has seen a pattern to those yet. The last batch was for May 24-30 (or 31).

Only Disney potentially knows what type of strategy they will use once park(s) open.

Upvote 0

MissViv

They have stopped taking resort reservations for June (probably because they have reached their limit) and they may not open in June at all. Passholders have to let them know which days they are going to attend. Not sure how they are going to do park hoppers. I would think they would not have park hopper tickets at first because they cannot control the crowds that way or if you leave a park and try to enter another it could be at capacity so no entrance.

There is a big difference in opening WDW compared to Shanghai because of the multiple parks. Lots to consider but if you are not coming until next year, it should all be figured out by then. The virus could still be around if no vaccine is available.

Upvote 0

MissViv

Resort reservations will have first priority, I believe, and locals will only be able to attend with advance tickets or reservations. They said Shanghai was already sold out up until some time in June. No longer will you be able to just show up and buy a ticket or use your AP.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

They have stopped taking resort reservations for June (probably because they have reached their limit) and they may not open in June at all. Passholders have to let them know which days they are going to attend. Not sure how they are going to do park hoppers. I would think they would not have park hopper tickets at first because they cannot control the crowds that way or if you leave a park and try to enter another it could be at capacity so no entrance.

There is a big difference in opening WDW compared to Shanghai because of the multiple parks. Lots to consider but if you are not coming until next year, it should all be figured out by then. The virus could still be around if no vaccine is available.
Resort reservations will have first priority, I believe, and locals will only be able to attend with advance tickets or reservations. They said Shanghai was already sold out up until some time in June. No longer will you be able to just show up and buy a ticket or use your AP.
That is one set of theories; other theories put locals and AP's first, no resort reservations.

Time will tell!

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Ok all of this makes sense. And not knowing at what capacity they are booking the hotels I guess is the variable here. I can't imagine it's just a wide open booking. We just got APs but we won't be able to activate them until next year now (should be in Disney this week . We always stay on property so I wonder if I should call and book the room now? We usually book once promos are released but...

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My guess is they are capping resort reservation as they see fit and maybe they will only let guests int he parks that booked a package so they could anticipate and cap park entries.
But remember 50% capacity is dang near close to an average day so they probably don't have to turn many away if they are going to pen at 50% capacity. I wish they would open at 50% of an average day.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Its still a totally unknown territory. The probability is high that they will cap off the number of reservations because they cant accept a guest package/stay and then say sorry you cant get in. When they reach capacity for holidays they phase closures and those in resorts get in before walk ins. I imagine they could also worst case scenario probably say as an example, your stay allows this day for that park and stagger guests on site that way. AP's and locals may have certain days of a week also allotted.
So much will also be determined by how heavily or lightly they can staff the parks to operate properly and safely.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom