Iger and Chapek Livid With Lucasfilm

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shhh... you'll get a salty penguin telling you everything's just fine.
Anecdotal...

What I was going for was it’s obvious Favreau and/or Filoni are being vetted for a larger role. And that was part of the point of the documentary....

And the 5 directors are also being vetted - it seemed was the whole point of this episode - to be showeunner on new projects or - low and behold - directors of feature films.

Hmmm...

And I have to admit...it took me awhile to figure out Chow wasn’t Ming Na...she looks like her sister😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Remember the article that said there would be a Star Wars movie a year for the rest of your life? That escalated quickly
The strategy did fail...steep decline in box office and an unconscionable flop tells the tale
She's still not fired.
Indeed.

Do you think she’s perhaps a lame duck...errr...penguin??

Not possible? She has been almost completely muzzled for 2.5 years. Wasn’t hard do find an interview with her the 3 years prior...just saying.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Do you think she’s perhaps a lame duck...errr...penguin??

I'd say 50/50.

If Alan Horn can stay on top of Disney Studios in which most of their movies that aren't sequels or live-action remakes fail in the theatrical window, then why would a studio head doing marginally better (financially in the theatrical window) be fired?

Next year is the end of her contract and she's of retirement age. It's up to Filoni or Favreau or one of the other current SW directors/producers to show they'd be a better studio head than KK to have the Bobs make a switch. She can always be 'promoted' up to the Disney Board. Her resume is still outstanding despite some of the SW missteps.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Anecdotal...

What I was going for was it’s obvious Favreau and/or Filoni are being vetted for a larger role. And that was part of the point of the documentary....

And the 5 directors are also being vetted - it seemed was the whole point of this episode - to be showeunner on new projects or - low and behold - directors of feature films.

Hmmm...

And I have to admit...it took me awhile to figure out Chow wasn’t Ming Na...she looks like her sister😂

I'd say you're on the right track.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd say 50/50.

If Alan Horn can stay on top of Disney Studios in which most of their movies that aren't sequels or live-action remakes fail in the theatrical window, then why would a studio head doing marginally better (financially in the theatrical window) be fired?

Next year is the end of her contract and she's of retirement age. It's up to Filoni or Favreau or one of the other current SW directors/producers to show they'd be a better studio head than KK to have the Bobs make a switch. She can always be 'promoted' up to the Disney Board. Her resume is still outstanding despite some of the SW missteps.
I could see a huge re-organization of a lot of their studios coming.

Anyway...watch the Favreau show on D+...it’s almost shocking how much of an afterthought the “head of Star Wars” is treated by the “creatives” at Star Wars.
I'd say you're on the right track.
Maybe the margarita was providing clarity?...but it was super obvious to me...

Nobody else saw that? 🤔

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And a bearded bespectacled dude with a huge angry chip on his flabby shoulder who works with the story group
Maybe THIS bearded, bespectacled dude...
1588873083469.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No hes not that dude. My god think. George is a hero to me. Pablo Hidalgo fan hater lore killer extraordinaire
Well, if anyone has a right to be angry with the people who bought his franchise from him...
Again...I implore everyone to watch the Mandalorian behind the scenes docu...

George is in the catbirds seat right now...they practically are signaling his involvement longterm.

He probably loves Disney and Kennedy...he hasn’t had this amount of street cred with Star Wars fans in exactly 21 years

Mouse Trap

She has been almost completely muzzled for 2.5 years. Wasn’t hard do find an interview with her the 3 years prior...just saying.

She did interviews with Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone and io9 amongst a few others late last year. Far from "muzzled". How often do you see Alan Horn doing interviews -- is his job at risk too according to these "insiders"? I'd say she does as many interviews as any visible executive in the entertainment industry.

Last edited:

Mouse Trap

Sigh... his jobs different. He doesn’t need to be out front. The moment TLJ started smelling the place up she went to ground. Her appearing at Celebration last year was telling. Moment Colbert introduced JJ she ran out on his heels because imho she was afraid of being booed. Its bad for or anymore to have her out front. If there is a civil war going on at LFL you better HOPE Favreau wins. Star Wars can be saved but only if Empress Kathy and her flying monkeys are out. Iger knows this to

There is no civil war happening at LF.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
She did interviews with Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone and io9 amongst a few others late last year. Far from "muzzled". How often do you see Alan Horn doing interviews -- is his job at risk too according to these "insiders"? I'd say she does as many interviews as any visible executive in the entertainment industry.

I've heard them both speak at private engagements and frankly they're not the best at making themselves seem interesting despite controlling some of the most beloved brands of all time.
We all have our opinions...

And mine is that ain’t much. Search for interviews online with her...you won’t find much over the period I listed.

She also still has friends in Hollywood..:which means reporting can be “selective” to highlight fields/downplay enemies.

Do me a favor: link the press release from TWDC last fall that said her contract option was being picked up...should be easy to find.

I will link you the Hollywood reporter article that broke it...ironically written by a contact of Kennedy’s in the press
There is no civil war happening at LF.
Nope...there is a contract exploring in about 15 months

Imagineer45

Lol yeah he’s there because Iger insisted. He doesn’t love the woman who destroyed his vision. Just stop. You see him at the TROS premier? No. Why? He was involved with TROS. JJ showed the execs the rough footage... completely different film than the sewage we got. Execs (Horn pushes by Kennedy) took the movie away from JJ. Again too deep in lore for these ignorant fools. George was ****ed. And from what Pablo tweeted the Reylos would have been more angry. Which suits me just fine. Kennedy has to go. Iger needs to Louis B Mayer up and fire her. Or push her out.

I am not sure how much George hates her given that they have worked on films together since the 1980s and he personally promoted her to co-chair of Lucasfilm back when he had control of the company. She was inherited by Disney from his ownership.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am not sure how much George hates her given that they have worked on films together since the 1980s and he personally promoted her to co-chair of Lucasfilm back when he had control of the company. She was inherited by Disney from his ownership.
We don’t know the truth of this relationship...lots of theories though.

Remember she isn’t lucas’s “Girl”...she’s his best friends...still point taken though.

Iger created some buzz through his inference in his book last year about Kennedy...then some old quotes from disney’s Lead council regarding the lucasfilm buy in 2013 resurfaced.

Interesting details if you look at the signs.

Imagineer45

Welp he likely does. You can defend her and pretend she didn’t intentionally lie to him. But its on video. She lied right to his face. Turned around and did the opposite. BTW Weinstein was popular in HWood to. Think about it

I am not defending her, as I personally do not like the job she has done and think Dave Filoni should take over Lucasfilm. I am simply analyzing the situation given the known facts. I am not sure how Weinstein is relevant at all...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Weinstein was popular supposedly she is. Heres the issue your missing.. He was never well liked. Is she? Why’s Iger keeping her? His legacy and Disney itself are in trouble part of that is this insidious woman whose failed at everything when she doesn’t have a more talented man leading. Shes not creative, or intelligent. She comes off as a vapid harpy. And she either knows stuff or whatever. If I were Iger I’d risk her scorched earth threats and boot her. Period

And she's still not fired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom