News Reopening Walt Disney World - an official statement

Mouse Trap

What kind of refund do Shanghai Disneyland annual passholders get? I'm hoping as WDW passholders we have the option to get more of a refund than just the couple months it was closed.

The official post on this website states AP’s will be extended the length of the reservation period.

TrojanUSC

What has changed from a month ago to now? Why are Disney parks preparing to open now then a month ago? From my knowledge nothing has changed, just public perception that is justified with tons of studies showing that the virus is not as dangerous as initially expected.

They are NOT preparing to open now. Shanghai is because China's containment strategy and contact tracing is lightyears ahead of ours.

Last edited by a moderator:

icc2515

Wow, that press release was the biggest bunch of nothing. How they managed to fill that much space and say absolutely nothing of value was very impressive. My take on the press release was:

You have probably heard Shanghai Disneyland is opening on May 11 don't get yourself all excited and worked up WDW an DL are not. When we do open we will have hand sanitizer, we will clean things that you touch more often, and we will have the social distancing thing. Once again WDW and DL are still and will remain closed until further notice...please don't call.

SpoiledBlueMilk

This completely depends on a) if they're open and b) what their capacity limits are at that time.

Assuming that some here are correct and they begin opening the parks in a June/July timeframe, I'd hope for higher capacity limits and/or more than one park being open 5 months later.

But yeah... times are getting ready to be interesting.
Well my wife and I just booked for early December with a park hopper ticket. Hopefully we will be able to use it. First time feeling this uncertain about planning. It will be interesting to see how they open and then steadily expand their services.

Got to give Disney credit for choosing the right messenger for this. Smart to put their healthcare lead on the situation. I do feel confident that if anyone can figure out how to open a theme park in this environment, it's Disney. I just get the feeling that for Universal, it's more of a P/L decision. They will rush their opening and might stumble for it. We'll see.

DVCakaCarlF

I wonder if Springs Area resorts will open in conjunction with Springs? It would be a good way to integrate transportation systems, dining, parking, etc on a focused area...so much for MK being first.

Peter Pan's Shadow

I found it interesting that when hearing Bob Chapek speak about reopening, his phrase was repeated and well crafted. "We do not have a plan for reopening THAT WE CAN SHARE AT THIS TIME". Do we focus on the first part or the second part? Or is this conspiracy minded and I should remove my tinfoil hat? Lol.

Kyledychchi

People want a definitely not a maybe but I’m sure they’ve already forecasted a date, factoring in staff training and so on, accounting for some bumps in the road.

MagicalDreams07

Be interesting to see how they handle transportation to Magic Kingdom from TTC, and restrictions on all the other transportation on property between hotels and parks.

peter11435

I found it interesting that when hearing Bob Chapek speak about reopening, his phrase was repeated and well crafted. "We do not have a plan for reopening THAT WE CAN SHARE AT THIS TIME". Do we focus on the first part or the second part? Or is this conspiracy minded and I should remove my tinfoil hat? Lol.
I think you need to look at both parts. They obviously have a plan for reopening. Several in fact with various timelines and scenarios. It would be stupid for them not to. But with so many unknowns still out there and thus no final decisions made they have nothing they can share at this time.

electric

Wow, that press release was the biggest bunch of nothing. How they managed to fill that much space and say absolutely nothing of value was very impressive. My take on the press release was:

You have probably heard Shanghai Disneyland is opening on May 11 don't get yourself all excited and worked up WDW an DL are not. When we do open we will have hand sanitizer, we will clean things that you touch more often, and we will have the social distancing thing. Once again WDW and DL are still and will remain closed until further notice...please don't call.
You also left out........ please continue to book vacations on dates we know we wont be open.

wdw71fan

If you think think that a multi-billion-dollar media conglomerate doesn't have a plan for reopening at this stage then you are kidding yourself. The powers that be aren't just sitting at home eating at the dole whips before they melt.

Week of the 18th should be pivotal.

robhedin

That phrasing is normal; the business likely has been working on multiple plans, but nothing is yet final.

robhedin

Likely bus only
Really? Why do you think that?

I was expecting the ferry-- while it does hold more people they are open to the outside, and if they ran all three they could limit the number of people per ferry.

If they're concerned with spreading things, people touch a LOT of stuff in the buses and are still pretty close together. I'd think the monorails would be not much different than busses.

PuertoRekinSam

Chapek said during the Q/A that Shanghai Disneyland has a max capacity of 80,000 guests a day and that the park is to run at 30% of the maximum capacity so: 24,000.
How often does Shanghai reach capacity? I assume it’s similar to WDW, and only a few times a year. So how much of an average daily reduction in Guest are they really looking at?
Assuming a similar situation in Florida, if MK is capped at 30%... is that of Max capacity (Christmas) or the perfect date of April 25?

peter11435

Chapek said during the Q/A that Shanghai Disneyland has a max capacity of 80,000 guests a day and that the park is to run at 30% of the maximum capacity so: 24,000.
Actually he said the government mandate was that they cap at 30% which would be 24,000, but he said they would cap even below that. He did not provide a specific number towards what that would be.

Brooklin Disney Dad

and will rides be at capacity too? Social distancing on rides and cues will also slow things down. Not worth it. Wouldn’t surprise me if Disney finds a way to spike their prices during this opening phase time to filter out potential crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom