Disneyland's Marketing Strategy for 2020??? Because 2019 Was A Mess!

DanielBB8

Disney was so confident that Star Wars could sell itself like Harry Potter world did with universal. The problem is the new Star Wars movies disney has made are garbage. I think more people are excited for Marvel
Then don’t watch Marvel Phase 4. A dumpster truck just pulled up.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They're trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice with much of what's been announced for Phase 4. They will not make the kind of money or impact that "the originals" made. BP2, Thor 4, and Dr Strange 2 will probably bring in quite a haul but the rest... they're going to have to be *really* good if they want to keep that gravy train a-rollin'.

And, of course, they are doing those movies/characters for the implicit reason that they can use them in all their theme parks, not just (lamely?) in California and overseas.

Back on topic now. :)

George Lucas on a Bench

2D8FAE5E00000578-3279373-image-a-7_1445267000655.jpg

socalifornian

TP2000

Original Poster
Well here's some interesting marketing for you. Curious timing...

That's odd. I've never heard of LATAM Airlines, but it appears to be a Brazilian airline. But it's certainly not Brazil's flag carrier. Was Varig not interested, I wonder?

Was TDO that desperate for a corporate tie-up with Star Wars Land?

Casper Gutman

They're trying to capture lightning in a bottle twice with much of what's been announced for Phase 4. They will not make the kind of money or impact that "the originals" made. BP2, Thor 4, and Dr Strange 2 will probably bring in quite a haul but the rest... they're going to have to be *really* good if they want to keep that gravy train a-rollin'.

And, of course, they are doing those movies/characters for the implicit reason that they can use them in all their theme parks, not just (lamely?) in California and overseas.

Back on topic now. :)
They will all bring in a lot of money. Marvel has made mega-hits with Captain Marvel and Black Panther, which were only slightly more prominent then Shang-Chi, and from GotG, which was about as obscure as The Eternals. Because of how big the movies have been, people forget that even Cap and Iron Man were B-listers before the film franchises got rolling. Honestly, it’s astounding that people consistently underestimate the most successful media franchise in world history (and it’s not really close).

And I’d be very surprised if theme parks factored in to Marvel’s choice of subject matter. These are the characters left over in Marvel’s IP vault after the first group moved on and before the Fox acquisition. The Fox heroes will, of course, show up soon.

P.S. A bit more on topic, the strength of the Marvel brand notwithstanding, it’s amazing Disney is about to make the EXACT SAME mistake with Marvel Campus it made with SWGE.

britain

They will all bring in a lot of money. Marvel has made mega-hits with Captain Marvel and Black Panther, which were only slightly more prominent then Shang-Chi, and from GotG, which was about as obscure as The Eternals. Because of how big the movies have been, people forget that even Cap and Iron Man were B-listers before the film franchises got rolling. Honestly, it’s astounding that people consistently underestimate the most successful media franchise in world history (and it’s not really close).

And I’d be very surprised if theme parks factored in to Marvel’s choice of subject matter. These are the characters left over in Marvel’s IP vault after the first group moved on and before the Fox acquisition. The Fox heroes will, of course, show up soon.

P.S. A bit more on topic, the strength of the Marvel brand notwithstanding, it’s amazing Disney is about to make the EXACT SAME mistake with Marvel Campus it made with SWGE.

I think the Spiderman ride is more obviously a D ticket, as opposed to the millennium falcon being decked to the nines in E ticket clothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom