News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Magic Feather

The overriding rule would be where things lie with social distancing rules by the time it is ready.
All too true. Some of the social distancing at WDW proposals that I have heard are downright crazy, almost to a point where I would want to see them play out, especially in regard to nighttime shows. Unfortunately, the most likely nighttime spectacular proposal that I've heard (short of cancelling them all) is my least favorite, and I have a feeling that it would upset a lot of other people too.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The overriding rule would be where things lie with social distancing rules by the time it is ready.
Indeed. We literally have no idea what could change between now and then. But anything that puts us in a position where we're all OK opening the parks is likely something that will end the need for social distancing.

TTA94

I know some have said Harmonius is almost completed, But is it far enough along where we will still get the original planned version and not a cheap/cut version?

FutureWorld1982

It was already sad to see that what was supposed to be the "largest nighttime show ever created for a Disney Park" become "ONE of the largest nighttime shows in Disney Parks history." Now, it's likely it will be advertised simply as a nighttime show "only Disney could create" (meaning that it might be slightly more impressive than EPCOT Forever).

Obviously, I understand why this happened, but I also think this show got way too many budget cuts even before this crisis begun.

TTA94

It was already sad to see that what was supposed to be the "largest nighttime show ever created for a Disney Park" become "ONE of the largest nighttime shows in Disney Parks history." Now, it's likely it will be advertised simply as a nighttime show "only Disney could create" (meaning that it might be slightly more impressive than EPCOT Forever).

Obviously, I understand why this happened, but I also think this show got way too many budget cuts even before this crisis begun.

Well, as long as the hardware and tech are in place and hasn’t been cut, pyro can always be increased in the future. Either way it should be a decent show. Can’t be any worse than Epcot Forever or Rivers Of Light We Are One.

RSoxNo1

As a note, I was told that "at worst, Harmonious gets delayed and has less pyro. The rest is too far along, and is being banked on too much. Some Epcot 3rd party restaurants have begged for Harmonious to even be fast tracked, as Epcot Forever has not been pulling the same fireworks diner numbers. That need for revenue (especially putting a fireworks show in their most spread out venue) may see Harmonious plow through while everything else is cut down to bare bones."
I'd say Epcot Forever is a dumpster fire, but a dumpster fire set to Epcot appropriate music would be more entertaining.

TTA94

We can all probably just speculate at this point, but if Epcot does not open with the rest of the parks like some suggest, when Epcot Does open, could it open with Harmonius? Or will they want to give EF a proper farewell? 🙄 unfortunately lol.
I know there is the other scenario where whether Epcot opens with the rest of the parks or not, no parks will have nighttime shows till... who knows when. There again I’m wondering if we will be seeing EF again?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We can all probably just speculate at this point, but if Epcot does not open with the rest of the parks like some suggest, when Epcot Does open, could it open with Harmonius? Or will they want to give EF a proper farewell? 🙄 unfortunately lol.
I know there is the other scenario where whether Epcot opens with the rest of the parks or not, no parks will have nighttime shows till... who knows when. There again I’m wondering if we will be seeing EF again?
It would depend on a) where social distancing rules are at when the show is ready and b) when the show is ready.

aladdin2007

yikes I dont think that show deserves a farewell, it was barely making it through as it was.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

A “proper farewell” for EF would be for it to silently disappear without a trace.

techgeek

A “proper farewell” for EF would be for it to silently disappear without a trace.

It would not bother me in the slightest if we have already had the last showing of EF.

I suppose a silver lining to the way this all worked out is that RoE had a proper send-off last fall. I would have been devastated if it had still been playing going into the shutdown, and then was never seen again for whatever reason without people having a the chance to see it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It'd be nice if people could stop mentioning it so we can all forget.

Illuminations was replaced by Harmonius. And nothing came in between. Nothing that we shall ever mention again.

Let the healing begin.

"No, honey, the glowing kites was just a nightmare. Go back to sleep."

RSoxNo1

It'd be nice if people could stop mentioning it so we can all forget.

Illuminations was replaced by Harmonius. And nothing came in between. Nothing that we shall ever mention again.

Let the healing begin.

"No, honey, the glowing kites was just a nightmare. Go back to sleep."
I cant like the post enough.

I will say though that the kite portion was far and away the best portion of the show but I am on record saying how much I hated the dumpster fire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom