What's Still On and What's Now Off

ToTBellHop

I don’t doubt they are kicking this plan around, it seems like it was dreamed up by a bunch of managers and lawyers.

I just don’t see how they find the sweet spot that people are going to assume the risk, accept the severe lack of features, and pay enough that Disney can make a profit, I just don’t.
Profit? No. They want to mitigate losses and prevent brand damage.

disney4life2008

I think the easiest answer is based on actual square footage of each public area resort wide, they will limit capacity.

All entertainment will be banned. Character greetings will still occur but between glass.

Housekeeping will be eliminated with only them cleaning after departure.

Online check in will be required. Plastic will be installed between guest and cm at all locations.

Pools and water parks will remain closed.

Rides like space ship earth will separate 10 cars between each car.

Arrows will point the direction you should follow.

Ttc will only allow a certain number of people through security.

disney4life2008

Then close it down until a vaccine is found as to not damage the brand. If they are not generating a profit then they might as well keep everything closed.

That won't happen. In some capacity, Disney will try its best to open. The issue is that they have to be cautious about limitations on demographics of people. And if someone gets sick at Disney, you already know they go sue.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
That won't happen. In some capacity, Disney will try its best to open. The issue is that they have to be cautious about limitations on demographics of people. And if someone gets sick at Disney, you already know they go sue.

And they can only do that in a phase 3 situation with limited restrictions. Florida will do everything they can to get to phase 3 As quick as possible.

Touchdown

They’re not going to try and make a profit, that is absurd. This is just to lose less money.

Ok, we have a different view of profit. I’m not talking about globally the Disney Company tuning a profit I’m talking about WDW turning a profit. I do not see a scenario where Disney is able to charge WDW guests enough money for such a limited offering to cover the costs of running said experience.

How much are you willing to pay? They would have to slash the price by at least 50% for me to even think about doing it. I don’t think that math works.

Disney will only open when they can make a profit.

The Visionary Soul

Here’s what is much more realistic:

Late June or July opening of MK and DHS and DAK

No masks required.

Virtual Queues for everything.

No live entertainment of any kind except for a giant 4th of July fireworks spectacular because this is Florida and they’ll want to do that anyway.

Limited entry into the parks.

Hotels could reopen sooner.

They will sanitize surfaces as much as possible, but trying to do every ride vehicle after every guests... I don’t see that happening. Maybe they’ll run the ride with guests, then sanitize every vehicle, then do it again. Basically one load of guests, one load of clean ghosts. And that sanitization will be done via a fine mist application, similar to fumigating a home or an airplane.

Temperature checks at security, but none of that questioning of where you have been. That’s not something people will be comfortable doing.

I don’t expect Epcot to open this year.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Ok, we have a different view of profit. I’m not talking about globally the Disney Company tuning a profit I’m talking about WDW turning a profit. I do not see a scenario where Disney is able to charge WDW guests enough money for such a limited offering to cover the costs of running said experience.

How much are you willing to pay? They would have to slash the price by at least 50% for me to even think about doing it. I don’t think that math works.

Disney will only open when they can make a profit.
I don’t think we have different definitions of profit, I think we have different assumptions. I assume Disney has these massive fixed costs to the parks sitting there and that the variable costs -staffing, electric, etc, all of which will be substantially reduced from normal operations - will be less than the income they will take in from charging hotel rates, admission, and $11 for a hot dog.

You assume they won’t. But I don’t think we’d be having this discussion if that were true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom