Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavernacle12

Any word on Disney reopening? Mid may-June?

No one knows.

I’d expect Shanghai/Hong King to reopen before any other parks.
Paris/Anaheim Disneyland next, as they went into lockdown a lot sooner than Florida did.
WDW and Tokyo are up in the air, mostly due to Japan reacting really weirdly to the whole thing. I’m still not sure if they’re going to be ok or suffer near as bad as the US are.
WDW will certainly not be the first to reopen (though I ‘could’ see a scenerio where certain hotels open early).

The earliest I’ve seen to remote normalcy is June, but theme parks are a whole can of worms with this. I, personally, think the fall is the most likely. Maybe construction crews start work earlier to try and get Tron/Rat/Spidey/,Guardians done.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Last Vegas sports betting is closed due to covid19. Perhaps money can be made or lost betting anything Disney when, where, how is it going to open.
I do miss sports and betting.

in the interest of pure fun I created a thread with a poll for votes on which park opens first:

Lilofan

Now with the CDC recommending people wear masks going out in public, there was a time that some liquor stores had signs at the front door saying "No Masks Allowed". I'm sure the cops would be called if customers wore a mask entering a bank...

Jwink

I am not saying he doesn't - this is what our company does so you said it has been months (not due to this) that he has been unable to find something. I was trying to be helpful because there is new tech that screens applications and if you know how to get to the front of that list, then you make it to the front - it isn't up to a person anymore.... 99% of applicants don't realize that. No offense meant, just offering help. Feel free to DM if you change your mind
Months? No he's been employed up until coronavirus. If I said months PLEASE blame it on a tired mom of an infant. He lost his second job (furlough) and will be paid through this week (covid pay) then he will be back once they open (columbia sportswear)... and he has worked for disney for 15 years. He was unofficially furloughed starting april 18th (unofficially because we know it's happening but they haven't worked out the particulars for union members)

Sorry for being snarky then if you were just trying to help. a) I'm tired b) I'm worried and c) you wouldn't have been the first one to suggest he 'just finds something' while we wait lol

note2001

To be fair, they didn't quote any executives or say who are the ones complaining. This type of reporting is hearsay at best.
I would figure it to be the every day worker from management on down making less than 100K who would be complaining as those are the ones without the huge bank accounts to fund their mortgages and car payments for months on end.

ImperfectPixie

ummmmm right? Jeez. get over it dudes. not like they're being furloughed ........... (see what I did there?) LOL
We're going to owe the company my husband works for money when this is all said and done. They covered our portion of the health benefits for two weeks, but since then, the rest is on us. So yes, unemployment and the federal money will help, but it still sucks. $200 per week for family coverage.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
To be fair, they didn't quote any executives or say who are the ones complaining. This type of reporting is hearsay at best.
I would figure it to be the every day worker from management on down making less than 100K who would be complaining as those are the ones without the huge bank accounts to fund their mortgages and car payments for months on end.

I didn’t pass judgement one way or another. Simply came across the story and thought it may be of value to a Disney forum.

JoeCamel

Google on it - except the MK is only a pin.......

mk closed.JPG

Last edited:

note2001

Quick heads up for folk making your own disinfecting wipes at home: the ones that call for using bleach will work, but only up to 24 hours after being made. None of these online sources are telling folk this. Bleach when diluted looses its effectiveness quickly. Either make small batches for use each day, or go for an alcohol based version. Let your parents know too.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In Italy at least, this is pretty much all that is allowed, and the British government is also asking people to stay local.
Bergen County is completely shut down.
That article makes us look like complete morons. Very embarrassing for our medical community.

SARS, like EBOLA, didn't spread as fast because its so lethal. It literally kills the hosts before it has a chance to infect other a lot of the time.
SARS has a 9% mortality rate which is incredibly high, but it's incubation can be as long as 10 days. With more than 90% of those infected surviving it certainly isn't contained by its mortality rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom