Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polynesia

I think my wedding in Italy has officially been canceled. Not postponed, but canceled. No refund and the vendors have pretty much thrown their hands up. The venue told us we could consider 2022. I was never too optimistic about rescheduling this successfully for fall, but this seems to have been the nail in the coffin.

I know a wedding in Italy has nothing to do with Disney per se, but with so many people thinking ahead of things going back to normal real fast, it seems like folks in the thick of it right now are not even considering the near future. I dont know if this bodes well for a lot of extracurricular stuff in life, Disney included. I really wish this would end but it's like the opposite is happening and it's only beginning.
I don’t know how you paid for your wedding. If you used a credit card you can dispute the charges for services not rendered. I always use a credit card for more expensive and important purchases. Hope this helps.

Lilofan

I think most of us are feeling this way, and perhaps that’s something that will bring you some comfort—that we’re all in this together. If nothing else, this crisis can help us to recognise and value our common humanity.
Today is April Fools Day and there is nothing remotely funny about it.

DisneyCane

Compared to other countries the USA has been very slow. You just have to look at flights still going on in USA. The last day at disney world was one big party and most countries had already started major lockdown. Just look at Australia the highest number of overseas cases brought into to Australia were from travellers that had been in USA (besides one cruise ship which is over 400 cases now)
By the time of that last day of WDW, many states already had school closures and other restrictions.. that’s why I’m so surprised.
We’re almost on week 3 here, and nothing is letting up, there’s still no end in sight. Our restrictions will be extended tomorrow, I’m assuming they will be thru the end of April, with a reassessment at that time.

Part of it is the testing "backlog." They are running a lot more tests than a few weeks ago but the daily capacity seems to be capped at the moment. Florida seems to be running around 10,000 tests a day with around 10% positive. However, some portion (probably a large portion) presented and were swabbed days ago but they report the cases by day of test result. At a hospital I have direct knowledge of, they have 3 confirmed COVID-19 patients but are also treating several "persons under investigation." Whatever percentage of those are positive will be reported in the coming days statistics but were actually "new cases" several days ago.

Patcheslee

Just an FYI for Indiana residents: not all counties are showing the travel advisory status at the IN DHS map. Only reason I know is the county next to us (Jennings) has gone to essential travel to from work, groceries, and emergencies only posted by the sheriff's FB page. If ppl do not follow they will go to a full lockdown and ppl start getting cited unless they have proof for need to travel.

Patcheslee

No kidding!
I did pull a prank on my kid :eek:
Screenshot_20200401-203207_Chrome.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Cruise ship update -

The company’s plan announced late Wednesday calls for giving masks to all passengers who aren’t showing symptoms of COVID-19, then transferring them to airports for charter and commercial flights. Around 45 people who are sick will be treated on the ships and 10 needing critical care will be transferred to local hospitals.

Both ships are on the Port Everglades docking schedule for Thursday at 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.

Speaking to Fox News Tuesday, DeSantis said he changed his mind after learning that there are U.S. citizens and Florida residents aboard the ships. “We were concerned about a deluge into the hospitals, but I think it turns out that there will probably be some who will need to go but it’s very, very manageable and the local hospital system thinks that they can handle it,” he said.

DeSantis alluded to a third ship on its way to Florida, the Coral Princess, which is expected to arrive to Port Everglades Saturday with flu-like cases on board. All 1,024 passengers are confined to their cabins as of Tuesday. The ship has been sailing toward Florida since Argentina permitted only Argentine citizens to disembark in Buenos Aires on March 19.

“We’ve seen these cruise ships be big problems with this virus, and I know they’re not sailing any new ones, but this is going to continue to be a problem and so we want to make sure people are safe both on those ships but particularly on shore in places like the state of Florida,” said DeSantis.

Jwink

In Florida, the maximum payment is about $3,762 per month ($875 multiplied by 4.3 weeks). That’s about $200 higher than the U.K.’s maximum monthly payment of £2,500, purchasing power parity adjusted.
I thought theirs was 75% of each person's income? Maybe I read it wrong.

trainplane3

Today is April Fools Day and there is nothing remotely funny about it.
True.

Something for me to laugh at: a certain flight simulator in alpha testing got a patch today and it's going to make people that were demanding something added to be very disappointed and probably more annoyed now. I'm laughing at least.

JoeCamel

Cruise ship update -

The company’s plan announced late Wednesday calls for giving masks to all passengers who aren’t showing symptoms of COVID-19, then transferring them to airports for charter and commercial flights. Around 45 people who are sick will be treated on the ships and 10 needing critical care will be transferred to local hospitals.

Both ships are on the Port Everglades docking schedule for Thursday at 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.

Speaking to Fox News Tuesday, DeSantis said he changed his mind after learning that there are U.S. citizens and Florida residents aboard the ships. “We were concerned about a deluge into the hospitals, but I think it turns out that there will probably be some who will need to go but it’s very, very manageable and the local hospital system thinks that they can handle it,” he said.

DeSantis alluded to a third ship on its way to Florida, the Coral Princess, which is expected to arrive to Port Everglades Saturday with flu-like cases on board. All 1,024 passengers are confined to their cabins as of Tuesday. The ship has been sailing toward Florida since Argentina permitted only Argentine citizens to disembark in Buenos Aires on March 19.

“We’ve seen these cruise ships be big problems with this virus, and I know they’re not sailing any new ones, but this is going to continue to be a problem and so we want to make sure people are safe both on those ships but particularly on shore in places like the state of Florida,” said DeSantis.

No!, all need to quarantine in place or in a controlled environment not get on a plane and disperse and the sick be removed for treatment.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom