Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Brer Oswald

While I hate to be gloomy, if the attraction DOES indeed feature guest interaction (gaming, as would make sense for WIR), I wonder how it will be implemented.

Guests love the shooter rides because everyone plays by themselves and against each other together in an easy-to-understand carnival game style atmosphere.

Guests seem to... dislike... MF:SR because it requires them to do more complex gaming while relying on others that might be better or worse than they are.

WIR seems to me an interesting vector that involve individual play, but perhaps something a little more complicated to understand. Unlike all the other examples, though, it's possible that people will essentially be playing alone, like the Magic Carpet experience in DisneyQuest.

Also, I wonder how much of this will be translated into the "Play!" Pavilion... I had thought WIR was going to be a huge part of that area, odd that they've decided to split the IP.
“Gaming” Attractions are almost always a bad idea. Video Games have evolved so much to the point where an attraction really can’t top what you experience at home, especially not while trying to cater to everyone.

Gamers get annoyed waiting for a dumbed down >15 minute experience. Casuals might find it fun but often times feel out of the loop for the fast pace of an attraction. Nobody wins.

There’s a reason why Mushroom Kingdom won’t have any major interaction in the attractions.

Surferboy567

Have to admit I’m confused...out of all the things to go forward this is chosen? Don’t get me wrong I REALLY want Wreck it Ralph it’s of my favorite modern Disney movies...but doesn’t Disney have like oh I don’t know...a whole park to fix up?

In one thread we have another “insider” saying the EPCOT revamp is in turmoil...and now we have this piece of news. Very weird.

Oh, and everyone’s favorite site is also talking about this.

Since the permit has been filed we know something is happening.

Disneyson

I think that with both this and TRON, Disney is shifting Tomorrowland away from pure sci-fi to something similar to Shanghai: a sleek land for both the sci-fi and "tech" genres with no overarching story connecting everything together

I believe the story of Tomorrowland in Shanghai centers around the Well-Spring, which is sort of a “source of magic“ that causes the rest of the land to spring forth from it. It functions similarly to the spirit gods that live in Adventure Isle’s Apu Taku, the magic that resides in the caves of Treasure Cove, the dragonfly that lives in the Crystal Grottoes of Fantasyland, etc.

The Well-Spring, I believe, is sort of like Tomorrowland’s “wireless charger” that infused it’s surroundings with magical futuristic energy, not unlike the trippy lights at the end of previous versions of SSE.

Here’s a video of the Well-Spring literally pulsing through Tomorrowland and through all of it’s lighting fixtures, especially TRON’s canopy.

I think that’s a pretty innovative story for Tomorrowland, IMHO.

HauntedMansionFLA

While I hate to be gloomy, if the attraction DOES indeed feature guest interaction (gaming, as would make sense for WIR), I wonder how it will be implemented.

Guests love the shooter rides because everyone plays by themselves and against each other together in an easy-to-understand carnival game style atmosphere.

Guests seem to... dislike... MF:SR because it requires them to do more complex gaming while relying on others that might be better or worse than they are.

WIR seems to me an interesting vector that involve individual play, but perhaps something a little more complicated to understand. Unlike all the other examples, though, it's possible that people will essentially be playing alone, like the Magic Carpet experience in DisneyQuest.

Also, I wonder how much of this will be translated into the "Play!" Pavilion... I had thought WIR was going to be a huge part of that area, odd that they've decided to split the IP.
What IP’s in the WIR movies can Disney use?? ( Besides Ralph and his core friends)

Disneyson

What IP’s in the WIR movies can Disney use?? ( Besides Ralph and his core friends)

I’m confused about the question. The IP is Wreck It Ralph...?

I’m surprised that they’re making an attraction about going into the virtual game world, then a Pavillion that is all about... the virtual game world... I really didn’t think the IP was strong enough to justify the two attractions.

Perhaps this is a sign that “Play!” is getting a major re-imagining or is getting cut.

SplashJacket

I’m confused about the question. The IP is Wreck It Ralph...?

I’m surprised that they’re making an attraction about going into the virtual game world, then a Pavillion that is all about... the virtual game world... I really didn’t think the IP was strong enough to justify the two attractions.

Perhaps this is a sign that “Play!” is getting a major re-imagining or is getting cut.

I believe the insiders reached the general consensus that "Play!" was too far along in development to be cut. I think someone mentioned permits for install were already in place. My memory is fuzzy, could be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom