ECV request in restaurants

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
My father will be in an ECV, but he can walk short distances. He would prefer to park the ECV and walk into the restaurant.

I noticed that there is a box in the ADR forms for "Wheelchair access." Should I un-check that box? I'm thinking that this would be for folks who cannot leave their chairs. I absolutely want to sit in a car at Sci-Fi--not a picnic table.

Advice?

JIMINYCR

Yes... wheelchair access notifies the host that you are needing a table that has room for a person staying in a wheelchair. Sometimes there are areas in the restaurant that are more roomier for those in w/c's also. By having that note on the reservation you are informing the need of a table area to be readied for you. If hes walking in he doesnt need special needs access.

Simba’s Mom

My father will be in an ECV, but he can walk short distances. He would prefer to park the ECV and walk into the restaurant.

I noticed that there is a box in the ADR forms for "Wheelchair access." Should I un-check that box? I'm thinking that this would be for folks who cannot leave their chairs. I absolutely want to sit in a car at Sci-Fi--not a picnic table.

Advice?

Yes, I agree with everyone else. I'm a person who would prefer to keep my ECV with me. I have a degenerative condition that makes walking more and more difficult. However, I've never noticed the "wheelchair access" option and I've had many a hostess tell me I HAD TO park my ECV and walk (as best as I could) into the restaurant. Never been given any other option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom