Making FP's during shut down

007mickey

Original Poster
Anybody's 60 day window hitting during the shutdown? Do we know if fp reservations will be available to make during this time?

JIMINYCR

It makes sense that people will still be making FP+ reservations in the hopes their trips will still go on. Making their choices would at least ensure a spot on the most popular rides in the event that Disney does reopen during their time frame. If they did nothing, even though the parks might be less crowded due to cancellations, theyre taking a chance for finding less FP+ openings. IMHO I believe when reopening there will be less guests going on their trips due to the financial drain all of this was/ will be causing them, thus there being lower crowds.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It makes sense that people will still be making FP+ reservations in the hopes their trips will still go on. Making their choices would at least ensure a spot on the most popular rides in the event that Disney does reopen during their time frame. If they did nothing, even though the parks might be less crowded due to cancellations, theyre taking a chance for finding less FP+ openings. IMHO I believe when reopening there will be less guests going on their trips due to the financial drain all of this was/ will be causing them, thus there being lower crowds.
1. It’s a healthy mental activity to make fastpasses
2. You are predicting a reduction of travel?!? Really going out on a limb there! 🤪

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If anybody's been paying attention, I think that we all know that once Disney is back up, it will be packed again. If the last day was any indication.
You’re paying attention...just not to the right developments 👍🏻

We’ll see. Flinging open the gates and people pouring in would need some sort of divine intervention at this point.

007mickey

Original Poster
Well this is getting interesting. Tomorrow is our morning to make FP's. And with the closure and no opening date being established, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm seeing some folks in the other thread started by @deeevo that Disney might have shut the FP's down till June 1st. I'm curious to see if anything will be available for May 30th & 31st (or we would even be able to check in on May 30th for that matter).

With that said, we have all but decided to re-schedule our trip for later in the year. Even if they open up within the next 4-8 weeks, I'm worried it will be a partial opening with certain attractions, restaurants, etc. not operating. But it has been awhile since we have been to WDW and I thought it would be good practice (and maybe a little fun) to go through the steps (an agony at times) of making FP's. This might be the most stress-free fastpass booking I've ever attempted! Looking for anything these days to take my mind off this Covid mess.

Never thought I would see a time that all the parks would be "closed indefinitely", crazy times.

deeevo

Well this is getting interesting. Tomorrow is our morning to make FP's. And with the closure and no opening date being established, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm seeing some folks in the other thread started by @deeevo that Disney might have shut the FP's down till June 1st. I'm curious to see if anything will be available for May 30th & 31st (or we would even be able to check in on May 30th for that matter).

With that said, we have all but decided to re-schedule our trip for later in the year. Even if they open up within the next 4-8 weeks, I'm worried it will be a partial opening with certain attractions, restaurants, etc. not operating. But it has been awhile since we have been to WDW and I thought it would be good practice (and maybe a little fun) to go through the steps (an agony at times) of making FP's. This might be the most stress-free fastpass booking I've ever attempted! Looking for anything these days to take my mind off this Covid mess.

Never thought I would see a time that all the parks would be "closed indefinitely", crazy times.
Good luck! Curious to know if you get a better selection after June 1st. I think my drop dead date to cancel my vacation is May 1st. If things don't look better by then I might head to BFE Minnesota and get a cabin on a lake.

007mickey

Original Poster
Just got done making my selections about 20 min ago, May 30th and 31st were complete busts, much like @deeevo experience. None of the headliners at MK were available (Space, Big Thunder, Splash, Mine Train, Pirates, Mansion, etc.) and EPCOT was the same way. So I can't conclude they aren't accepting any selections before June 1st, just that the options are very minimal. It's like they just blocked them out?

Everything went pretty well from June 1st and on but one anomaly was that Big Thunder was not available at all on June 2nd or June 5th. (didn't check any other days). I thought it was supposed to be back open by end of May?

nickys

Premium Member
Just got done making my selections about 20 min ago, May 30th and 31st were complete busts, much like @deeevo experience. None of the headliners at MK were available (Space, Big Thunder, Splash, Mine Train, Pirates, Mansion, etc.) and EPCOT was the same way. So I can't conclude they aren't accepting any selections before June 1st, just that the options are very minimal. It's like they just blocked them out?

Everything went pretty well from June 1st and on but one anomaly was that Big Thunder was not available at all on June 2nd or June 5th. (didn't check any other days). I thought it was supposed to be back open by end of May?

Since all construction has stopped, so have the refurbs and maintenance. So they won’t know yet when those will be completed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom