Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Cdc now recommends no gathering of more then 50 people for 8 weeks (middle of May)

"Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States."

JoeCamel

Po'Rich

Your ignoring a critical part of everything the CDC said... they are using the word COULD before every one of those doom and gloom figures. Those are worst case scenarios. But since you want to latch onto those worst case scenarios, I have a question, do you run in horror when you see someone around you light a cigarette? Smoking kills 480,000 people either from actual smoking or the secondhand smoke every year. So assuming your at least 20 years old; during your lifetime more than 9 million people have died from cigarettes... that's more than 5 times as many as in your CDC worst case scenario.... Now look at the numbers that could be in a hospital... They range from 2.4 million to 21 million that is a huge variance and shows you just how uncertain they are about their worst case scenario. What you are also missing is what is the best case scenario because none of news outlets are even mentioning it. But I assure you there is a best case scenario out there and the most likely place we will end up is not the worst or the best but somewhere in between.

Remember that a significant number of the deaths we have in the US was due to the virus running rampant in a nursing home where people are generally sent to life out their final days. If you were to infect people in a nursing home with a flu virus you would see a much higher mortality rate than you would ever see in the general population.

And lastly remember this is the CDC saying something that is also intended to push the government to provide them with more funding. Anytime something bad happens the government agency in charge tends to use that tragedy to push for more money by playing chicken little. Am I concerned with the virus? Sure, but not so much for it killing half the planet because it wont... More concerned with my investments which are being hammered right now and will probably take a couple of years to recover.
I'm not ignoring anything. I presented it as a worst case scenario, and we have already started measures to mitigate the damage. And, I truly hope that you are correct that this ends up being nothing really. Yet, I would rather prepare for the worst and have things turn out better than the opposite.

TrainsOfDisney

No, he’s implying only Epcot because of Construction. But I’m not taking it as true until one of the board credibles say something.

Not just because of construction, although that would be a reason. Epcot is a huge park that requires a lot of staffing. I mentioned several pages ago that Disney may not reopen all 4 parks when they reopen. That’s not me being an insider, cause I’m not. It’s just looking at the reality of this situation and seeing clues like laying off long term world showcase entertainers and sending many international program cm’s home.

Brer Oswald

Take it with a grain of salt. Earlier in the thread Twitter told us the CP people were all being forced out immediately even if they have no way to get home. That was proven to not be true. I doubt anyone at Disney has the first clue what they will do once things re-open.
Especially considering they’ve already planned ahead for the park to operate through construction.

Brer Oswald

Not just because of construction, although that would be a reason. Epcot is a huge park that requires a lot of staffing. I mentioned several pages ago that Disney may not reopen all 4 parks when they reopen. That’s not me being an insider, cause I’m not. It’s just looking at the reality of this situation and seeing clues like laying off long term world showcase entertainers and sending many international program cm’s home.
ICP was sent home. The country reps (CRP) were not. The Canadians, Mexicans, etc sent home could work in several of the parks.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It will be open by food and wine. Not going to let that cash cow go, especially in an already dire financial year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom