Matsuriza and British Revolution last performance at EPCOT on Sunday

Rteetz

Let's be honest. Epcot has changed. It has not been about entertainment for the last few years. Even more so now there are so called festivals year round that promotes drunkenness. The entertainment is just backgrounds. World showcase is just as pathetic as epcot itself.
I don’t think it has anything to do with that. Disney starting tomorrow is closed for the foreseeable future. They will be losing out on millions of dollars. Whether we like it or not cuts are going to be made. Non-essential cast are going to be the first to go. There were numerous cuts made post 9/11 and we will see the same here. It’s not going to be fun for any of us or those involved. It’s the unfortunate nature of this beast.

trainplane3

Let's be honest. Epcot has changed. It has not been about entertainment for the last few years. Even more so now there are so called festivals year round that promotes drunkenness. The entertainment is just backgrounds. World showcase is just as pathetic as epcot itself.
I won't deny it but one of the reasons I enjoy WS is because of the entertainment. Just walking around and a show starting in front of you is nice.

I remember hearing Sergio's whistle from a few pavilions over and literally dragged a confused friend over. It ended up being one of the things they remembered most about the trip. Rides are great but you need entertainment to fill in the gaps. Or in some cases, to be more memorable then parts of the park...

I really hate what WS is like during F&W. Between the shirts bragging about getting plastered, the drunks being loud or worse, and the insanely overcrowded pathways, I dread Epcot in the fall. It's a mess that just happens to work out in the companies favor. Sadly the fall is one of my favorite times to go to WDW.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

I won't deny it but one of the reasons I enjoy WS is because of the entertainment. Just walking around and a show starting in front of you is nice.

I remember hearing Sergio's whistle from a few pavilions over and literally dragged a confused friend over. It ended up being one of the things they remembered most about the trip. Rides are great but you need entertainment to fill in the gaps. Or in some cases, to be more memorable then parts of the park...

I really hate like WS during F&W. Between the shirts bragging about getting plastered, the drinks being loud or worse, and the insanely overcrowded pathways, I dread Epcot in the fall. It's a mess that just happens to work out in the companies favor. Sadly the fall is one of my favorite times to go to WDW.

The thing is that drunk epcot was by design. If I recall, epcot was the only theme park that sold alcohol. It's always had its get drunk atmosphere. But I think something changed in the mid 2000s. The focus in ws on drinking got worse every year. Then it expanded to all parks. But it's a money maker.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don’t think it has anything to do with that. Disney starting tomorrow is closed for the foreseeable future. They will be losing out on millions of dollars. Whether we like it or not cuts are going to be made. Non-essential cast are going to be the first to go. There were numerous cuts made post 9/11 and we will see the same here. It’s not going to be fun for any of us or those involved. It’s the unfortunate nature of this beast.
It will also be the first time where April fools day isn't funny when it reopens and we see what happens next to the parks....

esskay

It states until the end of March......
The park is not at all going to open in April. Not even close enough to enough time for this to go away. Disney arent going to announce a long closure as that wouldn't be very smart given how quickly everything has happened.

If we're being totally realistic theres a good chance that the parks are going to be shut for a good couple of months.

When they eventually do reopen expect a very low number of cast members, probably shorter hours, some shops/restaurants closed etc. I don't think you can underestimate just how much this is costing Disney right now, they'll be making significant losses for the next 12 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom