Trip Report THE ONE...(February 2020)*COMPLETE*

Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls of all ages and fellow Magicians, as you can see, I am having a little trouble with the title of this trip report. It could be “THE ONE FOR MY BEST FRIEND’S BIRTHDAY”, or “THE ONE WHERE I LEFT MY BRAIN AT HOME.” Or there is, “THE ONE WHERE I GOT A GLIMPSE OF A DISNEY LEGEND”. There is also, “THE ONE WHERE WE JOINED THE RESISTANCE”.
I think I will begin title less and let all you good people have a say when it is over.

We always begin with the why.
A small bit of background first:
M and I have been friend’s since college (a looong time😎). M’s family has a small family business. When my kids were little my job got to be too much (70-100 hours a week) so I left. When my youngest started Kindergarten M’s family asked me if I would come work for them part time. It is not what I went to school for but it offered me flexibility for the kids, and besides, how do you say no to family?
So some of you may have figured it out, M is not only my friend, but my boss as well.

M is a great friend! No really! Die hard Met fan who will go with me to see the Dodgers when they are in town and actually root (🎶root root🎶) for the Dodgers.
21B50DAE-E983-4578-8D31-4A8BAD4D8EA8.jpeg

M had a birthday coming up. M’s sister and two grown nieces are big Disney fans and we are always talking about what is new with the parks, food and the shopping😍. Poor M, always left out. So I asked if he wanted to go for his Birthday. “YES”, was his answer BTW. (Plus, my oldest son, X had a lacrosse game in Jacksonville so we got to see that as well.)
M hadn't been to WDW in 20 years! So we got the time off from HR (M’s sister🤣) and I started planning.
I will say, taking a newbie (after a 20 year absence you revert to newbie status-this is the way) to WDW is fun! I got to see everything through his eyes, like it was the first time. Plus, if I made a miscalculation or left something out—he had no way of knowing!!!🤣🤣 M’s only request: “can we ride the teacups?” (and he asked X to score 5 goals for him as a birthday gift-stay tuned for that)
“Of course we can!” My family will never ride the teacups with me so I haven't been on them in at least 10 years. This was off to a promising start!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Love that you got to see Joe Rohde. And super jealous. I would love to do one of those Tiffins talks that he does but the dates haven’t lined up for us.
I was freaking when I saw him and sent the photos to my family. My kids were like...”and.”
(I then sent it to a fellow magician because I had to share it with someone who would get it). However, my husband knew who it was and sent me the link to Tiffins talk with a “birthday gift?” massage attached. Alas, it was already sold out😞 But at least I know where and when I can stalk him😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Great that you saw Mr Rohde and took a quick picture

and in the name of keeping it PG.....

I assume it was a typo and you meant a birthday message...

if not .... I don’t want to know any more details

Max
Ha ha!
Now most people would quickly go and edit that. But then your post wouldn't make sense and I can’t have that, so I am leaving it as is!!!
BTW, although Joe is a legend, I would have to pass on a massage from him. The earrings might get in the way😂
giphy.gif

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was freaking when I saw him and sent the photos to my family. My kids were like...”and.”
(I then sent it to a fellow magician because I had to share it with someone who would get it). However, my husband knew who it was and sent me the link to Tiffins talk with a “birthday gift?” massage attached. Alas, it was already sold out😞 But at least I know where and when I can stalk him😂

That hubby of yours is definitely a keeper!

tiggerlvr

Late to the party but for good reason! We were there the 14th-24th and everything is just now getting back to normal to have time to catch up on all the trip reports. Imagine my pleasant surprise to get back and see you had posted another!

Billy6

Ha ha!
Now most people would quickly go and edit that. But then your post wouldn't make sense and I can’t have that, so I am leaving it as is!!!
BTW, although Joe is a legend, I would have to pass on a massage from him. The earrings might get in the way😂
giphy.gif
Funny story...I was in LA in July and went to Disneyland...Andy D-ick (the masseuse) was on the flight with me. We boarded the plane together and chatted. He was in Chicago that weekend for a Comedy show.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Late, but here! I would have freaked out just as much seeing Joe Rohde!! I was there with my parents once during Star Wars Weekends and Anthony Daniels (C3PO) walked right past us on his way to his signing and we all freaked out, too :hilarious:
Did he walk or do this???
giphy.gif

Welcome!

Had some catching up to do but I'm finally back with it!! So cool that you got to see Joe!
👍glad you are back

That hubby of yours is definitely a keeper!
Sometimes....😂
Late to the party but for good reason! We were there the 14th-24th and everything is just now getting back to normal to have time to catch up on all the trip reports. Imagine my pleasant surprise to get back and see you had posted another!
Did you have fun?
Is there a @tbaker84 TR in our future???
Glad you are here!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Funny story...I was in LA in July and went to Disneyland...Andy D-ick (the masseuse) was on the flight with me. We boarded the plane together and chatted. He was in Chicago that weekend for a Comedy show.
That is hysterical!
giphy.gif

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10 cont

We were done with FoP at 9:00. The park was just opening for non resort guests. We headed to Dinoland. First we rode Dinosaur. There were some really annoying cheerleaders in the preshow. Speaking of the preshow...they should totally update it and use:
giphy.gif

Ha ha ha!!!

E9C9EB46-05C3-4A50-A982-497E787B85A9.jpeg

Then we stopped to refill this bad boy
5EB4FB0A-42B8-4B2A-9556-C7CFE9F15E8C.jpeg

Who am I kidding...first we went to the restroom, then we got the popcorn. M noticed Triceratops spin with no wait so why not?
C61D2D34-2F95-4F12-8A6F-1D0BDC5AFFAC.jpeg

For my friend El⬆️

0993C138-1386-4869-8163-AB956D41D0A4.jpeg

8CECB026-9196-413F-9392-786FB5A7DD90.jpeg

9:59:58
9:59:59
And 10:00!
AFEA5BA8-C13E-40AF-9D50-F8A0E476355A.jpeg

Isn't that the saying? It’s 10:00 somewhere?

M’s sister was just getting to work so I sent her this picture. “What are you doing?” I asked her.
I can not repeat what she said because
giphy.gif

And I dont want to get banned from here😬

We had a Navi FP so back to Pandora we went.
3D1091FA-71A2-4577-8AB5-682D9E1BDE79.jpeg

We stopped to watch the drummers and an official looking CM was standing there. You know the ones, with the garbage grabber none of them ever use. I asked him if Joe was gone.
“Joe is not here today.”
“Yes he was. I saw him. He was doing an interview right over there (points).”
“Joe the drummer?”
“No! Joe Rohde!”
“Oh, he must have been doing that Nat Geo thing. No I haven't seen him.”

So I will keep my eyes peeled for a “Nat Geo thing”. If any of you see it first, please let me know.

Some of my best work
3377C86C-BFA7-4CB8-85C3-841B3EC68B80.jpeg

D6CD43C2-0F93-4078-BCE4-D28B530AF58F.jpeg

Then we saw Lion King. M was amazed at the bird on a wire routine.
The beers were hitting us. Time to find a restroom before the safari. When I came out M was doing a little dance
giphy.gif

Men’s room was closed. We were cutting it close to FP end time. Off to Asia we went. While he did his thing, I did mine
8C73DF83-1FC4-4D7B-B1FE-844F67D72CB0.jpeg

You will notice only two flavors. The third was pure liquid. The lady in front of me got it. I said, “that’s not frozen. I am sure they will let you exchange it for one that is.”
She answered, “It’s got alcohol, I am good!”😂

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Monday February 10th cont

We walked and sipped. Sipped and walked. All the way to the Safari FP line. There was a big family, 12-15 people, all in matching shirts. One of the men, pushing a stroller had an extra accessory...around his ANKLE!!😮

Front row!!!
EB0EBB08-9BE0-4DE4-A7D3-660346C6BCAD.jpeg

That was me a few months ago❤️
5677CA6D-A7DA-4595-864A-79F42C65B86D.jpeg

Giraffes....
D04762C4-05E6-462F-BF63-CCC6320C7E49.jpeg

40CD8908-4F36-45C0-A7FB-C87791AC58B4.jpeg

Trunk up loves. You can do it.
7BBD04BE-BA8E-44B8-93CD-C9EDEF2FD683.jpeg

Or not.

A8BD2196-9862-4991-A159-385D91557D6B.jpeg

CB1E3588-6938-48D3-A993-14988F91834D.jpeg

931AAAFF-C5B4-406F-BFAB-3F4466C313EB.jpeg

The Rhinos were representing today!

Lions
DD332E76-A93C-4CE6-8122-5B95B22ACE6D.jpeg

Fake Ostrich eggs mixed with some real ones perhaps? How many fake ones are usually there? I thought it was three but I really do not know. Anyone???
517E69AA-969B-48E4-B101-9B849CCD306A.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom