News Chapek FIRED, Iger New CEO

Ponderer

Bob Chapek is now head of the company. The one who slashed budgets left and right ahead of the opening of the biggest themed lands in Disney Parks history. The one who thought a strategic partnership with Target was genius. If there's a silver lining here, I cannot see it.

it should also be noted that Iger didn’t leave and is going to run the board and creative development.

DonaldDoleWhip

"Above all the acquisitions of content, and above all the advancements in technology, Bob Iger staked his personal legacy on opening an ambitious new Magic Kingdom in Shanghai, China. In his eyes, the company's future depended on it."

This quote from The Imagineering Story has been stuck in my head for weeks, and I have to say it hasn't aged well...

jrhwdw

I'm suddenly starting to lose my optimism for WDW's 50th Anniversary. :(
People started losing that before today!!! Maybe Chapek will kick ABC &ESPN out of the Company, Fine with me!!! More money for the parks!!!

Granted SWGE was hard to get going but wasn't Disney+ a smashing Success? That should make Iger look good right???

KBLovedDisney

I am totally out of the Disney-love loop in that although this news is surprising, I am unaware of what Chapek did wrong before. Can someone clue me in please, like in a short sentence perhaps?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom