News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

Will the recent updates in FP+ for MF:SR and MMRR along with the readjustment of tiers help alleviate the burden on getting boarding groups right at park open? I’ll answer my own question. I’m guessing not. As long as everyone is doing the same thing at park open regardless of plans in the park, nothing changes.
Yeah, I’d think that while people are excited and looking forward to MMRR, ROTR is still their priority.

TomOutEast

How do they skip the transport? Do they just walk from the queue into the starship - via an unusual/backstage route presumably if not going into Rey's room or the transport??
Ugh!! That sounds like an empty the queue and start over kind of moment to me if you have to skip both of those!
--or is that just my spoiled view from experiencing the attraction only in it's entirety?

I've only ever skipped the preshows (I went once in Jan) so this is what I can tell you.

Once you get to the big room with two cargo looking doors, if you are sent out the left door, directly into the outside area and ushered to your left and into a hallway (a plain old hallway) the prehshows are down or being skipped. You'll walk into the stormtropper room from the side instead of straight on and then continue, per normal, from there.

KevinPage

🔥 HOT 🔥 OFF THE PRESSES

2DB764B7-4204-4603-AC17-CE4C88B23536.gif

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Yeah, I’d think that while people are excited and looking forward to MMRR, ROTR is still their priority.
While I'm of the opinion that until reliability and capacity are significantly improved, boarding groups are the best way to handle the demand, I think one of the downsides is that if you have any interest whatsoever in riding ROTR, there's no reason not to try for a boarding group. So folks showing up for MMRR at ropedrop (either because they couldn't get a FP (an FP?) or just because they want to ride it as many times as possible) might as well try and get a boarding group.

So you have another headliner bringing more folks to the park without great capacity. I was really hoping they'd follow the MFSR opening for MMRR so that it could eat some people in its standby line.

I love the transformation of MGM from a 1/2 day (barely) park with my favorite ride at WDW (ToT - at least until April when I hopefully ride ROTR) to the standout it is and will be over the past 2 years. But good grief does it need a couple of people-eaters!

Rich Brownn

Interesting ride today. Almost felt like they increased the speed slightly between scenes (my imagination, I'm sure). What was unique was this was the first time I ever saw the transports in the dispatch ahead of us.

When we go to Kylo's last scene, right before he slams the door down on the escape pod hallway, we could seen the transports lining up for the escape pods. I'd never seen that before (its always been an empty hallway). I'm wondering if they are decreasing time between dispatches - maybe that's part of the current issue -- the transports may be zone intruding?

Rob562

For those in the know:

Is there a relatively spoiler-free way to tell a newbie how to tell if part of the ride has been skipped? Or will it be obvious, in terms of a big piece of the story missing?

I'd say the most spoiler free way of saying it is that if you're somewhere indoors that you see BB-8 for a little while, you'll get the full experience.

-Rob

KevinPage

Group 73. All 63 'guaranteed' groups were gone within seconds this morning. It really is a game of luck rather than first come first served!

How has this any different from any day the past few weeks/months? (Serious question)

Seems like based on how fast your fingers are, know what screens to click (and WHEN) and if you are using WIFI or cellular, has always been the main determinating factors since the lottery system has been implemented.

The low guaranteed BG #’s has been the obvious change though.

Trackmaster

Yup, it is and it’s not right, here’s hoping they can up capacity for a month from now when I bring my parents. Also, no groups called yet.

I think that the best thing to do is just to stay away until this all gets sorted out. Its still operating at half capacity and experiencing breakdowns. The Rise at DLR isn't open yet, so all the Star Wars geeks and FOMOers across the world have to come here to get it in. Hopefully when the dust settles, it'll get put on FP+ so people will have to at least pay a price for their reservations at the cost of other rides. At least opening up the stand-by will help, as people will have to put some skin in the game, and not just get a free low wait ride on it with no real cost associated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom