News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RSoxNo1

An obvious solution would involve allowing guests staying on property to schedule one ride per stay in advance. What’s the point of MM+ if you still have to show up for a thirty second lottery at park opening?
They're allowed to book 3 attractions in advance at the 60+9 days out mark as you know. Rise of the Resistance isn't included in that because the scheduling and operations of that attraction aren't consistent enough to know how its going to be performing that far in advance.

Alternatively if you were to do it a week out, that would limit access to only resort guests. There simply aren't enough spots to go around due to the ride's issues. You would also just be shifting when the mad rush for access would take place.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm a passholder that goes at least once a week since I was 18 (over 20 years). I can promise you I spend way more money in a year at WDW that anyone staying for a week or two at concierge level, and I'm spending that money all the time, even when it's slow.

Passholders are Disney's bread and butter.

your discretionary spending budget does not increase with the more visits you make. That's why having 20 different customers vs one customer visiting 20 times is always going to win.

you may spend more than one individual in that year timeframe if you visit 52 times... but you are not going to outspend 52 different people combined who are spending on a vacation splurge.

RSoxNo1

This statement is completely false and I’ve worked directly with the numbers. If you told WDW that they could have you once a week or 52 different tourists over that same time period they would take the tourists each and every time. And within those tourists there is a hierarchy of value (international tourists, domestic west vs east of the Mississippi, staying on/off property, etc). All of these groups are the bread and butter. APs are a nice way to fill in available capacity but are not the main focus of driving profit for the resort.
You're absolutely correct, until there's an economic downturn. Disney has long taken AP holders for granted but there was a trend in recent years where they were finding ways to fix that. Then they increased prices by 20-25% within the last year.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I turned off my phone at 7:50am, turned it back on at 7:55am, made sure I was not on the Wifi, opened the MDE app at 7:57am, my husband had his phone on to a clock app that had the seconds showing, then right at 8:00.00 I clicked the join boarding group, added my husband (his was the only other name on my friends and family list), and was done. Not gonna lie, when boarding group 2 popped up, I actually gasped and then we immediately walked over to RoR (we had been standing by the Star Wars Launch Bay in the long line for Toy Story Land).

when you say you clicked join boarding groups... I assume you had the app at the homepage and clicked "find out more" and thensaw join boarding groups?

TTA94

Million dollar question im sure but what’s the odds the boarding group process will change/improve come the Easter time frame in April? I know I’m far from the only one who longs for this to happen but it sure would be nice to go to DHS in the afternoon or evening and be able to either wait in a standby line or get a FP 🙄.

Sure would be nice if they started to offer EMH for this or something.

Weather_Lady

Million dollar question im sure but what’s the odds the boarding group process will change/improve come the Easter time frame in April? I know I’m far from the only one who longs for this to happen but it sure would be nice to go to DHS in the afternoon or evening and be able to either wait in a standby line or get a FP 🙄.

Sure would be nice if they started to offer EMH for this or something.

Nothing can get better until the attraction's performance gets better.

They're running it these days for the shortest number of hours since it opened (which theoretically means they have more time every night to make adjustments and fix things), and yet the reliability is inexplicably getting worse and worse. As long as capacity remains so terrible (with present boarding groups guaranteeing rides to less than 20% of HS's average daily guests, and many of the lucky few spending extra hours in line with nothing but bananas and bottled water to console them, getting dumped from a queue, or otherwise needing multiple attempts to get through the thing), they're stuck with the boarding group process.

Last edited:

TTA94

MMRR just announced that FP+ is available for opening day...….I wonder how this is going to affect everything...………….

Clearly Disney has confidence in MMRR to run without any issues. Unlike Rise. I’m guessing that’s the reason anyway. That or MMRR will be very underwhelming compared to Rise lol.

Weather_Lady

MMRR just announced that FP+ is available for opening day...….I wonder how this is going to affect everything...………….

It should help in terms of adding capacity to the park (and reducing lines other places). However, any hope that it might help with RoTR (e.g., if MMRR had boarding groups, but you could only be in one boarding group and therefore had to choose between MMRR and RoTR) is dashed.

TTA94

It should help in terms of adding capacity to the park (and reducing lines other places). However, any hope that it might help with RoTR (e.g., if MMRR had boarding groups, but you could only be in one boarding group and therefore had to choose between MMRR and RoTR) is dashed.

Yup sadly this will have little to no effect on Rise, Well, unless Rise boarding group times and those waiting standby for MMRR might have a effect, but doubtful.

KevinPage

Got me FP+ for MMRR on opening night (kids out of school and me home from work), then again on Saturday night (7th). Tried to get 12:30pm to time it for a post RISE ride but by time I got to confirmation screen, it was already gone 😳

Now the app is swamped and timing out with everyone on there grabbing ‘em 😳

MJJME

I'm a passholder that goes at least once a week since I was 18 (over 20 years). I can promise you I spend way more money in a year at WDW that anyone staying for a week or two at concierge level, and I'm spending that money all the time, even when it's slow.

Passholders are Disney's bread and butter.
No. You are missing the point. You go once per week, but a new family checks in every Saturday (theoretically). You are being compared to everyone in a hotel room for every day of the year. For eg...…..A family of 4 comes for a week and buys 7 day park hopper...…...those tickets cost just as much as your annual pass. Then Disney rents that room the following week to the next family and their tickets cost just as much as your annual pass, etc, etc etc......….SO they make 52x ona resort guest than they do on an annual passholder and thats just on tickets alone......…...Never mind the cost of the hotel room, they go to the parks/restaurants/golf courses/concessions/merch every day unlike you once per week...………….They make way more off the resort guest

disneygeek90

Got me FP+ for MMRR on opening night (kids out of school and me home from work), then again on Saturday night (7th). Tried to get 12:30pm to time it for a post RISE ride but by time I got to confirmation screen, it was already gone 😳

Now the app is swamped and timing out with everyone on there grabbing ‘em 😳
How bout you flip that opening night one over to me ;)

Looks like I was a few mins too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom