Bay lake or poly with toddlers

JonT36

Original Poster
Going in November looking to stay at bay lake or Polynesian with a 2 and 1 year old? Which resort would be a better fit? Probably be a 1 bedroom at blt and a studio at poly but that would save money. Which one is better around the holidays? Is splitting the stay to experience both kit worth it?

thanks

Club Cooloholic

I think being able to avoid elevators is always nice with little ones so, book a ground floor unit in Poly. Plus, they have a great pools for little ones and lots of grass to let them run around on.

correcaminos

You mentioned Bay Lake specifically. Unless you are doing a 1 bedroom there the clear winner for me is Polynesian. Not even close. The studios at Bay Lake are tiny and not well laid out. I wouldn't want to share a bed with one being a sleeper sofa either. Also November is a very busy DVC time. If you have not looked you may not get a room there.

Yes, you can walk to MK, but that walk can be miserable in bad weather. The pool at BLT is small and little sunlight hits as the day goes on. I find BLT to be quite noisy too. If the resort monorail is having issues (happens enough) it is a pain to get to and from Epcot.

Polynesian gets it for a much better pool and lobby. The ability to walk to TTC and GF if you like. Eaiser transportation to Epcot. Multiple options for MK. Way bigger rooms.

jaklgreen

Walking to MK is a great benefit. When our kids were young, we stayed at the Contemporary for many stays. Of course, it was much, much cheaper back then. But you can't beat the convenience. And little kids don't care about the theme. If there is a pool, they are happy. Go with what works best for you, as the adult. Your kid will have a great time if you are.

correcaminos

I would take the monorail then.
We've done BLT enough and when the monorail is backed up sooo far back, it's not great either, or down completely. I've had that happen. BLT is nice, but it's not my favorite for getting to and from the MK in bad weather. Epcot is loathsome to me at times from there.

My other issues stand though. If wanting a studio, it's a huge hard pass for me with BLT. It's not comfortable at all there for a family due to the layout and lack of size. Also, if not booked, that time of year is quickly booking up, so it may or may not have availability. 1 bedroom lake view is good to go for November. Lake view studio is varied. All others will be unlikely. If not a DVC owner, I'm not sure people realize how hard fall is to book. So to rent you need to pay a premium to do so.

JonT36

Original Poster
If looking to rent 650 points in November/December for rooms what are chances of landing a monorail or Epcot resort, even something like a 2 bedroom?

MissViv

I would pick Poly. Lots of green grass and sand for kiddos to play. Also, they show movies at night on the putting green. You can swim and watch the fireworks from the pool.

I just love BLT . . . maybe it's memories of the contemporary from my childhood. There are so many benefits: You can see the fireworks from the bridge over to the contemporary, walking to Magic Kingdom is sooooo convenient . . . Electric water parade at night, seeing the castle from your resort. Chef Mickey right next door. Access to the monorail if you don't want to walk. Boat ride to Wilderness lodge for a quick visit. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either choice; I am just partial to BLT!

correcaminos

If looking to rent 650 points in November/December for rooms what are chances of landing a monorail or Epcot resort, even something like a 2 bedroom?
At this point? Not good for that many points. 2 bedrooms will vary depending on week. Availability is spotty.

BASS

Going in November looking to stay at bay lake or Polynesian with a 2 and 1 year old? Which resort would be a better fit? Probably be a 1 bedroom at blt and a studio at poly but that would save money. Which one is better around the holidays? Is splitting the stay to experience both kit worth it?

thanks

I'd advise against a split stay if you have kids. With the little ones and all the "stuff" you have to bring specifically for them, that will just add stress.

I think both are fantastic choices with access to the Monorail, so personally I'd go with whichever one is cheaper. If cost is the same, Poly IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom