DHS FastPass Tiers Have Changed along with FP+ for Smugglers Run

nickys

Premium Member
Which is related to how studios drops additional fastpass inventory. The Fastpasses are available within an hour or 2. But at the time of the window they are booked out.

Which window are you referring to? At the 30 day window, both have been easy to get since they changed the tiers in the summer. And can be picked up easily for any day from tomorrow through next week, month right now.

Have a look at this page from Touring Plans. It will completely refute your assertion it has to do with same day drops. You can change the date and it shows you what is available. This is tomorrow’s availability for DHS. ToT and RnR have availability throughout the day. That is not due to FP drops.

peter11435

Which window are you referring to? At the 30 day window, both have been easy to get since they changed the tiers in the summer. And can be picked up easily for any day from tomorrow through next week, month right now.

Have a look at this page from Touring Plans. It will completely refute your assertion it has to do with same day drops. You can change the date and it shows you what is available. This is tomorrow’s availability for DHS. ToT and RnR have availability throughout the day. That is not due to FP drops.

You are misunderstanding. I’m not referring to the booking windows. I am referring to the return windows. Yes, these fast passes are available up to and including day of. And due to daily fast pass drops you can often get fast passes for attractions that are valid within a couple of hours.

My point was that these attractions regularly book out of their fastpass inventory and will continue to do so. By the time a return window opens all available fastpasses for that slot have been selected. Thus regardless of tier placement the same number of guests will be utilizing fastpass. This change will make it harder to get a fast pass for Tower of terror or rockin roller coaster. But it should not impact standby wait times.

nickys

Premium Member
You are misunderstanding. I’m not referring to the booking windows. I am referring to the return windows. Yes, these fast passes are available up to and including day of. And due to daily fast pass drops you can often get fast passes for attractions that are valid within a couple of hours.

My point was that these attractions regularly book out of their fastpass inventory and will continue to do so. By the time a return window opens all available fastpasses for that slot have been selected. Thus regardless of tier placement the same number of guests will be utilizing fastpass. This change will make it harder to get a fast pass for Tower of terror or rockin roller coaster. But it should not impact standby wait times.

Ah, sorry. 😳 Yes, I totally misunderstood what you were saying lol!

RSoxNo1

Just to be clear, it looks like this is more DAK rules than the previous DHS and Ep rules. If Slinky Dog and Smugglers Run have no availability, you can select 3 Fastpasses from the other group.

nickys

Premium Member
Just to be clear, it looks like this is more DAK rules than the previous DHS and Ep rules. If Slinky Dog and Smugglers Run have no availability, you can select 3 Fastpasses from the other group.

Ummm, you can do that at any park. You never have to pick a tier1 FP if you don’t want to.

RSoxNo1

Have a tier1 FP? Not unless it’s changed very, very recently. And completely by-passed every WDW trip planning site in the process! Perfectly possible to book SSE, Mission Space and Nemo if you want to.

What makes you think so?
When booking Fastpasses on the site it does say choose 1 of Soarin/Epcot Forever/Frozen Ever After (Test Track isn't available right now). I guess I was mistaken.

nickys

Premium Member
When booking Fastpasses on the site it does say choose 1 of Soarin/Epcot Forever/Frozen Ever After (Test Track isn't available right now). I guess I was mistaken.

It actually says that for every park. And causes a lot of confusion, it’s a pretty regular question that comes up, “if I don’t want a tier 1, can I book three tier 2”? I do remember when Pandora opened, and the tiers were created for the first time at AK, they did explain it.

But it applies in each park. You can always book three tier 2 FPs if you want to.

The_Jobu

Here's my pie in the sky perfect day FP plan, courtesy of touringplans.com

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 1.58.13 PM.png

Resistance will be whenever, Smuggler's Run and Railway I'm not sure. Maybe rope drop one before Slinky expires and the other at end of day?

Tricky business this.

mikejs78

Premium Member
So - one data point only and it's just a snapshot in time. Things will have to be measured over the next two weeks to see real trends, but:

* At 9 AM today, with FP+, MF:SR had a wait time of 140 minutes. Contrast that to yesterday, without FO, and the wait time at 9 AM was 160 minutes.
* Contrast that to Slinky, which both today and yesterday had wait times at 9AM of 180 minutes (so similar crowd levels...)

Will be interesting to watch as the day goes on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom