Could someone explain monorail bag check?

BeautyBelle

I have tried to research this, but it seems like Disney is constantly under constructions and I cannot find a recent post on this. Thank you in advance for any advice!

I am staying at the Grand Floridian in March and we will do one day at the Magic Kingdom and one at Epcot. I am trying to decide if I need to get my family to do bag-free to avoid the spring break bag check lines. Is there a monorail bag check before I arrive at MK and before I get on the Epcot line at TTC? If so, will I be able to circumvent bag check lines when we get to each park?

thank you!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Bag check at monorail resorts is situated just before getting to the monorail station.
When going to MK you will not go through a bag check after that.
When going to EPCOT you'll also have to go to bag check at the EPCOT entrance (I'm hoping that they are creating a space for those that came from the monorail therefore have already been checked to walk through vs doing bag check twice like they have been doing).
I would not try to avoid taking a bag just due to bag check.
Its really not THAT bad.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When going to EPCOT you'll also have to go to bag check at the EPCOT entrance (I'm hoping that they are creating a space for those that came from the monorail therefore have already been checked to walk through vs doing bag check twice like they have been doing).
This is no longer the case. Guests arriving at Epcot via monorail now exit into a "secured" zone....no secondary bag check required!

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Well, we last went in September when there was supposed to be a hurricane and the parks were fairly empty. So comparatively, I am planning for the worst.
The only time you'll feel it is in the afternoons in Fantasyland. Spring break isn't a concentrated single week when EVERYBODY is off like Christmas or Thanksgiving, so the parks will be above average but not crushing.

Upvote 0

hanwill

I disagree about the bag check lines not being a thing for spring break. I was there a couple of years ago with my family for spring break- and we went to Epcot for early entry. We are early risers- and we were on the front end of arrivals that day. Well, imagine my surprise when we went to bag check and they shuffled us under the monorail walkway to another bag check on the left.... and it took us over 30 minutes to get our bag checked. It was the biggest crowd for checks I had seen- and totally unexpected. We saw crowds for bag check at each park at peak entry times...but I wouldn't worry too much about it on the monorail lines. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom