Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Also, I’m in big agreement that Rise is the most well themed attraction in a Disney park. I love that the ceilings are detailed and the experience feels complete, alongside maybe my favorite ride vehicles of any attraction.

Once again though, part of the reason it’s possible is because the set design is so static. It’s much harder to do complete theming with concepts like Flight, Indy, or Springs. Cool grey spaceship is easier to pull off than an forested alien world or a crumbling temple.
I disagree. Indy is a very well themed ride and the queue is better than rise.

TrainsOfDisney

The queue is a LOT better than Rise. I more meant that it’s harder to make it look complete (some visible showlights, or that one fog projection scene).

??? You have to really be looking for visible show lights to see them in Indy. Apparently you can also see them in Rise? I don’t remember seeing them in either attraction or in radiator springs racers.

I also question arguing that rise is a better attraction because it has a themed ceiling.

I think that Rise is up there with the best, like Indy and like radiator springs and splash, etc. I don’t think it surpasses it by leaps and bounds and if it does, it’s because of the whole experience with pre-shows.... but that can easily be budget cut down the road... I remember when rock n roller coaster had a cm in the studio handling guitars and outside doing “construction work” - those guys are long gone.

Viget

Lefou I'm afraid I've been thinking...

This topic may be verboten about Rise, so mods, please feel free to delete. However after riding it twice this weekend, something occurred to me... Where are the ECVs? I haven't seen any.

How are folks with impaired mobility being accommodated? Cause I know that's gotta be a problem with the ride design. Cascading supply-demand mismatch will lead to ride failure and reset. I have some theories about how Disney might be dealing with this but I don't want to irresponsibly speculate ..

disneygeek90

Lefou I'm afraid I've been thinking...

This topic may be verboten about Rise, so mods, please feel free to delete. However after riding it twice this weekend, something occurred to me... Where are the ECVs? I haven't seen any.

How are folks with impaired mobility being accommodated? Cause I know that's gotta be a problem with the ride design. Cascading supply-demand mismatch will lead to ride failure and reset. I have some theories about how Disney might be dealing with this but I don't want to irresponsibly speculate ..
Once before entering pre show 1, someone behind me with one asked the CM about it. They said they would transfer later. I’m guessing it is right before the ride portion.

disneygeek90

Isn’t the effect the same? Cm’s as part of the pre-show and indoor q experience?
Uhhh not even close. Lately when I’ve been on RNRC, the CM’s usually yell for the backstage passes now. It’s a little corny but whatever. ROTR preshows and cast involvement is vital to the overall experience. Someone coming out of a room to pick up a guitar? Not so much.
But where do they load?

There are only 4 load rooms.

Load time is of the essence. So is unload.
Not 100% sure. I don’t think they’re taking them somewhere else, if that’s what you’re alluding to. I’ve had a couple rides that have taken a little longer in the load room, as well as a slight delay for the final preshow to start. I would guess that could be the effect.

TrainsOfDisney

Uhhh not even close. Lately when I’ve been on RNRC, the CM’s usually yell for the backstage passes now. It’s a little corny but whatever. ROTR preshows and cast involvement is vital to the overall experience. Someone coming out of a room to pick up a guitar? Not so much.

I think we agree... I was saying look at what the rnrc pre-show was when it opened vs. what it is now? Now imagine Rise when they cut the number of extra cast that are there for show.

I would argue that yelling for backstage passes isn’t more corny than yelling to hurry up and get on a “transport ship” ;)

disneygeek90

I think we agree... I was saying look at what the rnrc pre-show was when it opened vs. what it is now? Now imagine Rise when they cut the number of extra cast that are there for show.

I would argue that yelling for backstage passes isn’t more corny than yelling to hurry up and get on a “transport ship” ;)
I don’t agree with your last statement at all lol, I eat that up with a spoon every time they say that on Rise. But I sure hope that the integrity of this ride stays the course for the most part. It’s vital to the experience.

Viget

I don’t agree with your last statement at all lol, I eat that up with a spoon every time they say that on Rise. But I sure hope that the integrity of this ride stays the course for the most part. It’s vital to the experience.

I’m pretty sure the number of well trained cast members is actually VITAL to the continued smooth operation of the attraction. They may cut it back slightly once all the kinks are 100% ironed out, but I think it can’t be by a lot if they want to keep the attraction uptime reasonable to meet demand. In other words, it’s not just for show.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m pretty sure the number of well trained cast members is actually VITAL to the continued smooth operation of the attraction. They may cut it back slightly once all the kinks are 100% ironed out, but I think it can’t be by a lot if they want to keep the attraction uptime reasonable to meet demand. In other words, it’s not just for show.

That’s part of my point... the attraction was designed to have a huge number of cms operating it. 4 interrogation rooms correct? So that’s 8 vehicle loaders, 4 stand on your color people.. 2 at unload... right there that is 14.

With my comparison to rnrc... the extra cms in the q weren’t just for show either. They kept the line moving at the right pace while also adding to the theme and experience. And no I’m not comparing Rise to rnrc... I’m just pointing out that historically speaking the extras get cut.

disneygeek90

That’s part of my point... the attraction was designed to have a huge number of cms operating it. 4 interrogation rooms correct? So that’s 8 vehicle loaders, 4 stand on your color people.. 2 at unload... right there that is 14.

With my comparison to rnrc... the extra cms in the q weren’t just for show either. They kept the line moving at the right pace while also adding to the theme and experience. And no I’m not comparing Rise to rnrc... I’m just pointing out that historically speaking the extras get cut.
The person going in and grabbing a guitar and walking out is 100% for show (and not a very important or good one, at that).

TrainsOfDisney

The person going in and grabbing a guitar and walking out is 100% for show (and not a very important or good one, at that).

Did they not help get people into the room? It’s been like 10 years so I can’t remember. I do remember the construction worker that was in between the studio and the parking garage would keep the line moving and keep the q filled.

Haymarket2008

Went on the ride for the first time last week. It is fantastic, thrilling and heart pounding. I agree with some posters on here that the full queue experience is almost better than the ride itself. That lead up into and through the transport ship is perfection. So exciting. I'm not going to echo all the amazing things this ride has to deliver that others already have, but.....

My only negatives: I will say that the criticisms concerning the "lack of diverse settings/a maze of hallways and pipes" is very much my biggest gripe. And the fact that there are ZERO Stormtrooper AA's in the entire ride is just unforgivable. They paid money for, what?, almost 50 of them to stand in the hangar? The projected Stormtroopers are SUPER cool, but c'mon. Also they need to fill in the deadspace/transitions.

That being said, it is a top tier experience and I am so happy it exists. But far from perfect. (Hot take: Indiana Jones Adventure is better.)

Last edited:

TrojanUSC

Did they not help get people into the room? It’s been like 10 years so I can’t remember. I do remember the construction worker that was in between the studio and the parking garage would keep the line moving and keep the q filled.

There is a CM in the room that helps with that. There was another position of somebody going into the studio from the recording booth area and grabbing the guitar. That was cut, along with a "traffic cop" position, shortly after opening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom