Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

NYwdwfan

As an aside - we used to have a "Tea with Belle" doll that would sing a song with lyrics, "Tea for you, tea for me" when you pressed her hand. After a few years it ended up in the bottom of the toy chest and the batteries started to go. When I was cleaning out the toys, I pressed the hand, for old time's sake, and she sweetly sang, "tea for you" and then in a horrifyingly demonic voice growled, "tea for me". We all screamed.

trr1

17 Jan NATIONAL BOOTLEGGER’S DAY

17 JAN NATIONAL HOT BUTTERED RUM DAY

18 JAN NATIONAL WINNIE THE POOH DAY

18 JAN NATIONAL THESAURUS DAY

18 JAN NATIONAL PEKING DUCK DAY

18 JAN NATIONAL USE YOUR GIFT CARD DAY

18 JAN NATIONAL MICHIGAN DAY

19 JAN WORLD QUARK DAY

19 JAN NATIONAL POPCORN DAY

20 JAN NATIONAL CHEESE LOVER’S DAY

20 JAN NATIONAL BUTTERCRUNCH DAY

20 JAN MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY

20 JAN NATIONAL DISC JOCKEY DAY

21 JAN NATIONAL GRANOLA BAR DAY

21 JAN SQUIRREL APPRECIATION DAY

21 JAN NATIONAL HUGGING DAY

22 JAN NATIONAL BLONDE BROWNIE DAY

22 JAN LIBRARY SHELFIE DAY

23 JAN NATIONAL PIE DAY

23 JAN NATIONAL HANDWRITING DAY

MinnieM123

Premium Member
As an aside - we used to have a "Tea with Belle" doll that would sing a song with lyrics, "Tea for you, tea for me" when you pressed her hand. After a few years it ended up in the bottom of the toy chest and the batteries started to go. When I was cleaning out the toys, I pressed the hand, for old time's sake, and she sweetly sang, "tea for you" and then in a horrifyingly demonic voice growled, "tea for me". We all screamed.

Funniest thing I've read all day! :hilarious:

InnKpr

Not sure what to make of this:
If it were me, in this high-tech world we live in, I'd have surveillance cameras ready, let the ghost play it's little game, turn in my footage for authenticity verification, retire off my millions for being the first to ever record (real) eyewitness accounts of said groundbreaking phenomenon, use part of my earnings to buy lifetime WDW passes for family, friends, you all, etc.

Or just let the ghost doll do it's thing and I verbally tell others what I saw and trust they take me seriously. Whichever works.

trr1

I made an appointment to show an inventory house this weekend, but we are also expecting some caca weather, so I gave the guy my business card and wrote my personal cell phone number on it.

Before I handed it to him, I said, “This is my personal number. You are not to call me ... we are not friends ... you are only to text me if something comes up and you can’t make it”.

He then asked if he should burn the card after our appointment.

I said yes.
you should have said to eat it 🤣

Goofyernmost

It's only a matter of time before we start receiving calls from Jennifer's # telling us our car warranty has expired.
You get those too? I average at least one per week. My car is new with a 4 year warranty, I've tried to tell them I don't have a car that needs a warranty extension, but, they just don't listen. Different number on the caller ID every time.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
You get those too? I average at least one per week. My car is new with a 4 year warranty, I've tried to tell them I don't have a car that needs a warranty extension, but, they just don't listen. Different number on the caller ID every time.
I’ve had four calls from “Service Canada” today threatening to jail me if I don’t voluntarily surrender to a “magistrate”. I never actually stayed on the line, but I’m sure my “debt” could have been settled with some WalMart or iTunes gift cards.

I’m not familiar with the car warranty scam. Can the extension also be paid with gift cards ... or BitCoin only?

PUSH

Original Poster
I have gotten calls for years for someone named David Farey (spoiler alert: not my name), saying if I don't call back within 24 hours legal action will be taken against me. I block the numbers, and then a couple months later they call back from a different number, again saying 24 hours before legal action is taken. In their world 24 hours is equal to 2 or 4 years in my world.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

I don't get those calls. They do, however, send me "notices" in the mail about my warranty nearing expiration. Um, my car is a 2007 . . . just sayin' :hilarious:

Goofyernmost

I don't get those calls. They do, however, send me "notices" in the mail about my warranty nearing expiration. Um, my car is a 2007 . . . just sayin' :hilarious:
That's how it starts, then they start calling when you aren't courteous enough to call them at the number on the notice. Oh, you'll pay for not signing up. A few years back when I started getting them in the mail is when I owned my old Cadillac. It had 150K miles on it and was costing me a fortune to keep on the road. I really thought the whole thing was legit at the time because I fit the profile. Then when I got the new car and still got them it became obvious it was a scam. Either way I wasn't going to sign on with the old car, much less the new one. That was 4 years ago and they still keep trying.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom