Pre-Trip We're going back home to Walt Disney World!

Hey folks! Hubs and I are headed back to Walt Disney World. It has been 535 days since our last trip to WDW (not that I counted our anything). But we weren't Disney free we were annual passholders for Disneyland last year which was great. WDW is "home" though so we are excited to be headed back.

So let's start with some details....
Who: Me (Amy) and hubs (Brad)
IMG_8900.JPG

Where: Pop Century
When: March 5-14

So today was our fast pass day and I faithfully got up early to get my fast passes. I have become a huge fan of Disneyland's Maxpass system so getting into the groove of this fast pass 60 days in advance thing is a little tough. Well, I logged into my computer made two fast passes and then boom...I was logged out. Tried to get in and it wouldn't recognize my password. It kept saying it was the wrong password.....ummm no it wasn't. So I grabbed my phone and luckily I could still make my fast passes and right after I finished getting the fp's and taking screen shots...boom! Logged out and couldn't get back in. Hubs couldn't get in either, so I realized it wasn't me but probably something on Disney's end. I figured I was lucky to get my fp's and I was thankful I thought to take screen shots of them. Well, apparently there was a problem on Disney's end as I read about on another site later. Whew, glad I got in when I did!

We do have some fun stuff planned. Brad is a huge Star Wars fan and is really looking forward to Rise of the Resistance and making his light saber. He saved that experience for WDW and chose to make his droids in Disneyland. I'm really looking forward to becoming a regular at the Baseline Taphouse again, haha! We also have Villains event, Frozen dessert party, and Rose & Crown dining package booked for Epcot Forever.

Anyway, I'll share more plans later. But I'm very curious if any other WDW magicians will be there during that time, it would be fun to have a magical meetup!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
i can’t remember your dates, but if the summertime don’t forget what Mark Twain is attributed to saying about San Fran: « the coldest winter I ever saw was a summer in San Francisco » 😉

I went to San Francisco in June and I actually thought about that Mark Twain quote, but I don't think Mark Twain ever spent a winter where I live! It can get subzero for my winters! The temps in SF were pleasant, even hit the low 70's, now that is some nice weather, at least for me.

Loco_driver

I went to San Francisco in June and I actually thought about that Mark Twain quote, but I don't think Mark Twain ever spent a winter where I live! It can get subzero for my winters! The temps in SF were pleasant, even hit the low 70's, now that is some nice weather, at least for me.
Leaving Texas in July, if the temps are in the 70s I may get downright cold! I’m looking forward to it! We visited Niagara Falls a few years ago in June, and the Canadians thought it was hilarious how cold we were, but it’s jarring if you’ve been experiencing 100 degree days, to go to highs in the 60s!

Swissmiss

Premium Member

When I lived in the Bay Area many moons ago, I took it more as his reflection on the summer than the winter. It would be kind of amusing to see people who lived in the city but worked on the Peninsula - they would start the day off well covered and remove layers as they « went south » and those that did the opposite commute would be adding layers as they approached the city 😉

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Your trip reports for WDW are always so addicting. I can't wrap my brain around over 500 days for you guys without being in WDW. Oy to the vie.

Hopefully either in March or Summer our trips will overlap, might meet you quicker down there over up here. Giggle. Have fun planning.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your trip reports for WDW are always so addicting. I can't wrap my brain around over 500 days for you guys without being in WDW. Oy to the vie.

Hopefully either in March or Summer our trips will overlap, might meet you quicker down there over up here. Giggle. Have fun planning.

That would be great if our trips overlap! I'm looking forward to getting back there, it's been too long, but at least I had Disneyland.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is a rough outline of our plans

Thursday March 5
Fly In and head to Pop
Travel by Skyliner (or Uber) to Dolphin and pick up rental car and travel to visit my dad for the afternoon/evening (he lives about an hour north of WDW)
After visiting my dad go to the outlet and/or Disney Springs (to upgrade package pass to an AP)
Early night hopefully because of the early travel out of Minneapolis

Friday March 6
Brad is going golfing to either Lake Buena Vista or the walking course meanwhile I plan to have breakfast at Kona Cafe and wander around on the monorail and walk around the resorts there (maybe pop into the MK)
When Brad is done golfing we will meet back at the Pop and drive to Bok Tower. We will be able to get in free because of our membership to the Minnesota Arborteum, it allows entrance at many gardens around the country. Has anyone ever been? It looks lovely.
Then travel back to WDW and drop car off at the Dolphin and have dinner before heading to the Villains party at the MK

Saturday March 7
Start the morning at the MK with lunch at Skipper Canteen. We love this restaurant, I'm really looking forward to the chicken. I love the spicy sauce on the chicken and I hope they still have the secret menu cheese bread
Evening plans: probably back to MK for fireworks

Sunday March 8
Start at Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Toledo
Back to HS for Star Wars fireworks (Brad's really looking forward to these)

Monday March 9
Animal Kingdom morning
Hopefully lunch with beverages and a little food at Nomad Lounge!
Probably Rivers of Light later that night

Tuesday March 10
Epcot lunch today will be grazing at the Flower & Garden booths
Epcot Forever dining package at the Rose and Crown (looking forward to bangers and mash and the ales!) I am very much looking forward to seeing this show in person. I really like the music, except for A Whole New World at the end, I'm not a fan of that song anyway. I listen to a recording from YouTube and I always tear up when I hear some of the old Epcot music.

Wednesday March 11
Hollywood Studios again today. Brad gets to build his lightsaber, he was saving this for his WDW Galaxy's Edge experience as he did the droids in Disneyland. We will also be going to Oga's and I plan for a stop at Baseline Taphouse.
Evening plans: maybe MK but we are flexible here

Thursday March 12
Epcot morning more Flower and Garden eats
Evening: have the Frozen dessert party booked but we'll see it might be cancelled

Friday March 13
Hollywood Studios and MK (we plan to get a boarding group if that's still in effect and then go to MK)
Evening: plans are flexible here

Saturday March 14
Magic Kingdom and Liberty Tree for lunch
We have until early evening to play so we will just go with the flow until we have to head to the airport to go back home.

B and I have tried to keep our plans fairly flexible and not plan a lot of ADR's, I think it is something we have picked up from our year in Disneyland. Plus with Food and Flower, oops, I mean Flower and Garden going on we want to eat there and there are a few lounges we have our eye on too.

Really our main goals are:
Rise of the Resistance at least once
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at least once
Brad's lightsaber
Baseline Taphouse for me
Experience Epcot forever two nights
And just having fun being back in WDW

Laurenciaa

Here is a rough outline of our plans

Thursday March 5
Fly In and head to Pop
Travel by Skyliner (or Uber) to Dolphin and pick up rental car and travel to visit my dad for the afternoon/evening (he lives about an hour north of WDW)
After visiting my dad go to the outlet and/or Disney Springs (to upgrade package pass to an AP)
Early night hopefully because of the early travel out of Minneapolis

Friday March 6
Brad is going golfing to either Lake Buena Vista or the walking course meanwhile I plan to have breakfast at Kona Cafe and wander around on the monorail and walk around the resorts there (maybe pop into the MK)
When Brad is done golfing we will meet back at the Pop and drive to Bok Tower. We will be able to get in free because of our membership to the Minnesota Arborteum, it allows entrance at many gardens around the country. Has anyone ever been? It looks lovely.
Then travel back to WDW and drop car off at the Dolphin and have dinner before heading to the Villains party at the MK

Saturday March 7
Start the morning at the MK with lunch at Skipper Canteen. We love this restaurant, I'm really looking forward to the chicken. I love the spicy sauce on the chicken and I hope they still have the secret menu cheese bread
Evening plans: probably back to MK for fireworks

Sunday March 8
Start at Hollywood Studios
Dinner at Toledo
Back to HS for Star Wars fireworks (Brad's really looking forward to these)

Monday March 9
Animal Kingdom morning
Hopefully lunch with beverages and a little food at Nomad Lounge!
Probably Rivers of Light later that night

Tuesday March 10
Epcot lunch today will be grazing at the Flower & Garden booths
Epcot Forever dining package at the Rose and Crown (looking forward to bangers and mash and the ales!) I am very much looking forward to seeing this show in person. I really like the music, except for A Whole New World at the end, I'm not a fan of that song anyway. I listen to a recording from YouTube and I always tear up when I hear some of the old Epcot music.

Wednesday March 11
Hollywood Studios again today. Brad gets to build his lightsaber, he was saving this for his WDW Galaxy's Edge experience as he did the droids in Disneyland. We will also be going to Oga's and I plan for a stop at Baseline Taphouse.
Evening plans: maybe MK but we are flexible here

Thursday March 12
Epcot morning more Flower and Garden eats
Evening: have the Frozen dessert party booked but we'll see it might be cancelled

Friday March 13
Hollywood Studios and MK (we plan to get a boarding group if that's still in effect and then go to MK)
Evening: plans are flexible here

Saturday March 14
Magic Kingdom and Liberty Tree for lunch
We have until early evening to play so we will just go with the flow until we have to head to the airport to go back home.

B and I have tried to keep our plans fairly flexible and not plan a lot of ADR's, I think it is something we have picked up from our year in Disneyland. Plus with Food and Flower, oops, I mean Flower and Garden going on we want to eat there and there are a few lounges we have our eye on too.

Really our main goals are:
Rise of the Resistance at least once
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway at least once
Brad's lightsaber
Baseline Taphouse for me
Experience Epcot forever two nights
And just having fun being back in WDW
Looks like a good plan Amy! You can already start counting down again :) Less than 2 months :cool::cool:

Laurenciaa

This is a an excellent itinerary! I like how you paced everything, and didn't overload any of the days. (I always cringe when I read some itineraries that are just too full, realizing there's no way all of that could go smoothly. :facepalm: )
Mistake I also made when I first came to WDW in 2018, I came back home with a pair of feet who were just exhausted and no pool time :(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like a good plan Amy! You can already start counting down again :) Less than 2 months :cool::cool:
This is a an excellent itinerary! I like how you paced everything, and didn't overload any of the days. (I always cringe when I read some itineraries that are just too full, realizing there's no way all of that could go smoothly. :facepalm: )

It is a little hard not to over plan but we are determined to ease back into WDW and spend some time enjoying the park and our time without rushing around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom