News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

TPSou

It isn't necessarily the same. When I ropedropped FoP, I arrived 2 hours before official park opening to wait in line. I was about 10 people deep in line when I showed up. Over the next 90 minutes, I saw at least 4 groups of folks (between 2-7 each) show up and join the front of the various lines for their non-Disney tour guides who showed up early to save them a spot at the front of the lines. While I was annoyed, at the end of the day, it didn't affect me. But the folks that showed up an hour early got super-screwed by the line-cutters.

So while I am annoyed that they force whole groups to be tapped-in to join a boarding group, I think it is the only way to avoid a situation like I faced at FoP. Otherwise, people would rent themselves out on Favor or as a tour guide to get in line, tap in, get a boarding group for a large group of people who are happily sleeping away in their beds.

Oh yeah, but what I'm saying is, with a deposit system to weed out potential no-shows or trolls, why not let people join those boarding groups at home. Still the same time etc, but just do it from your hotel room/your home and if you get a morning boarding group, head into the park, if you get a late one, do something else then go in later, to avoid everyone who is going to be there for that day having to queue at 6am.

nickys

Premium Member
Why would you need to be in the park at opening if you have 2 hours before needing to get to the actual ride line?

Because everyone who wants to ride must already be in the park in order to sign up via the app.

This is how it works:

1) Get everyone to the park and through the tapstiles before official park opening.
2) Open the app, click on Rise of the Resistance
3) When it opens, you then see the option to “join” a boarding group
4) You will be allocated a boarding group number
5) They start “calling” groups by blocks of numbers soon after the ride ooens
6) You use the app to see when your group is called
7) You then have 2 hours to return to the ride and get in the ride line.

56srogers

There are so many comments here,and I may have missed it. Sorry for my ignorance. However How does it work if 2 people in the same party try for a boarding group.

cindy_k

4:56am the crowd is gathering at bag check. About 10 families deep. Lots of security cast members. Security check opened 4:59a.
20200106_045457.jpg

5:12am let up to the turn styles.
5:34am filling in from turnstile's to ticket booths but not up to them yet.
6:32 and we are now waiting for the ropedrop to Galaxy Edge.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

I'm going to be at Disney next week and would love to ride RotR, but I've already accepted the fact that I probably won't. We've got Hollywood Studios scheduled for Tuesday the 14th, which should help, since that's probably about as low as crowds will ever be at Disney. As much as I'd like to ride it, though, I don't care enough to get up at 5 AM just to be there to have a chance to maybe get a boarding group which might let me ride it if it doesn't break down too many times. I'd rather have a pleasant trip without wasting an evening and/or being sleep deprived. It's not like this is the last time I'll ever be at Disney and thus my only chance to ever ride it.

We will also be there next week and 1/14 is our DHS day. My girls and I will not be riding but we’re going to try for a boarding group for my husband.
Have a great trip! The weather looks hot 🥵

Dad 2 M & M

Got it !!
And can one person wait in the line with the others bands who will be riding or does every person have to be in the line? We have a 2 yr old and 4 month old so I wasn’t sure about the whole baby swap thing or if they’d have to wait for ever in the line for nothing
to further what @nickys said above....the steps in order:

1) You and your party scan your band and enter Disney Hollywood Studios .... to be safe, be inside the Park before 7:30
2) Open app....you'll see this screen 1st
3) Click Find Out More
BG.jpg

You see this screen next....click Join Boarding Group

By the way, at 7:53 this A.M. there are still back Groups available

BG1.jpg

Next screen....click on everyone in your party that you want in your Boarding Group. Your Boarding Group will be constructed from your Family and Friends list, so make sure you have added everyone to your Family and Friends!

You'll get this next:
BG 3.jpg

Then you'll get this...and you've succeeded in joining/building your Boarding Group! Our group was created at 7:32 A.M. and wasn't called until 7:41 P.M.....you'll see more below

BG 4.jpg

Finally you receive this, prompting you to head over to the ride....you'll notice our group wasn't called until 7:41 P.M., and we were given to 9:41 P.M. to make it over to the ride que (9:41 is 41 mins AFTER Park Closing)

BG 5.jpg

Once you make over to the Que, you'll scan once where all the CM "Guards" are making sure no one gets in without a BG. This is a holding area just outside the ride; I assume this is for those people who have arrived and are waiting for the rest of their Boarding Group. Then you'll scan again as you enter the actual line....once you've gotten in line, the line moves very swiftly, almost so swift you'll slow down just to absorb the line que....it is pretty cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom