Imaginations Design Competition

bcoachable

Original Poster
As many may be aware... and since there is such an interest for this kind of thing in this forum, I thought I would place this here...

Disney hosts this competition that is open to College Kiddos.
Anyone around here have any experience with this thing???
I am not Eligible, but still Interested, and would like to know more info from anyone who has participated in the past...
Anyone around here???? With the talents, I am sure there are a few of you!!

kap91

As many may be aware... and since there is such an interest for this kind of thing in this forum, I thought I would place this here...

Disney hosts this competition that is open to College Kiddos.
Anyone around here have any experience with this thing???
I am not Eligible, but still Interested, and would like to know more info from anyone who has participated in the past...
Anyone around here???? With the talents, I am sure there are a few of you!!
Was involved with competition this year, though we ended up being disqualified due to a paperwork error.

I can try to answer any questions you have. :)

bcoachable

Original Poster
Was involved with competition this year, though we ended up being disqualified due to a paperwork error.

I can try to answer any questions you have. :)
BUMMER... So Sorry to hear...
What tradition from your University did your group choose to Highlight??
How did you guys go about forming your group that you wanted to compete with???

kap91

BUMMER... So Sorry to hear...
What tradition from your University did your group choose to Highlight??
How did you guys go about forming your group that you wanted to compete with???

I don't remember for sure, but I think the NDA requires me to stay mum on the project concept we worked on until the competition is completely over (even though we were disqualified). So for safety's sake, and since this is the Internet,I'll stay out of that.

As far as team formation...bit unorthodox. I'm currently at SCAD in the themed entertainment MFA - however there was supposed to be like a school wide team formation event, but a lot of teams ended up forming before the event. Long story short I ended up without a team because I hesitated.

However a group of my friends in the major had a team and eventually one of them had to bow out due to work commitments and I ended up joining that team as the writer.

The nice thing about being in the THED program is that there's a bunch of us with different backgrounds, so it's relatively easy to form a diverse team. We had an architect, an interior designer, a person with a diverse range of art and presentation development skills, and myself. It was a nifty little idea we had too - but you live you learn. Definitely make sure the proof of enrollment is extremely specific.

bcoachable

Original Poster
I don't remember for sure, but I think the NDA requires me to stay mum on the project concept we worked on until the competition is completely over (even though we were disqualified). So for safety's sake, and since this is the Internet,I'll stay out of that.

As far as team formation...bit unorthodox. I'm currently at SCAD in the themed entertainment MFA - however there was supposed to be like a school wide team formation event, but a lot of teams ended up forming before the event. Long story short I ended up without a team because I hesitated.

However a group of my friends in the major had a team and eventually one of them had to bow out due to work commitments and I ended up joining that team as the writer.

The nice thing about being in the THED program is that there's a bunch of us with different backgrounds, so it's relatively easy to form a diverse team. We had an architect, an interior designer, a person with a diverse range of art and presentation development skills, and myself. It was a nifty little idea we had too - but you live you learn. Definitely make sure the proof of enrollment is extremely specific.

I understand the NDA, and should have known better to even ask...
Diversity of talents and skill, I would think, is a must!!
What a cool idea for SCAD to create the THED as a major...
Thanks for the info!

Is there anyone on here that has made it to the finals?!?!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom