Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

CinematicFusion

From the way it sounds the attraction will be impressive regardless of the movie it is based on. Splash Mountain is still popular even though it is based on a problematic movie. If Rise of Skywalker flops but Rise of Resistance is a great ride, I don’t see that having much impact on the ride’s popularity. Another example, Tron Legacy is quite mediocre while the coaster is amazing (Its a coaster, they are always popular)
Galaxy’s edge at the end of the day will be fantastic.
mandalorian has been excellent.

Disney dropped the ball hard though with Last Jedi and the original characters.

Maybe Rise of Skywalker saves the new trilogy but word on the street is the action is good but the story feels pasted on after being painted into a corner.

ToTBellHop

Galaxy’s edge at the end of the day will be fantastic.
mandalorian has been excellent.

Disney dropped the ball hard though with Last Jedi and the original characters.

Maybe Rise of Skywalker saves the new trilogy but word on the street is the action is good but the story feels pasted on after being painted into a corner.
To be fair, the prequels were widely despised but didn’t destroy the IP. People will move on.

Can we just focus on WDI’s monumental achievement instead of the films, though? This ride is Imagineering at its best.

Timmay

Gotta love the complainers here.

"Oh look, MFSR has such low wait times even though it's operating very well and with very little downtime. Compared to Hagrid's its a flop. Disney fail."

"RotR is going to be a disaster like Hagrid's - 10 hour waits, constant downtime. Disney Fail."

🙄
It’s pretty entertaining at this point honestly. There is a certain group that just can’t help themselves.

LSLS

Decided to ask my friend who is in guest relations what they have heard on RotR.

The only thing they said is because their partner works at DHS, the partner has gotten to ride it. CMs have been riding for a few weeks. Partner said it was the best ride they’ve been on, better then Hagrids and they are both obsessed with Hagrids and loved that ride.

I'd be SHOCKED if this wasn't the case. This ride sounds stupidly good. With the photos/insiders/etc., I think you'd have to be an idiot to question the quality of the ride. The question is really will it be operating, and how consistently will it operate? With the busiest week of the year just a couple weeks away, they don't have a lot of time to troubleshoot from opening. Good luck to everyone down there for this, hope things go as smoothly as possible.

Bender123

Ign.com posted their review. They gave it a 9.5 and called it the closest you can come to being in a star wars film. They also said it makes Galaxy's edge jump to light speed. They also posted a full video ride through.

Im sure its going to be a great ride, but IGN is basis for why people hate access media...They will give everything a 9 or up, just because Disney will cut them off if they don't. My favorite example was Collider when a podcast host didn't get invited to the GE preview, went on to complain how he was forced to be a Star Wars fan for 5 years, so he deserved a private trip.

c2nhc8r.gif

mikejs78

Premium Member
Im sure its going to be a great ride, but IGN is basis for why people hate access media...They will give everything a 9 or up, just because Disney will cut them off if they don't. My favorite example was Collider when a podcast host didn't get invited to the GE preview, went on to complain how he was forced to be a Star Wars fan for 5 years, so he deserved a private trip.

View attachment 430366

They gave MFSR a 7, so that kind of disproves your point.

the_rich

View attachment 430366
Well based on their video, that 9.5 might be low.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Word on the street is seldom right about these things. Few people have actually seen the movie at this point. Similar things have been said about every single Disney Star Wars movie. One of the times when word on the street said that the movie felt forced together and didn't flow, and the movie was in trouble was Rogue One, which most people seem to agree was an excellent movie. So let's judge it on its own merits when it comes out.

But enough about Rise of Skywalker. This thread is about Rise of the Resistance, which looks like a masterpiece.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom