Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Jones14

Sure, I wouldn't mind a specific timeline either- IF in that very "real" day something happens besides Vi sneaking around muttering something about spying (you can't hide in neon orange...) or Chewbacca playing simon says with children.

If the place was actually telling a story rather than relying on vignettes, I would be all in for this timeline nonsense. But that is not happening here.

Because nothing happens here.

Even the datapad, which is supposed to lean the land's imaginary infrastructure organically from the Resistance to the First Order doesn't actually have an effect on the land.

Quite literally, nothing happens. Nothing happens in New Orleans Square, either... but thats fine because it is a self-confessing theme park land with so much kinetic energy and explosive nighttime spectacular, that linear storytelling does not matter as much.
So we’re on the same page, then! The land needs more activity across the board. However, I do enjoy it immensely as it is currently exists, and for better or worse I expect Rise to give it a huge boost in terms of guest satisfaction.

Mickeyboof

So we’re on the same page, then! The land needs more activity across the board. However, I do enjoy it immensely as it is currently exists, and for better or worse I expect Rise to give it a huge boost in terms of guest satisfaction.

I think so too, it'll hopefully solidify the land's narrative.

I am still holding out on the dream that Resistance opening will bring about the stunt show and other experiences... So very hopeful!!

ToTBellHop

Except in other lands where props and sets aren't closed off.

Logic, man.
Do you see what happens to props they let guests touch? Why do you think they had to build a fence around the engine of that splash pad in Storybook Circus?

Stupid adults and their stupid children would be climbing on every set piece.

Mickeyboof

Do you see what happens to props they let guests touch? Why do you think they had to build a fence around the engine of that splash pad in Storybook Circus?

Stupid adults and their stupid children would be climbing on every set piece.

View attachment 423366
View attachment 423368

More people have illegally climbed sky scrappers and natural wonders than the temple or tree of life.

Come on.

Movielover

Except in other lands where props and sets aren't closed off.

Logic, man.

Uh-huh...

Sure... and all the rooms in the tree house are completely accessible right?

No railings there...

If they didn't have railings I guarantee you the A-Wing would look like this...

Or this...

Logic man!

Wow, and you enjoy experience of Galaxy's Edge?? God bless your work.

I have not been to Galaxy's Edge yet. I will be there in February.

Gee you sure sound like a delight to work with. Not sure about how your work looks and not going to blindly judge it based on a comment but at least you got the egotistical side of theater down... :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what the people that have to put up with you say behind your back...

ToTBellHop

Uh-huh...
View attachment 423365

View attachment 423367

No railings there...

View attachment 423369

Or this...
View attachment 423370

Logic man!

Gee you sure sound like a delight to work with. Not sure about how your work looks and not going to blindly judge it based on a comment but at least you got the egotistical side of theater down... :rolleyes:

I can only imagine what the people that have to put up with you say behind your back...
Yes. And they let you touch everything in the various Toy Story rides and animals (humans, apparently) literally scratch the paint off. A small number of people ruin this for the rest of us. A Star Wars Land in 1980 would have had X-Wings out in the open. It doesn't work in 2019. With that said, the parks have traditionally been for LOOKING at. Not bumping and grinding on.

Mickeyboof

Uh-huh...
View attachment 423365

View attachment 423367

No railings there...

View attachment 423369

Or this...
View attachment 423370

Logic man!

There's no business like show business baby!

Thanks for the photos of the things roped off. Sorry you didn't want to post photos of the interactive pieces as well.

Movielover

Thanks for the photos of the things roped off. Sorry you didn't want to post photos of the intractable pieces as well.

Wait what? You were literally complaining about stuff in Galaxies Edge being fenced off and how nothing else is fenced off, then I post pictures of other stuff fenced off and now you saying what that those expensive items that are fenced off aren't actually fenced off?

Show business is show business but being coherent is priceless!

ToTBellHop

Thanks for the photos of the things roped off. Sorry you didn't want to post photos of the interactive pieces as well.
You’ll notice the interactive elements are all geared toward preschoolers with short attention spans who need to smear fake honey or play fake ghost pianos. Why do you, a grown adult, need to touch an X Wing? Every time you touch a fake space ship, God kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens.

Mickeyboof

Wait what? You were literally complaining about stuff in Galaxies Edge being fenced off and how nothing else is fenced off, then I post pictures of other stuff fenced off and now you saying what that those expensive items that are fenced off aren't actually fenced off?

Show business is show business but being coherent is priceless!

Babe. Calm down.

I’m saying that you choose to send photos of only roped off items to prove your point.

In reality, there are plenty of things guests can touch/climb on/ peel paint off of that AREN’T ropped off.

Galaxy’s Edge has static droids roped off while you can climb on virtually anything in Toontown.

Mickeyboof

You’ll notice the interactive elements are all geared toward preschoolers with short attention spans who need to smear fake honey or play fake ghost pianos. Why do you, a grown adult, need to touch an X Wing? Every time you touch a fake space ship, God kills a kitten.

Please, think of the kittens.

Ah yes, the classic why do adults need to do anything at Disney Parks argument.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Uh-huh...
View attachment 423365

View attachment 423367

No railings there...

View attachment 423369

Or this...
View attachment 423370

Logic man!

If only they would raise prices faster to get all those people out of there.

ToTBellHop

Babe. Calm down.

I’m saying that you choose to send photos of only roped off items to prove your point.

In reality, there are plenty of things guests can touch/climb on/ peel paint off of that AREN’T ropped off.

Galaxy’s Edge has static droids roped off while you can climb on virtually anything in Toontown.
There you are again referring to an area geared toward 3-year olds. It’s like comparing a children’s museum to a grown-up museum. Most adults understand that a child can touch a 10-foot wide Lite Brite but an adult can’t touch a fake pharaoh’s sarcophagus.

Movielover

Which helps explain why Toontown is one of the worst looking sections of Disneyland condition wise... :rolleyes:

If only they would raise prices faster to get all those people out of there.

They don't need to raise prices... Just armed their employees with cattle prods. That will clear 'em! ;)

Mickeyboof

Which helps explain why Toontown is one of the worst looking sections of Disneyland condition wise... :rolleyes:

They don't need to raise prices... Just armed their employees with cattle prods. That will clear 'em! ;)

Wait why did you post two photos of people sitting on benches...? People are supposed to sit on benches....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom