Magic Band Question

TXDisney

This might be an odd question... but I figured I'd still ask bc we've never done this before. Our trip is coming up and we are staying for a longer time and we have family from Tampa meeting up at the Poly with us a day (hang by the pool and have drinks day). My wife and Mom are going to stick back and stay at the resort all day. My dad and I are going to the park for a few hours early in the morning. I made both of us 3 fast passes for that day early. I made my wife and Mom FPs for that day, but they have decided not to go to the parks. Can my Dad and I take their magic bands and use there FPs that morning? They will still have a magic band with them bc my baby will have one. Or does your magic band have to go through the gates in order for you FPs to work that day? Odd question I know

drizgirl

It would likely "work" but could get your wife and mom's accounts frozen. I wouldn't do it. They do a computer sweep (nightly? Not sure) for accounts that used FPs but weren't scanned at the entrance for park entry.

Upvote 0

Minthorne

This might be an odd question... but I figured I'd still ask bc we've never done this before. Our trip is coming up and we are staying for a longer time and we have family from Tampa meeting up at the Poly with us a day (hang by the pool and have drinks day). My wife and Mom are going to stick back and stay at the resort all day. My dad and I are going to the park for a few hours early in the morning. I made both of us 3 fast passes for that day early. I made my wife and Mom FPs for that day, but they have decided not to go to the parks. Can my Dad and I take their magic bands and use there FPs that morning? They will still have a magic band with them bc my baby will have one. Or does your magic band have to go through the gates in order for you FPs to work that day? Odd question I know

Your wife and Mom would have to go over and enter the park first. Then they each could leave one of their magic bands with you and go back to the hotel. At this point their Fast Passes could be used. CM may notice two guys goign on with women's names - but hey it's the 20teens, right?

All this being said, it is cheating the rules. Do at you own ethical peril :)

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I think if it’s one member of your party and you’re switching bands so one other person can ride twice, who cares? It’s the same number of rides. We occasionally will do this if my mom doesn’t want to ride by my 7yo wants to go twice. It doesn’t really seem like it should be a problem.
Edit to say: we would only do that if all parties were in the park for the day. Not if grandma swiped in and left. That would fee like cheating in a way swapping bands doesn’t. Swapping feels like handing off a FP with the old paper FP system.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom