Too much money and not worth it..

eliza61nyc

Try that logic as an employee.

"You all raised prices by 33% over the past several years. I would like a 33% raise as well."

:hilarious:
Actually you can IF you can prove you are worth the money to the company. yes, folks still go in and negotiate very nice salaries.
Now of course you've taken a bit of a stretch trying to correlate wages with admission price

Problem is you folks are viewing this emotionally
DISNEY has proven that their prices are justified.

Last edited:

Tanna Eros

😂😂😂😂

I’ll never forget the opening of Mystic Timbers. My kid was in all on the “ #WhatsInTheShed “ campaign. We went to the park for the announcement. Then, spring finally arrived and we were there on passholders preview night. Waited over 3 hours to ride Mystic Timbers.. the queue started at The Beast and went thru the Crypt, winding around until finally arriving at the Mystic Timbers cue, gasping in horror as we realized that we still had to wind thru all of that.

FINALLY board the train, so excited. Get to the shed.. and my kids yells out angrily “That’s IT?? That’s what’s in the shed??!!” 😂😂🤣🤣
It's supposed to recreate a long gone tradition of Southern Ohio hill hopping, when the cars were built in a way that you could Duke Brother a car over small hills, then go to the town's haunted road and wait for a ghost, only to be scared by another hill hopper coming down the road the other way. Nostalgia, maboy, nostalgia.

21stamps

It's supposed to recreate a long gone tradition of Southern Ohio hill hopping, when the cars were built in a way that you could Duke Brother a car over small hills, then go to the town's haunted road and wait for a ghost, only to be scared by another hill hopper coming down the road the other way. Nostalgia, maboy, nostalgia.

buffalo ridge!!!! 😂🤦‍♀️

Disneyhead'71

@21stamps, Carowinds is a nice park with some of awesome coasters. One of the more interesting tidbits about the park is that it sits on the North Carolina/South Carolina State line. So inside the park you can get a pic with one foot in North Carolina and the other in South Carolina.

cw2_3.jpg

It is not as big as KI, but I think it has a little more charm. Being a sister park to KI there are some things that you will find familiar like The Hurler and the kids Scooby-Doo/Fairly Odd Parents wooden coaster.

All that said, unless you are in the area or close by, I don't know that it is really worth making a special trip just for it.

With Pigeon Forge, TN only being 4.5 hours from Cinci, I really think you guys sould give Dollywood a try. Plus Great Smoky Mountain National Park is worth the trip alone.

eliza61nyc

By selling them at a discount?

By not hitting their attendance goals after opening their most hyped attraction?
wait, then what's the problem?? if the company is discounting the product than why is every one screaming that it's to expensive?? All folks should care about is the bottom line correct?? and whether or not my favorable bottom line comes from discounts, codes or whatever it's still the affordable price.

You can't complain that the prices are too high and then turn around and say Disney will give a discount??

I totally agree with you on the attendance goal with a small caveat of a "wait and see" not hitting those goals does not mean a revolution against the parks is beginning.

21stamps

Carowinds is a nice park with some of awesome coasters. One of the more interesting tidbits about the park is that it sits on the North Carolina/South Carolina State line. So inside the park you can get a pic with one foot in North Carolina and the other in South Carolina.

I didn’t know that!

t is not as big as KI, but I think it has a little more charm. Being a sister park to KI there are some things that you will find familiar like The Hurler and the kids Scooby-Doo/Fairly Odd Parents wooden coaster.

All that said, unless you are in the area or close by, I don't know that it is really worth making a special trip just for it.

this has been my hesitation when looking at their website, it looks like a lot of the rides are similar. Fury is the main reason we’ve wanted to go, I just never found the time.

With Pigeon Forge, TN only being 4.5 hours from Cinci, I really think you guys sould give Dollywood a try. Plus Great Smoky Mountain National Park is worth the trip alone.

You might have talked me into it.lol. I’ll tag you in the spring if we make it. We should have a soccer tournament in Gatlinburg sometime soon, maybe we’ll stay an extra day and visit Dollywood.

Shouldigo12

@21stamps, Carowinds is a nice park with some of awesome coasters. One of the more interesting tidbits about the park is that it sits on the North Carolina/South Carolina State line. So inside the park you can get a pic with one foot in North Carolina and the other in South Carolina.

cw2_3.jpg

It is not as big as KI, but I think it has a little more charm. Being a sister park to KI there are some things that you will find familiar like The Hurler and the kids Scooby-Doo/Fairly Odd Parents wooden coaster.

The land actually isn't Hanna Barbera or Nickelodean themed anymore. They lost the rights to that a while back. I don't know what the area is themes like in the other company parks, but in KI it's Peanuts themed now, and the Scooby ride they had where you hunted ghosts is just called Boo Blasters now and doesn't have any sort of theming.

Goofyernmost

We are down here right now and I went in Arribas Brothers at Disney Springs and asked. The person I talked with said she did not know how many had actually been sold. I asked, "More than one?" and she said,"Oh, yeah."
I don't doubt that at all. Like cocaine, buying one of those is gods way of telling you that you have to much money. They have been in the inventory for a very long time. My guess is 25 years or longer. So it is quite possible that some have been sold. Hopefully, not to many.

olie64

Reading this thread makes me reason just how much money people have. (In a good way, keep killing it people.) Heck we go about once a year and we try to keep it a cheap as possible, (minus we use dining plan easier to budget for it that way.) Since we are park people we tend to cheap out of the resort we stay out and for budget reasons.

I have found on our last trip the prices of stuff did make me kinda question thing but then seeing how happy it made my kid being there and the time with family being always together i realize it was worth it. We tend not not buy much, kids get 40 bucks on a gift card to spend for the trip on stuff, they don't need, haha.

I am one I enjoy all the planning parts of it...feel like a game and to me that is the fun part.

Goofyernmost

Reading this thread makes me reason just how much money people have. (In a good way, keep killing it people.) Heck we go about once a year and we try to keep it a cheap as possible, (minus we use dining plan easier to budget for it that way.) Since we are park people we tend to cheap out of the resort we stay out and for budget reasons.

I have found on our last trip the prices of stuff did make me kinda question thing but then seeing how happy it made my kid being there and the time with family being always together i realize it was worth it. We tend not not buy much, kids get 40 bucks on a gift card to spend for the trip on stuff, they don't need, haha.

I am one I enjoy all the planning parts of it...feel like a game and to me that is the fun part.
We all are like that, but we all also have different ways of planning and having to save as much money as possible to get maximum enjoyment for ourselves.

olie64

We all are like that, but we all also have different ways of planning and having to save as much money as possible to get maximum enjoyment for ourselves.

Don't get me wrong I would love to stay in a deluxe resort they are just above our price point at the moment. Would really like to stay at the Wilderness lodge one day.

Goofyernmost

Don't get me wrong I would love to stay in a deluxe resort they are just above our price point at the moment. Would really like to stay at the Wilderness lodge one day.
From my first visit I set my mind on the Contemporary. At the time, even though it was a whole lot less expansive then now, I still couldn't afford it. There were two requirements for my desire. One was the room had to be on the MK side of the tower building and it had to be an upper level. Years later, when I actually could have afforded to do it, it no longer seemed worth it to me, in fact, no onsite seemed worth it to me. That's not to say that others should feel that way, but frankly I looked at the current prices and just asked myself... for what? No, thanks I can use that money for other things. However, like I said, that is just me. Many, many people absolutely disagree with me. :eek::)

mdcpr

We're staying there in November. In case this is the first and last trip to WDW, I decided to splurge. If we do go back to WDW a 2nd time, it will be no ADRs and probably staying at a friend's house in the area. Can't splurge like this every year.

olie64

We're staying there in November. In case this is the first and last trip to WDW, I decided to splurge. If we do go back to WDW a 2nd time, it will be no ADRs and probably staying at a friend's house in the area. Can't splurge like this every year.

Have fun. Yeah that we kind usually have a rough idea when the next trip will be so that why we never/haven't splurged yet.

21stamps

In 2016 I did a 9 night trip, 6 at GF- 1 night of rack rate for lagoon view (black Friday, no discounts, $805 if I remember correctly) and then 5 30% discounted nights (I had downgraded from TPV prior to the stay because of finding out I could request a specific lagoon view room number and would have a view of MK, luckily I did get my request)..and then 3 nights of rack rate at Wilderness Lodge ($500something I think). I would not pay rack rate for any of those resorts now. No way, the price for the room categories I get is just too high now. I’d only go if 25-30% off.

I received a pin code and am still bulking at Poly’s theme park view rate. Last time I stayed there was 2015, and with a 30% discount it was about $600something-ish per night. It’s no where near that now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom