Too much money and not worth it..

Goofyernmost

I'm not so sure I agree, I like the convenience, it's worth $400 to me.
Well, a number of factors entered into my upset... The price of course which to me was "we got you by the short hairs and you have no choice but to pay this", coupled with the fact that the car was only two weeks old and a lease so I had to replace it now or pay for it later when I turned the car in, another is that I have never lost a key to my cars in the 50 years that I have own cars and lastly, it was accidentally intermingled with some rags that were being thrown out in a compacting dumpster that I had no access too and even if it did there was a good chance that it would be shattered and I also lost my apartment keys, spare garage key, the key to my daughters house and my spare mailbox key.

I keep track of all my maintenance cost and my previous car that I had for 3 years only had $80.00 in maintenance and that was oil changes. So $400.00 seemed like a million. Spending that much for something that never should have happened to begin with, being it was my personal error made it twice as hard to bear. It was not my best day. I was doing my Son in law a favor and replacing the grips on his golf clubs for free (which is the way it should have been) but still.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's no longer $2 for a simple car key. My car has them - no automatic locks - and got charged $10 for an extra key.

Yeah, Cedar Point is in Ohio. Not going to get a lot of interested folks when it's 33 out. Or sleeting. Or -40.
That said, Alpengeist (Busch Gardens Williamsburg) has a whole new level of authenticity when it's a cold Spring day.

21stamps

That said, Alpengeist (Busch Gardens Williamsburg) has a whole new level of authenticity when it's a cold Spring day.

I have never been on that coaster, but I was on a ride called ā€œDeliriumā€ (spinning pendulum type ride) when it started raining. Felt like we were being pelted with knives. Absolutely miserable. I was definitely delirious, and didnā€™t have any feeling left in my face.

I donā€™t know which is worse though, we took a face full of splatted bugs when on the first hill on the front seat of Steal Vengeance at night. So Many Bugs by all of the lights. We kept our mouths closed the entire remainder of the ride and kept covering our faces for protection.
PSA-Never go on that seat at night.lol

Last edited:

Tanna Eros

I mean, it's hard to give exact numbers, but I don't know anyone local who eats in the parks. The food is pretty much regular mall food court restaurants, or at least they were last time I went. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, I've only ate one meal (not including snacks) in the park, and that was only because I was with a very large school group where we had some sort of discount. Every other time my family went to the McDonald right outside the park or packed a cooler we kept in the car. The actual meals (again, not counting snacks) were just not good enough to justify the price.
I eat in the park, but it has to be small, at the most, a half a Chik-fil-A sandwich, because rides. I don't go there for the whole day. I usually hit the park in the afternoon. I never eat before Diamondback. That's just not done. To me, the prices are comparable for the convenience of staying in the park, not hauling out to the parking lot and driving. The up price at KI is basically a convenience pricing, but the up price at Disney is for the fantasy.

Cedar Faire plunks down a roller coaster any old where, and we whoop. They don't have a theme besides 'amusement park'.
Disney paints everything fancy and holds it all together with a cod pin. That's what people pay the extra for. There's a perceived idea of perfection you pay for at Disney (maybe that's why people like Katiebug get upset- throw her in KI and she'd think she was lucky that someone didn't eat before they rode Diamondback).

And when comparing prices, think about this; I was a ride operator at KI, and my mother was the hoser at the Viking Ship.

edit: (This leads to the question; How many hoser rides are there at Disney? Vomit comets are a given at an amusement park, but the research that goes into a theme park like Disney probably negates the hoser position.)

Last edited:

VaderTron

Yeah, Cedar Point is in Ohio. Not going to get a lot of interested folks when it's 33 out. Or sleeting. Or -40.
It's not winter weather in the second half of August, any of September, or May, and most of April and October. However, they clearly rely on school aged teens to keep the gates open during the week (thus only open weekdays when school is out). That says a lot. 1) The park is not interesting enough, clean enough, or entertaining enough to draw large crowds from outside the area consistently even with significantly cheaper prices than WDW. 2) When it is open during the week there will be rude, arrogant teens with their obnoxious friends everywhere. I've been to parks like that before. Not an enjoyable atmosphere.

21stamps

It's not winter weather in the second half of August, any of September, or May, and most of April and October. However, they clearly rely on school aged teens to keep the gates open during the week (thus only open weekdays when school is out). That says a lot. 1) The park is not interesting enough, clean enough, or entertaining enough to draw large crowds from outside the area consistently even with significantly cheaper prices than WDW. 2) When it is open during the week there will be rude, arrogant teens with their obnoxious friends everywhere. I've been to parks like that before. Not an enjoyable atmosphere.

Do you know where Lake Erie is located?

Besides that, do you know why their passes are called ā€œseason passesā€ and not ā€œannual passesā€? Because their regular season is around Memorial Day - Labor Day. After that they close, then open back up for Halloween Haunt (weekends only lasting about 5-6 weeks).

Lastly, do you honestly think that only Sandusky locals are visiting Cedar Point?

Are you always this negative and misinformed about everything? Maybe the problem isnā€™t Disney.,lol

Disneyhead'71

My CF platinum passes will be a good value next year when Iā€™ll have the FL.lol. They havenā€™t been a good value the past 2 years because I always bulk at the price of fast lane and Cedar Point hotels sell out too quickly, or are priced higher than I want, or the crowd predictions are way too high. Usually a combination of all 4.

I look at value more than cost. Thatā€™s whatā€™s important to me.
I should add that I feel CP isn't really a great "value". But they have some awesome attractions, so people pay it. And CP has been having some pretty sever staffing issues for the last 2 years that have been effecting ops. Resulting in longer lines.

If you are looking for a good "value" in your regional theme park vacations, Dollywood is the place to go. And they have some of the best theme park food I have ever had. Nothing fancy, but dang good comfort food.

VaderTron

Do you know where Lake Erie is located?

Besides that, do you know why their passes are called ā€œseason passesā€ and not ā€œannual passesā€? Because their regular season is around Memorial Day - Labor Day. After that they close, then open back up for Halloween Haunt (weekends only lasting about 5-6 weeks).

Lastly, do you honestly think that only Sandusky locals are visiting Cedar Point?

Are you always this negative and misinformed about everything? Maybe the problem isnā€™t Disney.,lol
After multiple posts do you still not know I'm talking about KI? I have only been talking about KI. You said you lived 9 mins away, so I figured you would relate well to KI. This is why we can't get anywhere in discussions. You pay very little attention to the flow of the discussion and are intent on proving everyone wrong instead of having a discussion. I have tried to avoid it but....congratulations. You have won a free lifetime pass to my ignore list. Talk about value! You get your pass for free and I get peace. Enjoy your prize.

21stamps

I should add that I feel CP isn't really a great "value". But they have some awesome attractions, so people pay it. And CP has been having some pretty sever staffing issues for the last 2 years that have been effecting ops. Resulting in longer lines.

If you are looking for a good "value" in your regional theme park vacations, Dollywood is the place to go. And they have some of the best theme park food I have ever had. Nothing fancy, but dang good comfort food.

We were in line for Banshee (KI) and had a man behind us who had gone to Cedar Point the weekend prior. Checked into Hotel Breakers Fri night, went to the park Saturday, left the hotel around 7am Sunday morning. One park day. He had a family of 4 and let his 2 daughters each bring a friend. Party of 6. They had early entry from staying at that hotel, and stayed til park close.. average wait time for the most popular coasters were 2hours+, some were over 3.

He did not want to buy FLP for 6 people, said they were only able to ride a handful of coasters, and will not return without FL. All of that money and didnā€™t even do a 3rd of the available attractions.

Crowds have gotten out of hand, but wow their coasters are amazing. Much better than KI.. although I think our International Street is much better than the entrance to CP.

I have not been to Dollywood, but Iā€™ve only heard good things about it. Donā€™t know if Iā€™ll make it next year, we want to try Carowinds and make it to CP at least a few times to get the most out of the all season FL. Hopefully someday!

ETA- CP did have some decent decorations though, better than I expected. I havenā€™t been to KI this fall, so canā€™t compare between the two.
5A05A502-2CD6-47CB-AEBF-2B0029B0BCFC.jpeg7B25371C-AA3C-4AF9-A2C8-05D63BBAAE48.jpeg54D03587-88E9-4CF5-A68A-64BB15BD4F89.jpegD4CB0D38-1462-4C13-9DBC-6CBCDA6866DB.jpegEC626CE9-F9A1-4F62-ACF7-56E501034F6F.jpeg12FBB6FF-FE61-4F74-A6C6-A3A928CB818D.jpeg

Last edited:

21stamps

After multiple posts do you still not know I'm talking about KI? I have only been talking about KI. You said you lived 9 mins away, so I figured you would relate well to KI. This is why we can't get anywhere in discussions. You pay very little attention to the flow of the discussion and are intent on proving everyone wrong instead of having a discussion. I have tried to avoid it but....congratulations. You have won a free lifetime pass to my ignore list. Talk about value! You get your pass for free and I get peace. Enjoy your prize.

Yet all of the posts you quoted were about Cedar Point.lol.
Have a magical day :)

Shouldigo12

I eat in the park, but it has to be small, at the most, a half a Chik-fil-A sandwich, because rides. I don't go there for the whole day. I usually hit the park in the afternoon. I never eat before Diamondback. That's just not done. To me, the prices are comparable for the convenience of staying in the park, not hauling out to the parking lot and driving. The up price at KI is basically a convenience pricing, but the up price at Disney is for the fantasy.

Cedar Faire plunks down a roller coaster any old where, and we whoop. They don't have a theme besides 'amusement park'.
Disney paints everything fancy and holds it all together with a cod pin. That's what people pay the extra for. There's a perceived idea of perfection you pay for at Disney (maybe that's why people like Katiebug get upset- throw her in KI and she'd think she was lucky that someone didn't eat before they rode Diamondback).

And when comparing prices, think about this; I was a ride operator at KI, and my mother was the hoser at the Viking Ship.
True. Plus, like I mentioned a few pages back, losing an hour or so at KI probably doesn't mean as much to people as losing an hour at DW.

Tanna Eros

True. Plus, like I mentioned a few pages back, losing an hour or so at KI probably doesn't mean as much to people as losing an hour at DW.
Hel no. We're used to it. When a park advertises itself to be experimental, and the ride is "the first of its' kind", just expect to be hanging sideways in the alien spacecraft for a hour when the lights go on and you realize you're sideways in a storage shed.

21stamps

Hel no. We're used to it. When a park advertises itself to be experimental, and the ride is "the first of its' kind", just expect to be hanging sideways in the alien spacecraft for a hour when the lights go on and you realize you're sideways in a storage shed.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ll never forget the opening of Mystic Timbers. My kid was in all on the ā€œ #WhatsInTheShed ā€œ campaign. We went to the park for the announcement. Then, spring finally arrived and we were there on passholders preview night. Waited over 3 hours to ride Mystic Timbers.. the queue started at The Beast and went thru the Crypt, winding around until finally arriving at the Mystic Timbers cue, gasping in horror as we realized that we still had to wind thru all of that.

FINALLY board the train, so excited. Get to the shed.. and my kids yells out angrily ā€œThatā€™s IT?? Thatā€™s whatā€™s in the shed??!!ā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom