Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundown

Hi @Disnerd2003 . May I ask you a few questions? (Sorry some of them are pretty specific!)

1.) Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge: The Last Jedi movie proved to be pretty divisive among even decades-long SW fans. It personally put a bad taste in my mouth for all things Star Wars…and I’m a lifelong fan. I so wanted to like the movie, and hated it. Due to this, I lost a lot of interest in SW and honestly expected to be underwhelmed by Galaxy’s Edge; and this tempered my desire to visit it.

My question is: Did Disney fear the divisive reaction would effect Galaxy’s Edge? And if not, why not? What effect did the divisive reaction to the move have on the development/building of Galaxy’s Edge? Were things changed due to The Last Jedi reaction?

2.) Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge: Is the company considering incorporating more Original Trilogy characters, planets or vehicles?

3.) Visiting the House of Magic at the Magic Kingdom is one of my cherished memories as a child. Thanks for the updated sign and limited time Yesteryears T-shirts and magic band. Disney is sitting on potential gold-mind here as far as developing a great story based on the House of Magic. Potentially a Potter-level property. Are there any plans for more House of Magic updates? Or other updates to former MK Main Street stores?

4.) Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a terrific attraction. It allows exploration of the often-overlooked areas of the Magic Kingdom. This is Disney being it’s best Disney. Do you know if there are any updates planned? New playable cards? Expanding the game in to Tomorrowland?

5.) Pandora: The first time I attended, the atmospheric soundtrack had the sound of a Pandoran beast bellowing unseen behind the trees. Then, a similar beast bellowed from the other side of the path, sounding like a far-off in the distance reply. This audio created the idea of such a larger world! But when I returned a year later and listed all day to the atmospheric soundtrack, it was not there.

Does Pandora have different atmospheric soundtracks? Do they run at different times of the year, indicating the “seasons” of Pandora?

6.) I can always watch plenty of Disney movies, like Toy Story, Frozen or Guardians of the Galaxy at home. I can buy tons of their toys, t-shirts, etc. too. I can immerse myself at home in these things. But I can only experience The Haunted Mansion at a Disney Park. Same with Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Tom Sawyers Island, etc. These “park only” experiences stayed with me from childhood and are the reason I return to the parks.

But does the same happen from a ride for an intellectual property that the public can “over-expose” themselves to daily at home? How does Disney value the park-exclusive attractions? And does Disney realize that people want to seek out story-experiences they truly can’t get at home?

Thank you for reading these and for your replies!

EPCOTCenterLover

Here, watch this, here's a question he'll never answer:

You say you were someone that killed the theater planned for Main Street (although it will still be built in the future). Someone of your vast insider knowledge must know what was planned for the lowest floor of the building. I do. What was it?
So, will you tell us the answer if he does not?

RSoxNo1

Hi @Disnerd2003 . May I ask you a few questions? (Sorry some of them are pretty specific!)

1.) Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge: The Last Jedi movie proved to be pretty divisive among even decades-long SW fans. It personally put a bad taste in my mouth for all things Star Wars…and I’m a lifelong fan. I so wanted to like the movie, and hated it. Due to this, I lost a lot of interest in SW and honestly expected to be underwhelmed by Galaxy’s Edge; and this tempered my desire to visit it.

My question is: Did Disney fear the divisive reaction would effect Galaxy’s Edge? And if not, why not? What effect did the divisive reaction to the move have on the development/building of Galaxy’s Edge? Were things changed due to The Last Jedi reaction?
We don't measure success by 10 hour wait times, we measure success by the results of misleading survey questions that tell us exactly what we want to hear.

2.) Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge: Is the company considering incorporating more Original Trilogy characters, planets or vehicles?
Chewbacca is in the land, what more do you want? R2-D2? He can purchased for only $150K.

3.) Visiting the House of Magic at the Magic Kingdom is one of my cherished memories as a child. Thanks for the updated sign and limited time Yesteryears T-shirts and magic band. Disney is sitting on potential gold-mind here as far as developing a great story based on the House of Magic. Potentially a Potter-level property. Are there any plans for more House of Magic updates? Or other updates to former MK Main Street stores?
A Doctor Strange meet and greet will be placed inside the big golf ball in front of Epcot. This will be a storytelling meet and greet and will be most assuredly more Disney than Spaceship Earth ever was.

4.) Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom is a terrific attraction. It allows exploration of the often-overlooked areas of the Magic Kingdom. This is Disney being it’s best Disney. Do you know if there are any updates planned? New playable cards? Expanding the game in to Tomorrowland?
Doctor Strange will take over Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. We understand that our competition down the street has success with a boy wizard. So what's better than a boy wizard? A man wizard. And we're putting him everywhere.

5.) Pandora: The first time I attended, the atmospheric soundtrack had the sound of a Pandoran beast bellowing unseen behind the trees. Then, a similar beast bellowed from the other side of the path, sounding like a far-off in the distance reply. This audio created the idea of such a larger world! But when I returned a year later and listed all day to the atmospheric soundtrack, it was not there.

Does Pandora have different atmospheric soundtracks? Do they run at different times of the year, indicating the “seasons” of Pandora?
These are actual Pandoran animals in the foliage performing this call and response. The Animal Kingdom is a place where nature reigns supreme and sometimes nature "takes over" with standard background music.

6.) I can always watch plenty of Disney movies, like Toy Story, Frozen or Guardians of the Galaxy at home. I can buy tons of their toys, t-shirts, etc. too. I can immerse myself at home in these things. But I can only experience The Haunted Mansion at a Disney Park. Same with Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Tom Sawyers Island, etc. These “park only” experiences stayed with me from childhood and are the reason I return to the parks.

But does the same happen from a ride for an intellectual property that the public can “over-expose” themselves to daily at home? How does Disney value the park-exclusive attractions? And does Disney realize that people want to seek out story-experiences they truly can’t get at home?

Thank you for reading these and for your replies!
I recently spoke with Alan Horne and we are working on movies for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Kilimanjaro Safaris. I can't get too far into details, but I will say that Steve Gutenberg is involved.

matt9112

I sleep great, especially when I count the billions of dollars The Walt Disney Company® is making through our world class theme parks.

You dont actually count them you pay people to count them and tell you how many you made. In fact theres likely an entire department with that one job.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think we have a better chance of seeing Santa, The Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy performing the ballad of Bilbo Baggins than we do of having the OP return to shower us with his insider knowledge.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
It is becoming EXTREMELY hard to read everyone's questions. Therefore, from here on out, I'm setting my own rules as follows.
1) Do not ask a question until I've answered the previous one. One at a time.
2) Read the entire thread or the majority of it before asking to be sure I haven't already answered what you're asking.
3) No more wasting pages with debates of my credibility. Stop acting like children.
4) Have a magical day!
Please know that I am very busy so it may take me a few hours to get back to you.

Squishy

YES! The current Q/A session lasts until 1130 Est.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom