What lenses do I need at Disney World?

rlynnhodge

Original Poster
Hey friends,

I will be going to Disney World for Christmas this year. I want to take some amazing photos. I shoot with a Canon t7i (crop sensor). I am going to all parks. What lenses should I bring? This is what I currently have:

8-15mm
10-18mm
18-400mm
24mm
35mm
50mm
85mm
100mm

Thank you in advance

Quote Reply
Report Edit

KeithVH

I would take the 10-18 and the 35. Unless you really plan to spend a lot of time at AK and you feel you really need the reach of the 18-400. I don't like the distortion on anything much wider than 10 so would leave the 8-15 except for very artsy purposes.

I have found most of my time is spent with a WA as you are just too close to most everything and you need the extra field of view. But having at least one prime would be nice.

thomas998

Hey friends,

I will be going to Disney World for Christmas this year. I want to take some amazing photos. I shoot with a Canon t7i (crop sensor). I am going to all parks. What lenses should I bring? This is what I currently have:

8-15mm
10-18mm
18-400mm
24mm
35mm
50mm
85mm
100mm
I say the 10-18 and a prime, but can't say what prime I would suggest because you didn't say how fast they were. I generally like to take at least one lens that is fast enough to give me the nice blurry background when I want it... The 35 might do it if you have a fast enough lens but most certainly I would expect the 50mm to be fast enough. 85 and 100 are for me pointless on a crop sensor at Disney... to close for most photos you would want and note close enough for the few at AK where you might want a good closeup. I might even consider the 24 instead of the 35 if it is a fast lens.

The other question is what types of shots are you going for? Night shots? Ride shots? Disney itself or your family... kind of hard to suggest anything really without knowing what you plan on shooting.... for l know you may had shots of animals high on your list in which case the 400 makes sense.

BoarderPhreak

You need long lenses for one park only, really: AK. Maybe for occasional parade use, etc. Leave it home, or bring it and leave it in the room safe until AK day.

Disney favors shooting close, so go wide. Maybe also a general purpose 24-70/105 equivalent.

Bring a fast prime too, for the evenings - either a 35/50mm equivalent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom