Tower of Terror Basement Elevator recreation at my home

Epcot_Imagineer

Well the electronic firecracker does have a disposable component, and they are designed for only short (few seconds at most) and not continuous bursts of discharge.
Okay! The only reason I ask about cold sparks is because there was a discussion elsewhere on these forums about sparks being used for the Star Wars Rise of the Resistance ride that are completely cold and pose no fire risk as they are created from non-flammable materials being combined in a machine that makes the effect. Here's a video of it, and someone interacting with it to prove the fact that it is not flammable and for indoor use!

Some of the shock effects used in your video shows that it needs to be a few hundred feet/yards away from certain materials which worry me. Glad you thought about an extinguisher and a barrier to keep people away!

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
Okay! The only reason I ask about cold sparks is because there was a discussion elsewhere on these forums about sparks being used for the Star Wars Rise of the Resistance ride that are completely cold and pose no fire risk as they are created from non-flammable materials being combined in a machine that makes the effect. Here's a video of it, and someone interacting with it to prove the fact that it is not flammable and for indoor use!

Some of the shock effects used in your video shows that it needs to be a few hundred feet/yards away from certain materials which worry me. Glad you thought about an extinguisher and a barrier to keep people away!

Oh this is the first I have seen or heard of this type of technology; Cool! LOL.

Rodj

This would be a good alternative Disney should use for the Tower of Terror sign sparks.

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
Check the Tower of Terror Theater Channel later THIS WEEK to hear a custom voice narration by Mark Silverman for the Tower of Terror Theater by the Tower of Terror voice of Rod Serling on the actual ride. I am so excited to hear it!!

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster

I was wondering where you might have seen any information that "Some of the shock effects used in your video shows that it needs to be a few hundred feet/yards away from certain materials which worry me." Obviously you would not want to have open sparks near gasoline or other combustible materials, but just wondering if you have seen something regarding E-crackers or this technology that I am unaware of. Thanks!

Epcot_Imagineer

I was wondering where you might have seen any information that "Some of the shock effects used in your video shows that it needs to be a few hundred feet/yards away from certain materials which worry me." Obviously you would not want to have open sparks near gasoline or other combustible materials, but just wondering if you have seen something regarding E-crackers or this technology that I am unaware of. Thanks!
I definitely don't know more than you, or especially the tech helping you design this! I just saw a warning in the video you sent me about the shock effects you were using that said something about "stay xx yards away" or something to that effect. Didn't mean to startle you!

Epcot_Imagineer

Check the Tower of Terror Theater Channel later THIS WEEK to hear a custom voice narration by Mark Silverman for the Tower of Terror Theater by the Tower of Terror voice of Rod Serling on the actual ride. I am so excited to hear it!!
Also how did you arrange this? That's incredible! I'm assuming you had to pay, but how did you get in-contact?

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
I definitely don't know more than you, or especially the tech helping you design this! I just saw a warning in the video you sent me about the shock effects you were using that said something about "stay xx yards away" or something to that effect. Didn't mean to startle you!
I looked at the video again, and there is no mention about staying any particular distance from the devices, only to keep them away from flammable liquids.

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
So as part of my Tower of Terror Basement recreation, I was able to contact Mark Silverman the voice talent who does Rod Serling's voice impersonation in the Tower of Terror ride. He agreed to do some custom voice scripts for my project and here they are. There are two versions which only vary in the last couple of sentences. Tell me which you like better.

Mention of 5th dimension and doors opening
Version2; No mention of 5th Dimension

Epcot_Imagineer

So as part of my Tower of Terror Basement recreation, I was able to contact Mark Silverman the voice talent who does Rod Serling's voice impersonation in the Tower of Terror ride. He agreed to do some custom voice scripts for my project and here they are. There are two versions which only vary in the last couple of sentences. Tell me which you like better.

Mention of 5th dimension and doors opening
Version2; No mention of 5th Dimension
I prefer the one with the mention of the fifth dimension!

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
Yes I think I do too. In that one he says the doors have opened, so I guess I will be forced to add yet another special effect with the elevator door opening at the end of the scene!!
So I am attempting to hire a Deepfake SPX artist to digitally alter some Rod Serling footage from the Twilight Zone so that he appears to speak the custom narration I had Mark Silverman do. The deepfake video with the custom narration would appear projected onto a 5' x 8' Lexan panel to appear as a "holgraphic" image inside the darkened theater. Here is a test of a projection onto this 5' x 8' lexan sheet.

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
The technician working on the project was trying to get the fuse box with the ecrackers programmed and the ecrackers went off about 6 inches from his nose. Other than severely startling him no other injury fortunately.

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
Thanks for your interest Epcot_Imagineer!:)

Latest updates on the refined programming of lightning strobes and in-set lighting and dimming effects, as well as in-set demo of "holographic" full stature projections in the theater.

Last edited:

Epcot_Imagineer

Thanks for your interest Epcot_Imagineer!:)

Latest updates on the refined programming of lightning strobes and in-set lighting and dimming effects, as well as in-set demo of "holographic" full stature projections in the theater.

I've been watching your videos on YouTube, I love the progression. Only thing that would put the cherry on top for me would be the inclusion of the star field scene!

Tower of Terror Theater

Original Poster
I've been watching your videos on YouTube, I love the progression. Only thing that would put the cherry on top for me would be the inclusion of the star field scene!
So the Body Double for Rod Serling was filmed and the Deepfake SPX artist is processing it. He sent a single frame of the first rendering and it is looking very promising. I will of course post the deepfake once it is completed.

As far as the star field, the corona virus outbreak will likely delay this since the company that makes the LED star fabric is affected, dont know when they might be able to start up again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom