News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

MrPromey

PHOTOS - Construction update from the new Epcot tram stop and arrival area

It is my sincere and honest hope that every person within the company responsible for approving these tram station changes gets the opportunity to wait for a tram back to a car in the parking lot during a nice heavy summer thunder storm.

Seriously - every other form of transportation they offer has a covered waiting area at the parks (buses, monorails, skyways, boats) but instead of improving the situation at the two parks in need of it, they appear to have chosen to just permanently eliminate it at the ones that had it.

Why?

Last edited:

Rescue Ranger

I'm very curious about what the state of construction will be in 6-7 months. I'll be there end of April. Some of the construction is going faster than I expected and then others not so much.

Hard to remember a time when WDW wasn't under construction. From the parks to resorts to downtown Disney and surrounding roads, so much has happened in the last 10 years especially.

jt04

I'm very curious about what the state of construction will be in 6-7 months. I'll be there end of April. Some of the construction is going faster than I expected and then others not so much.

Hard to remember a time when WDW wasn't under construction. From the parks to resorts to downtown Disney and surrounding roads, so much has happened in the last 10 years especially.

All the new arrival work should be completed by your visit.

Yes, the last 10 years have been epic with no signs of slowing down.

JLipnick

has anyone who has seen the plans for EPCOT know if the bag check will be moved back behind the exit of the monorail so that getting off the monorail where you have already been checked, you won't have to go through security again?

wdizneew

has anyone who has seen the plans for EPCOT know if the bag check will be moved back behind the exit of the monorail so that getting off the monorail where you have already been checked, you won't have to go through security again?

I am pretty sure they are aware of this issue and are making that change with the new security/entrance. It is one of the most annoying things when staying at the MK resorts and having to go through security twice.

Magic Feather

Old Tram Stop is new security, allowing the monorail exit to be inside of the security perimeter. I have heard conflicting reports on the east side also getting a new security plaza, or if everyone will be routed west.

rudyjr13

Old Tram Stop is new security, allowing the monorail exit to be inside of the security perimeter. I have heard conflicting reports on the east side also getting a new security plaza, or if everyone will be routed west.

Finally some solid intel on this. This will make the monorail trip from MK resorts more pleasant. Thank you.

disney4life2008

You mean when you could circle around for 45 minutes attempting to park right outside world of Disney but ultimately give up and park near pleasure island?

Actually no. There was a time as recent as 2008/2009 you could literally park right outside world of Disney. It was actually closer to the the bath basin place.

peter11435

Actually no. There was a time as recent as 2008/2009 you could literally park right outside world of Disney. It was actually closer to the the bath basin place.
I’m well aware of how the lots used to be and that there were spaces right outside of world of Disney. I’m referring to the fact that parking was a nightmare if the complex was even moderately busy and you could not easily find an available space near that area.

pdude81

Center of what, the tear-drop? And given that small turn radius and how low those leaves are on one side I don't see why we'd want to make any passing attempts harder than need be.

disney4life2008

I’m well aware of how the lots used to be and that there were spaces right outside of world of Disney. I’m referring to the fact that parking was a nightmare if the complex was even moderately busy and you could not easily find an available space near that area.

True but not true. Yes you had to circle but prior to 2009 I always found a spot.

Monorail_Red_77

With the single Tram turn around now being built. Does anyone know if they are building a second turn around for the East Tram Loop? Or, will it tie into this single turn around loop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom