Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

mergatroid

Is it possible to get stuck on rocking coaster when it's upside down?

Highly unlikely. I was at Universal the day this happened but had ridden about an hour before this

To be honest though, things like this unfortunately happen. The only positives are to learn from these incidents and make things safer. I've ridden Rip Rockit numerous times since this incident.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Highly unlikely. I was at Universal the day this happened but had ridden about an hour before this happened

To be honest though, things like this unfortunately happen. The only positives are to learn from these incidents and make things safer. I've ridden Rip Rockit numerous times since this incident.

That's a very common occurrence for Rip Ride Rocket.

Magenta Panther

My, how times have changed since Walt built the monorails.

True story: Walt was working with a foreign company during the monorails' development. But his engineers did their own thing with the concept as well. At one point, the foreign company contacted Walt and said "Cease production! The monorails don't work!" To which Walt replied, "Well, come on out and have a look at ours, because THEY work!"

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Anyway, another day, another massive flop/embarrassment for Iger. Life is good.

natatomic

Disney seems to be surprisingly liberal with free park hopper passes. I’ve had them offered to me twice over the past few years.
I declined, however, since a one-day pass is nearly unusable to someone from out of state. But maybe that’s their ploy 🤷‍♂️

That’s because it costs them pennies per ticket to give out free passes, and they know you’ll spend money while you’re in the park. Heck, you might even spend money to get a Disney resort room just so you can stay long enough to use those passes. They lose so little and stand to gain a lot from handing out a few free tickets every now and then. It’s a lot cheaper than comping a hotel room or a meal.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You ever been stuck on IaSW for 30 minutes with the music playing? Now - That's traumatic.

..I told my husband who was furious and complained to the manager, Sam. Sam did nothing. Sam did not apologize. Sam did not let me sit down. Sam did not give us vouchers for free dessert. Sam did nothing but stand in front of the door and treat us like second-class citizens. :hilarious::joyfull:

WDW862

The times we live in? Disney price hikes, cutbacks, overcrowding... Obviously Disney's not the cause of all our woes, but they're not doing themselves any favors, either.

This forum is pretty negative. I'm not a "pixie duster", but people here hate everything. Disney could bring back a modern, ip-less version of Horizons and this forum would still find a way to hate it. Martin and a few others are the only reason I still stick around... but I think we're going a bit off-topic now.

WDW862

Highly unlikely. I was at Universal the day this happened but had ridden about an hour before this

I had a relative stuck on rip rocket until about 3am a few years ago (this was during HHN so the park was open late). Universal did nothing to compensate them.

mergatroid

I had a relative stuck on rip rocket until about 3am a few years ago (this was during HHN so the park was open late). Universal did nothing to compensate them.

It was probably that night on the video as we were there that very night right at the beginning of the HHN season. I don't want to comment on the compensation side though as it could derail (no pun intended) the thread further, let's hope nobody suffered too much though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom