MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

TTA94

Doesn’t pertain to a parade, at least I hope it’s not chosen over a parade, but
apparently word is being spread among CMs that HEA is going away in 2021. I know most CMs are not to be a trusted source of info... but we already expected HEA to be going away.

HoldenC

A return of the old, stale, and uninspired MSEP would be a huge failure for the 50th anniversary. It was wonderful in its heyday but now its ugly and really deserves to be in a museum or something. It is hilariously embarrassing Disney keeps bringing it out every few years as a point of pride. They should be embarrassed by it.

Animaniac93-98

Doesn’t pertain to a parade, at least I hope it’s not chosen over a parade, but
apparently word is being spread among CMs that HEA is going away in 2021. I know most CMs are not to be a trusted source of info... but we already expected HEA to be going away.

I wouldn't be surprised if they recycled most of "Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland" for WDW's 50th new show. It's the same castle and mostly the same rides, so they wouldn't need to modify the projections and audio that much.

They did this for Once Upon a Time, so it's not without precedent.

TTA94

I wouldn't be surprised if they recycled most of "Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland" for WDW's 50th new show. It's the same castle and mostly the same rides, so they wouldn't need to modify the projections and audio that much.

They did this for Once Upon a Time, so it's not without precedent.

My thought exactly, that show or similar almost seems inevitable. Hopefully along with upgrades such as fountains and Main Street projections.

brb1006

I don’t think Tokyo will get rid of Dreamlights. They tend to refurb it don’t they?
Tokyo refurbs there electrical parade at least every three to four years and removing older floats to add brand new ones. They even got a Christmas edition sometime in 2006/2007 where the floats and the characters are dressed in Holiday attire.

Last edited:

JayKZ

Why spend $$ on rebuilding a former parade instead of using that money to create a new one? I'm all for nostalgia but rebuilding Spectro would be a huge waste of money.
They could rebuild it and make it better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Budget?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom