FP+ and AP renewal from Gold to Platinum

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Ok, I have a WDW trip planned for New Year's Eve, and my current (FL Resident Gold) AP expires in January and the renewal window starts in November. My intent is that I am renewing as Platinum and not Gold, and was curious to know how FP+ would work under this circumstance? Would I still be able to book FP+ for 12/31 at 60 days out or would it be the day when I renew my AP, especially since I'm doing a resort stay?

On that note, I am also visiting WDW December 6-7 and will likely have my AP voucher by then, so how would a renewal from Gold to Platinum work anyway?

donsullivan

Premium Member
The renewal will take effect immediately after the current expiration of your current Gold Pass which you describe above as being in January. With a renewal, you maintain your same renewal date without regard to when you purchase the renewal. Based on what you describe you will still be a Gold Passholder on 12/31 and will be blacked out from admission to parks on 12/31 and as a result not be eligible for FP’s either. The benefits of being a Platinum Passholder will not take effect until the day after the scheduled expiration of your current Gold Pass Which you have described as being in January.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

Ok, I have a WDW trip planned for New Year's Eve, and my current (FL Resident Gold) AP expires in January and the renewal window starts in November. My intent is that I am renewing as Platinum and not Gold, and was curious to know how FP+ would work under this circumstance? Would I still be able to book FP+ for 12/31 at 60 days out or would it be the day when I renew my AP, especially since I'm doing a resort stay?

On that note, I am also visiting WDW December 6-7 and will likely have my AP voucher by then, so how would a renewal from Gold to Platinum work anyway?
Not sure if you are asking multiple questions?

Your current AP is through/expires in January and you have a Disney Trip that includes Disney Resort Room New Years Eve? The Resort Room alone would allow the FP window to open 60 days prior to beginning day of stay.

Does your AP expire BEFORE the end of your stay?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom